starfield, are you excited?

hollyh88

who all has pre purchased starfield and is planning on playing it sept 1? or is planning on playing it at release on sept 5th/6th? 🙂 
And how excited are you to play it?

i personally cannot wait to play another true bethesda rpg as its been years since falllout 4 released the last mainline bethesda title. and of course before that skyrim. Sadly not many games have given me this bethesda open world vibe that their games give me. The only game that came close to that in the past years was a game like elden ring funnily enough and i personally am dying to play another big rpg. so i personally bought the premium edition as i was planning on getting the dlc anyway so the earlier access is a nice bonus, (even convinced my partner who also games to get it as well) 🙂 

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

4 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

who all has pre purchased starfield and is planning on playing it sept 1? or is planning on playing it at release on sept 5th/6th? 🙂 

i personally cannot wait to play another true bethesda rpg as its been years since falllout 4 released the last mainline bethesda title. and of course before that skyrim. Sadly not many games have given me this bethesda open world vibe that their games give me. The only game that came close to that in the past years was a game like elden ring funnily enough and i personally am dying to play another big rpg. so i personally bought the premium edition as i was planning on getting the dlc anyway so the earlier access is a nice bonus, (even convinced my partner who also games to get it as well) 🙂 

Im surprisingly not hyped about it.  I love single player RPG games, my favorite genre after sim racing.   I just have not been able to click properly with Skyrim, Fallout or any bethesda game.  I WILL buy Starfield at one point, no doubt, but I will wait for a sale in a years time.. I got so many other games to play I need to finish first =/ Gotta stop myself from buying games and not playing 😄
It does however look like a really really fantastic game from what I'v seen so far.

Pre-ordered it a month ago. Waiting for the release, but not really hyped. Hoping it's going to be as good as it's been indicated.

I edit my posts more often than not

I'll probably get it at some point, though not hyped at all.

I have played the usual Bethesda RPGs (Fallout, Skyrim) and history has tought me to buy these games as GoTY when most of the bugs are fixed, DLCs are included and the choice of (bug fixing) mods is great.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

I just hope it wont crash as often as FO4 on launch, I too preordered the most expensive trim.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

31 minutes ago, hollyh88 said:

I was excited for Fallout 76 and "revolutionary graphics" and we got... shit graphics.  And other players are "NPCs".

We'll see.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

Not so much. I'm all on board to relive the experience of 1st time playing Skyrim but I'm not in rush. I don't really care if I play it few months or years later.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Yep, very excited. The elder scrolls have been some of my favorite games ever. I think the Fallouts are great too (never played 76 though). 

I never preorder anything, and I have gamepass, although this time I did order the premium edition upgrade (assuming/hoping it mixes with my gamepass standard edition fine), just so I could get the early access on the 1st. 

The upgrade was a little pricey, but the main selling point to me was that it says it's coming with some sort of story/side quest addon (I don't care about gear/cosmetics), and it moves the release to a Friday specifically. 

The Friday is what cinched it for me, more than just being earlier lol.

Edit: And if it's even just as good as previous Bethesda titles, I'll be happy, and if the modding isn't on point with the Windows gamepass version, I'm sure I'll buy the steam version eventually. (I never mod on first play through anyways).

19 hours ago, hollyh88 said:

Very excited, but Baldur's Gate 3 has comply sidetracked me so my hype for StarField is on hiatus for now. 

The big question however is, how long it will take for modders to add Skyrim dragons and a copy of The lusty argonian maid to the game. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

Maybe? I'm not pre-ordering, but I will watch the launch day reviews with interest. This feels like the best year for game releases for over a decade, so I'm not gasping for a new game. Probably give them 6 months to get the biggest patches out of the way, Bethesda has a reputation...

It's on Xbox PC Game pass 2023-9-5 so I might check it out if I can make 3000 more MS reward points by then and get Game pass free. I don't think I want to put $90 more into steam right now as I already have like 175 games I haven't even tried out yet. The Min specs call for a GTX 1070ti so I want to try it for free and make sure it runs before I dope that cash.

It's a Bethesda game. I'll wait for a few months until modders fix all the bugs then I'll jump in.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

Bethesda is still in my good graces despite the dumpster fire that was Fallout 76 (even though it got a lot better and definitely had its high points, launch and many other things were still inexcusable), but Starfield looks incredible. Everything they showed in their showcase a few months ago blew me away, so as long as it isn't absolutely broken on launch I have high hopes. They're one of my last few trusted western devs personally, so by God I need this lol. If it doesn't pan out at least I've got Armored Core to fall back on, so we'll see (fingers crossed)

I don't pre-purchase anything anymore unless I specifically want a limited run collectors edition or something, but i'm moderately excited yes.

Though I'll likely play this on XB instead of PC, as my wife like to backseat game big story driven titles.

I'm fairly excited, but wont pre-order. I will be paying attention to the release reviews to see if I should jump in right away, or give it a few months.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

On 8/9/2023 at 7:47 AM, Hinjima said:

my favorite genre after sim racing

Based.

On 8/9/2023 at 7:47 AM, Hinjima said:

Im surprisingly not hyped about it.

This is basically how I and most people I know feel about the release of Starfield. Not sure if it's just all of the overhyped messes that have came out or just Todd Howard saying "It just works" but I would rather wait and see rather then Pre-ordering and regretting my choices later. Honestly, once it comes out I may just do gamepass for a month to try it out.

Bethesda's quality has been slipping for a long time and F76 was a disaster so I see no reason to get hype for a game made by devs that still need to prove they can dig themselves out of a hole instead of further into it.

I love space games, but I am just not hyped for this one until reviews come out. The chances that it releases buggy, unfinished, and unoptimised is very high considering recent AAA releases

No, I categorically ignore any Bethesda games not made by any of their subsidiaries. Bethesda have a habit of releasing vanilla products that are so bad that they only become even remotely bearable when the players end up fixing shit the developers can't be bothered to. Dated graphics technology, bland art direction, horrendously shitty gameplay and time wasting copy-pasted quests and environments that add nothing to the experience beyond endless tedium. Also notice the frequency of praise Bethesda games get in the narrative department, or the notable absence thereof. Their games offer huge worlds that are about as deep as a kiddie pool and I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would get excited about any of it.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

I'm excited to try it but not buy it.  Luckily it is available day 1 on gamepass.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

Very excited but also very cautious...

I have been disappointed by modern games a lot, BF was for me the biggest disappointing, I paid a lot for that game and since then I watch gameplay before buying after release because the videos from the devs themselves are not really a good representation of how I will experience a game.

And since there is so much hype around it, I feel like waiting till most reviews are in and then making the decision to buy 🙂

I really miss a Fallout/MassEffect kind of RPG singleplayer game, and I think this checks most boxes, but ill wait...

"Trust but verify"
- Listed, think then talk -

I haven't played a game in a long time. I'm very much looking forward to Starfield as I am a big Fallout fan and the new IP sounds exciting. I'm hoping it's good as I'd love to find a game that sucks me in for a while again. 

thanks you all for writing
@DakotaCx , @Nouweland, @Murasaki, @ewitte, @Sigurd, @yesway, @Avocado Diaboli, @Silviecat44, @TOGSolid, @K4STOR, @Real_PhillBert, @Polderviking, @Scooby Fanfic, @Xiee, @Mrpizzaeater145, @Monkey Dust, @DeerDK, @Holmes108, @xAcid9, @Dedayog, @Levent, @Eigenvektor, @Tan3l6, @Hinjima

there have been since i written this post a few leaks. and while i myself avoided any story related things i have read and heard things related to gameplay and first impressions. I have also seen some screenshots and read the achievement list.
things ive heard:
and dont worry spoiler free.

some reviewers have played it already thanks to their preview keys. and have said that they encountered no bugs in their 15+ hours of playing it. and that they enjoy it a lot. and that they expect it will be a banger.
others have also stated that if you watched avatar (not the element benders but blue guys) it feels a lot like that on the different planets. thus if you liked those movies for their visual amazingness you will probably also be amazed at the different planets and how it wil feel.

i have also heard many things about the gameplay, most have stated they it is the most polished game they have played from bethesda by far especially in the gameplay elements where loads of things are very detailed. and even to the point where you do need to actually hear what npcs have to say to you and read certain things in order to understand what you have to do. thus a lot less here look at your compass there is a direct indication of where you need to go and where an item is. but more go do it yourself. 

the screenshots i have seen look pretty detailed and good for a bethesda game. which i expect many of us want. i expect many of you dont expect extreme detailed graphics but at least much better than previous titles and it seems we will be getting that. if you want to see a picture i will post one of a location that doesnt show much. besides a building name. see it or dont. 🙂 not sure about the resolution of the gameplay or settings though.

Spoiler

SPOILER_dlrivr15n7jb1.png

and i have heard some performance statements. of course take it with a massive pile of doubt

approximately 45 fps at 4k max settings (not sure about fsr being enabled) with a 4070. so perf wise if this is true it sounds like it will be performing pretty decently.
And the game launches on version 1.6 something. thus it has seen very many bug fixes and optimization's.

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate