starfield, are you excited?

hollyh88
1 hour ago, hollyh88 said:

thanks you all for writing
@DakotaCx , @Nouweland, @Murasaki, @ewitte, @Sigurd, @yesway, @Avocado Diaboli, @Silviecat44, @TOGSolid, @K4STOR, @Real_PhillBert, @Polderviking, @Scooby Fanfic, @Xiee, @Mrpizzaeater145, @Monkey Dust, @DeerDK, @Holmes108, @xAcid9, @Dedayog, @Levent, @Eigenvektor, @Tan3l6, @Hinjima

there have been since i written this post a few leaks. and while i myself avoided any story related things i have read and heard things related to gameplay and first impressions. I have also seen some screenshots and read the achievement list.
things ive heard:
and dont worry spoiler free.

some reviewers have played it already thanks to their preview keys. and have said that they encountered no bugs in their 15+ hours of playing it. and that they enjoy it a lot. and that they expect it will be a banger.
others have also stated that if you watched avatar (not the element benders but blue guys) it feels a lot like that on the different planets. thus if you liked those movies for their visual amazingness you will probably also be amazed at the different planets and how it wil feel.

i have also heard many things about the gameplay, most have stated they it is the most polished game they have played from bethesda by far especially in the gameplay elements where loads of things are very detailed. and even to the point where you do need to actually hear what npcs have to say to you and read certain things in order to understand what you have to do. thus a lot less here look at your compass there is a direct indication of where you need to go and where an item is. but more go do it yourself. 

the screenshots i have seen look pretty detailed and good for a bethesda game. which i expect many of us want. i expect many of you dont expect extreme detailed graphics but at least much better than previous titles and it seems we will be getting that. if you want to see a picture i will post one of a location that doesnt show much. besides a building name. see it or dont. 🙂 not sure about the resolution of the gameplay or settings though.

Reveal hidden contents

SPOILER_dlrivr15n7jb1.png

and i have heard some performance statements. of course take it with a massive pile of doubt

approximately 45 fps at 4k max settings (not sure about fsr being enabled) with a 4070. so perf wise if this is true it sounds like it will be performing pretty decently.
And the game launches on version 1.6 something. thus it has seen very many bug fixes and optimization's.

Thanks for the summary. 

I heard that Bethesda aimed for a way earlier release but Microsoft basically handed them a bugspray and some polish cream and told them to take their time. 

mITX is awesome! I regret nothing (apart from when picking parts or have to do maintainance *cough*cough*)

2 hours ago, DeerDK said:

Thanks for the summary. 

I heard that Bethesda aimed for a way earlier release but Microsoft basically handed them a bugspray and some polish cream and told them to take their time. 

they sure did. planned to release earlier but i believe before buying them microsoft saw starfield when they got to visit bethesda. and after that the delay came by a year. and then later a bit more. So yeah they basically said "heres a big bag of cash take your time".

PC: 
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac              (motherboard)      |    (Gpu)             ASRock Radeon RX 6950 XT Phantom Gaming D 16G

ryzen 7 5800X3D                                          (cpu)                |    (Monitor)        2560x1440 144hz (lg 32gk650f)
Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 A-RGB           (cpu cooler)         |     (Psu)             seasonic focus plus gold 850w
Cooler Master MasterBox MB511 RGB    (PCcase)              |    (Memory)       Kingston Fury Beast 32GB (16x2) DDR4 @ 3.600MHz

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum                       (keyboard)            |    (mouse)         Razer Viper Ultimate

As a huge Elder Scrolls fan, I'm very curious, but afraid they've bitten off too much to do properly and cohesively. I'm very afraid they're going to drop the ball with graphics and animations. It definitely feels like I should be excited, but Baldur's Gate 3 has satiated my gaming itch for now.

As a rule, I don't preorder, but I am very excited for this one.  I won't play on launch, but as long as reviews are decent I'll snag it.

Current system - 13600k i5, Arc a750, 64 GB 3600 RAM, 760 mATX board, dual 2 TB NVME drives.

Now that every corner of the internet is reporting on Starfield I seem actually being excited. YT is filled with Starfield pre-content.

I hope Starfield is as good as Witcher 3.

I edit my posts more often than not

On 8/22/2023 at 7:00 AM, Tan3l6 said:

Now that every corner of the internet is reporting on Starfield I seem actually being excited. YT is filled with Starfield pre-content.

I hope Starfield is as good as Witcher 3.

I have to admit, the more information that comes out, the more excited I'm getting for Starfield. 

The Ship and base customization looks awesome.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

On 8/22/2023 at 8:00 PM, Tan3l6 said:

I hope Starfield is as good as Skyrim

FTFY. 
🏃💨

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Just now, xAcid9 said:

FTFY. 
🏃💨

No.

"I hope Starfield is good"

Now it's fixed.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

8 minutes ago, Dedayog said:

No.

"I hope Starfield is good"

Now it's fixed.

I'll be good because you can pre-order Starfield DLC before the base game even release. That's how confident they're. 🤯

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I have to admit, the more information that comes out, the more excited I'm getting for Starfield. 

The Ship and base customization looks awesome.

Yeah, same - the more info and the closer the launch the more I'm getting excited.  Only 2 weeks left for most. Some can play it already next week.

It's a Bethesda game.

It will be Bugtropolis and Lietown.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

8 minutes ago, mMontana said:

It's a Bethesda game.

And yet still a genuine 9/10 at least.

It's a sink or swim situation.

If they won't swin, Bethesda (not the whole company) as we know it will sink.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

The vanilla game? Not so excited.

Mods for Starfield like mods for Skyrim? Now we're talking. Including...those kinds of mods.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11a/b/g/n PCIe x1 Wifi adapter
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

It is very concerning and a big red flag to me that the release is less than 2 weeks away, and at this point and the only gameplay we have seen are short clips edited together.

Refunded the previous 70€ "standard edition"  and ordered 100€ "early access" edition.

I guess I'm hyped now. 

Strange that the first day "expansion" is not included in the "standard edition".

1 hour ago, Tan3l6 said:

Refunded the previous 70€ "standard edition"  and ordered 100€ "early access" edition.

I guess I'm hyped now. 

Strange that the first day "expansion" is not included in the "standard edition".

Then it wouldn't be an expansion?

But yeah, I am curious exactly what it entails. The majority of the reason I went with the premium was the early access, but the additional single player content did tip the scales a bit, since I don't really care about skins or gear, etc... 

But is this several hours of a storyline, or just a handful of fetch quests? I'm curious.

2 minutes ago, Holmes108 said:

Then it wouldn't be an expansion?

Yeah, the realease is heavy on "suspense" or "hype" if you will. Yet all preliminary signs seem to indicate the game will be really good.

And yeah, having an "expansion" in the release seems dubious.

Just now, Tan3l6 said:

Yeah, the realease is heavy on "suspense" or "hype" if you will. Yet all preliminary signs seem to indicate the game will be really good.

Yes, even though it's embargoed, the fact they gave out early copies and impressions seem good is very promising indeed. We do need to manage our expectations though... not because of anything bad about the game. Just because they can get to a point that no game could satisfy, lol.

I'd normally never pay extra for a few days early access, but BGS franchises are some of my favorites, and the real kicker was that it moved the release day from a Tues to a Friday (Thursday really), and on a long weekend to boot! Then throw in some mission stuff. So I couldn't say no.

They got me.

I absolutely can not wait for Starfield. F03 and FONV are two of my fav games of all time and I have played through those games like 10x. If starfield is as good as those I imagine I will sink hundreds or even thousands of hours into it over the coming months and years. I'm getting it when it comes out.

I am excited to try it, since I've enjoyed most of their RPG's I've played.

That being said, I am going to wait for reviews until I actually buy it. I will probably subscribe to game pass until I finish it. I am cautiously optimistic. It is probably NOT going to live up to the hype, but I think it will be just a good, enjoyable RPG.

What do you guys think about the release date? I think it is beyond ridiculous that they release it LATER for people who ONLY spend 70 bucks. Yes, that's right, they are releasing it on sept 1st, and you are being punished for not spending ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. (I refuse to call it "early access", its the actual release date). The fact that they call sept 6 "day one" is beyond ridiculous. Its day 6.

I hate when companies do this. EA has had a habit of doing the same for Battlefield releases. Just shameful. 

20 hours ago, Holmes108 said:

I'd normally never pay extra for a few days early access, but BGS franchises are some of my favorites, and the real kicker was that it moved the release day from a Tues to a Friday (Thursday really), and on a long weekend to boot! Then throw in some mission stuff. So I couldn't say no.

They got me.

Don't you feel dirty now though?

On 8/23/2023 at 4:53 PM, mMontana said:

It's a Bethesda game.

It will be buggy for sure. I just hope they've learned their lesson with Fallout 76 and not straight up told lies about what you can expect. They did say something like "limitless exploration" and then it turned out that the planets are smaller instances. But the term limitless exploration is a vague one...

On 8/27/2023 at 9:12 PM, darwin006 said:

It is very concerning and a big red flag to me that the release is less than 2 weeks away, and at this point and the only gameplay we have seen are short clips edited together.

True, but isn't this the case for every game? Do a lot of games release unedited long gameplay videos before release?

20 minutes ago, maartendc said:

I just hope they've learned their lesson with Fallout 76 and not straight up told lies about what you can expect.

Yeah sure. Bet on that.

glad its on game pass and look forward to it, but i've played enough bethesda games to have realistic expectations. 

4 hours ago, maartendc said:

Don't you feel dirty now though?

Nah, I have enough self control that either it's worth it to me, or it's not. If it wasn't, I wouldn't have paid.  No regrets, and excited for the coming weekend.