Noctua sell out

Col

I do enjoy noctuas colors but either way noctua still has them as their high end enthusiast line...

Real enthusiasts dont care what color it is they get it based on performance and make it work with their build if it what they really want.

I never said they did care, but I said "most" enthusiasts care about colour.  Allot of people want to make their their rigs looks good.  Me being one of them, sure the colour, ill take it because it is good but I would greatly prefer a black fan over a cream and brown one. 

I never said they did care, but I said "most" enthusiasts care about colour. Allot of people want to make their their rigs looks good. Me being one of them, sure the colour, ill take it because it is good but I would greatly prefer a black fan over a cream and brown one.

Then make them look the way you want them. I know the enthusiast community is getting wattered down but damn. Ive been noticing this for sometime but when linus mentioned the thing about the 900D being too easy and there only be one or two good ways it really hit home.

The more you can buy looks and stuff like that the more cookie cutter it becomes and you might as well have just bought it from a boutique pc shop since itll look the same. How have people not yet gotten sick of the same old black and red etc.

I also cant believe how much companies make by selling you stuff that matches or will easily match theme. Most of the time you usually get a worse product out of it since you buying looks. This is also because they are targeting the gamer market more since its larger bit full of generally less experienced people when it comes to pcs.

Then make them look the way you want them. I know the enthusiast community is getting wattered down but damn. Ive been noticing this for sometime but when linus mentioned the thing about the 900D being too easy and there only be one or two good ways it really hit home. The more you can buy looks and stuff like that the more cookie cutter it becomes and you might as well have just bought it from a boutique pc shop since itll look the same. How have people not yet gotten sick of the same old black and red etc. I also cant believe how much companies make by selling you stuff that matches or will easily match theme. Most of the time you usually get a worse product out of it since you buying looks. This is also because they are targeting the gamer market more since its larger bit full of generally less experienced people when it comes to pcs.

I completley understand.  I as well as many other enthusiasts will buy Noctua fans over for example Corsair fans because of the performance, quality and noise levels.  But having great looks is a plus, and I never said anyone would go out and get a black fan over a better ugly one just for looks.  I said having a black fan is a plus.  The New Noctua fans looks good, I purposely held off buying a Noctua fan, I'm waiting for these to come out :D 

I don't think they are sellouts because they are meeting demands.

But they never replace my Silverstones... unless they do black and white checkers

Are you forgetting Noctua is a business and the whole reason for a business existing is to make money? Look at how many people are saying "i'll actually buy noctua now" they are going to make loads of money, it was a smart move by noctua, you can't blame them and call them sell outs, however I do see where you are coming from as being part of the 'noctua elite group' is going to be less special now.  

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

Aren't the black fans industrial grade like 3,000 RPM ?  I'm failing to see how any normal user will buy them..

Not to mention their site says 35$ MSRP. lol

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Aren't the black fans industrial grade like 3,000 RPM ? I'm failing to see how any normal user will buy them..

I would and just them down when my missus is home as she complains about the noise of my pc

I would and just them down when my missus is home as she complains about the noise of my pc

Why on earth would you spend 35$ on a fan when there's better options for half the price? >.>

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Here is few links that clear things out:

Here's noctuas article about the two new cooler product lines

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=news_list&news_id=93

And here is graph showing differences between products

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=noctua_product_lines

Sorry, english ain't perfect

And that's why I'm still gonna buy them beige ones, even if I think they look like poop. I'll find a way to hide them... maybe a Redux one for the back.

Why on earth would you spend 35$ on a fan when there's better options for half the price? >.>

1. No one else will have them

2. Because someone has to take the dive and see if they are worth it

3. They look nice

4. Sometimes you've just got to rebel

5. 4upenu5u.jpg

6. I get drunk a lot and buy stuff my brain would say no

7. What's stopping me

8. I like things cold

9. My pc lives in a cabinet and would make a good intake fan

And that's why I'm still gonna buy them beige ones, even if I think they look like poop. I'll find a way to hide them... maybe a Redux one for the back.

wear them like a badge of honor my friend, no need to hide them!

I would buy noctua in spite of the color not for it...they make great fans now I'm glad they have colors that don't make me want to vomit

the thing with OG noctua colors is....if you vomit on them, it'll blend in better than a regular black fan.  if that is not function over form, i don't know what is.

i can't believe i have to say 'OG'(original) now :/

the thing with OG noctua colors is....if you vomit on them, it'll blend in better than a regular black fan.  if that is not function over form, i don't know what is.

i can't believe i have to say 'OG'(original) now :/

the measure of function right there... lol!

Aren't the black fans industrial grade like 3,000 RPM ?  I'm failing to see how any normal user will buy them..

they are designed for servers not consumers industrial as in industrial use.

The grays are the cheap versions, the blacks are server/no compromises on cooling. they didn't "add" colors or take any away. they made NEW fan lines that are for different uses and are colored different to show that they are different.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

The OP apparently is looking into this WAY TOO DEEPLY THAN NECESSARY.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Frankly I would never buy a noctua fan no matter how good because of their color alone. This move just brings their fans to a wider audience and can only be seen as a good thing in my point of view.

As long as they are quiet push air they will still sell. Saying noctua is selling out because they changed to black fans is like saying Ferrari is selling out because they sell a blue Ferrari in place of the well known red. Black fans will only help them they got their name on quality,acoustic (and being ugly) so all black will only help them.

Will people now move away from Noctua fans now they have sold out with the introduction of black boring fans ?

I rephrase your question as : "will people now move away from Noctua fans, now that they are making fans that are 50% to 100% more performing than their last ones ?  Oh and they are black btw..."

The answer is no

Spoiler

they are designed for servers not consumers industrial as in industrial use.

The grays are the cheap versions, the blacks are server/no compromises on cooling. they didn't "add" colors or take any away. they made NEW fan lines that are for different uses and are colored different to show that they are different.

correct

The OP apparently is looking into this WAY TOO DEEPLY THAN NECESSARY.

i would have to agree

lol I started a great thread , Noctua sold out 100% 

hey they only fans , I was trolling  :D