Metro: Last Light. Charges $5 for 'The way it meant to be played' DLC.

GoodBytes

Metro: Last Light, hard mode, which the dev studio calls 'The way it meant to be played', is only available for pre-order, or you have to pay 5$ to get it.

Not a timed exclusive.

213_crop1099x434.jpg?12345678

What an amazing way to punish people which buys the game, and it's fan.

What do you think? Is this the way the next wave of DLC to expect games.. where to play the games the way it was designed you need to pay extra?

Source1: http://angryjoeshow.com/2013/05/angry-rant-metro-charges/

Source2: http://enterthemetro.com/us/

Omg. If this "pay more for more options" trend continues we'll soon have a fps game with no guns and you have to buy them separately...

Intel i7-870  //  MSI GTX 670 PE       ///       Intel i7-4500U  //  GT720M

Completely agree with Angry Joe. I'm not buying that game, unless Steam sale.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

I was sitting on the fence wondering if I should buy this game on release, or even pre-ordering it, but after seeing this, I'd not get the game on principle. Mind you, I don't play Ranger Mode as I'd found normal mode to be challenging enough.....so, I'll join hands with my fellow gamers and boycott this game.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

It was the same for Metro 2033 on XBOX I believe. For ranger modes you needed to pay 300 MSP.

It is BS, but nearly every 'launch DLC' is.

I already pre-ordered my copy but still, Metro 2033 had that for free. Hopefully the game is good enough for a lot of people to justify getting the "Hard Mode DLC".

That's pretty shady. Pay extra for a game mode? not even unique in-game item? or a sound track?

I'm not down with that.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

This will just encourage people to pirate the game, I fear

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

what about people who get it with there graphics cards?

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Yeah I saw the video yesterday. It's a pretty good video by Angry Joe. This is just stupid from the developer. Why would I preorder a game when it's so easy to get scamed nowadays with preorders (Aliens: CM).

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Intentionally didn't preorder this one due to past bad experience (A:CM) and now they want extra 5$ for what should really be a part of the game? Thanks I'll pass.

Now, unless I get it bundled with a graphics card I won't play this legitimately, thanks for saving me 55 euros. 

What I really don't understand is: do they live in a separate universe? how come they don't get that this is definitely a bad PR move and will piss off paying customers, while people who go to TPB will get the same game, for free, with all the features enabled by default. 

I love how EA has become a verb (with a negative connotation) in recent gaming history. I am pretty disappointed with this DLC, but seeing as I got this game for free with my GTX 670 I can't really complain. I was a huge fan of Metro: 2033 and I am replaying it right now on Ranger Hardcore. Like Angry Joe mentions, they should have put other content as DLC rather than an essential game mode.

The amount of horrible marketing (All the crappy trailers) and and EA style pre-order bonus' are really putting me off this game...

System specs
  • Graphics card: Asus GTX 980 Ti (Temp target: 60c, fan speed: slow as hell)
  • CPU: Intel 6700k @ 4.2Ghz
  • CPU Heatsink: ThermalRight Silver Arrow Extreme
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus Viii Gene
  • Ram: 8GB of DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
  • Headphone source: O2 + Odac 
  • Mic input: Creative X-Fi Titanium HD
  • Case: Fractal Design Arc midi R2
  • Boot Drive: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 
  • Storage: Seagate SSHD 2TB
  • PSU: Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 550w

Peripherals

• Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q
  • Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma (16.5 inch/360)
  • Mouse surface: Mionix Sargas 900
  • Tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen
  • Keyboard: Filco Majestouch Ninja, MX Brown, Ten Keyless 
  • Headphones: AKG K7xx
  • IEMs: BrainWavs S1

This has been known for months. I tweeted them a while back.

ppppr.png

People here doesn't know about it, and I didn't know about it.

People here doesn't know about it, and I didn't know about it.

Seems kinda weird how it's exploding up now when it's been known for months. Wonder if this started blowing up because of PCGamer. Maybe it's because of the advertising now.

It's okay you and many others didn't know, but I'm a huge Metro fan and I'm not buying the game till it's $30 or less, kinda funny how Joe said the same thing as I have said with "50% off" lol.

I completely agree with this ranter, What a bunch of BS, Last Light Makers (Shaking my head)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Seems kinda weird how it's exploding up now when it's been known for months. Wonder if this started blowing up because of PCGamer. Maybe it's because of the advertising now.

It's okay you and many others didn't know, but I'm a huge Metro fan and I'm not buying the game till it's $30 or less, kinda funny how Joe said the same thing as I have said with "50% off" lol.

Yeah I also knew this before but it kind of exploded againg thanks to the Angry Joe video. 

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

My god, I had seen some people making jokes about half of a game is released on release date and the other half is released in DLC. I never had an issue with DLC, as some of it was genuinely content that wasn't planned on release. But this is a step too far, paying for a hard mode!? That is taking advantages of fans of their games. 

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

The problem with this, is that people BUY.

If Last Light sales well.. I can guaranty you, that this will be the norm, like DLC.

So far, the only DLC I have seen, that is actually a game extension pack in the recent times, and not game content removed to be sold separately, is Nintendo DLC, where you can see the devs of the DLC were having a blast making the content, as you have a huge amount, and the price is bargain for what you get, compared to the rest of the industry. Tip of the hat to Nintendo, I hope they continue and show example (but mmaaan Nintendo, you should get a new marketing team, asap! Smart move for acknologing the issues of the WiiU and coming to this E3, but not doing a large scale press conference.. anyway, this is off topic).