3D Printing, 1st layer irregularities (PLA)

Senzelian
Go to solution Solved by Levent,

That can be caused by two things, inconsistent extrusion or bed being warped. Second picture shows there is too much material or nozzle is too close to the bed.

I've been playing around with ePLA (eSUN) quite a bit in recent days and have (hopefully) finally figured out the issues I had with bed adhesion.

Now I've come across a new issue which is a little less noticeable than the entire print lifting off the bed.

The print started out pretty well (see 1. picture) but the later I've notices that some excess material would collect on the nozzle and then end up on the print and stick to it (see 2. picture)

I assume it's because the bed isn't perfectly level. But I wonder if this is caused by it being too high or too low on that corner.

(btw. keep in mind this looks a whole lot worse in the picture than in person. the makro mode of my Pixel 7 really brings out the detail)

Picture 1

PXL_20230728_150737183.thumb.jpg.dae1a864b7f6e53a566db73d28ff2e77.jpg

Picture 2

PXL_20230728_150730127.thumb.jpg.796f10685cf39cce34f26bea1e32142d.jpg

That can be caused by two things, inconsistent extrusion or bed being warped. Second picture shows there is too much material or nozzle is too close to the bed.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

I just changed the entire hot end (including the nozzle), so probably it's the bed then.

The moment I fumbled around with the bottom left bed screw and lowered the bed it seemed to have gotten better. 

Your comment confirmed my suspicion. Thanks!