I'm Clearly Out of Touch - Roku Plus Series TV Review

Plouffe

If you already have a Roku account, should you skip the middle man and buy a Roku TV? The Plus Series QLEDs might have just found the right price bracket if you're looking for an upgrade.

Buy a Roku 55R6A5R 55" 4K QLED Smart RokuTV: https://lmg.gg/UQodW

Buy a Roku Ultra 4K Streaming Device: https://geni.us/tPDCNvQ

Buy a TCL 55R646 55" 4K Mini-LED QLED UHD Smart Google TV: https://lmg.gg/z9BPA

Buy a Samsung S95B 55" 4K OLED Smart TV: https://lmg.gg/BTETZ

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Roku OLED would be such a huge irony to this gag. I agreed with Linus, Roku should send it against Tizen and TvOS.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

knowing that tv OS's are going to get worse than they already are with bloated ads or spyware.

It's great to have some cheaper and less "big brand money maker for the investors lol" on the market. But as shown with mira cast (RIP) or chromcast devices in the other LTT video, filled with malware? Also how come so many TV's have such horrible system to them and tech specs. Be it the HDMI 2.1 but not quite 2.1. G-sync, HDR options, and a bunch of other stuff.

although the account needed sort of sucks, more so if it's not clearly said in the page that you NEED to do so. but could be fine for logging onto other tvs? maybe and to some of the performance issues if they exists on higher end models too?

Linus constantly featuring Best Buy's site in these videos should have him try the store's brand tvs, considering they are really cheap, strictly 1080p, no built in operating systems, and are allegedly previous gen's LG panels.

Does anyone know where they get their sample footage? Like that scene of a Japanese level crossing?

I assume Roku is mainly popular in North America? Because I rarely ever hear about them and I have never actually seen anyone use one. They are being sold here, however no Roku TVs as of yet. They do look promising however.

Then again, maybe I'm also just out of touch because I still use either an Xbox One S or a HTPC for media playback on my TV (both physical and streaming). The TV does run Android but the SOC is crap and so it's slow as hell and some apps (like Twitch) barely even work, so I just never even touch that.

Meanwhile in 2024: Ivy Bridge-E has finally retired from gaming (but is still not dead).

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X; 64GB DDR5-6000; Radeon RX 6800XT Reference / Server: Intel Xeon 1680V2; 64GB DDR3-1600 ECC / Laptop:  Dell Precision 5540; Intel Core i7-9850H; NVIDIA Quadro T1000 4GB; 32GB DDR4

Sun-lit rooms can easily be solved with curtains or blinds...

Is the 'Roku TV' brand exclusive to Best Buy? 

Wait, supporting all HDR standards is illegal in Korea?

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy