is it just me or is firefox turning into chrome?

hey guys i just got the new firefox update and well it looks like chrome.

the tabs look the same

options are on the right with similar icon

what are your opinions on this?

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Chrome is the best browser. If you cant beat them join them!  :lol:

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I don't mind.

It's aesthetically like Chrome, but better... (And I was really close to switching to Chrome a week ago.)

two words: customizable ui

Tried it out for 2 days, lags heaps while chrome runs fine for me, so chrome it is

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Oh my God, I LOVE this. I wish I could move the refresh thing and the bookmarks things to where there were in 28.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

One word, RAM.

HAH

only poor people run out of ram :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Aesthetically, Firefox with FT Deep Dark. However Firefox lags a lot for me when changing tabs sometimes and lags other times. That's why i'm stuck with chrome.

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

It's like Chrome, but with a more effective adblock, more extensions and the lack of endless instances of chrome.exe cluttering task manager.

Aesthetically, Firefox with FT Deep Dark. However Firefox lags a lot for me when changing tabs sometimes and lags other times. That's why i'm stuck with chrome.

You have a nice system, maybe you have a corrupted profile or extension causing an issue? :S

I like Chrome more on desktop.

However, on Android...Google has this genius bug when you use Chrome which taps power the 'Sandboxed process' it's called. Taps more power BESIDES the normal Chrome app(which you use)

And Google still hasn't fixed it, it has been months now.

EDIT: testing Chrome now, maybe the bug is gone....

EDIT: nope nope.... 3% battery used by Chrome itself. The bug process is 4%... -_- bravo google,

It's like Chrome, but with a more effective adblock, more extensions and the lack of endless instances of chrome.exe cluttering task manager.

You have a nice system, maybe you have a corrupted profile or extension causing an issue? :S

Don't forget about:config and the wonderful GUI customization.

One word, RAM.

One word, Security.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

One word, Security.

Ten words, IE beats (or beat in 2011) both in that area.

i'm a potato

yeah but who uses IE.. pfft unless you are in a work domain its just not worth it.

Thats like saying Windows 7 has more vulnerability than XP at the moment (and it does)

yeah but who uses IE.. pfft unless you are in a work domain its just not worth it.

Thats like saying Windows 7 has more vulnerability than XP at the moment (and it does)

Linus uses IE on WAN show and it's AMAZING!!! /sarcasm

i'm a potato

How secure IE was 3 years ago is pretty irrelevant.

I kind of like the new firefox theme. The customizability is great, very easy to use feature, so you're not stuck with the fixed UI on most other browsers.

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

Chrome is by far the most secure browser I have ever used. I have tested it against several different methods that still work in other browsers today. Now I am not saying it is the most secure browser in the world, but it's definitely more secure in general compared to other browsers.

And privacy, do not forget privacy.

Chrome collects only search keywords and them types of things in order to help you the consumer have a better experience. By default Chrome doesn't do this, you have to enable it in the settings.

Chrome is by far the most secure browser I have ever used. I have tested it against several different methods that still work in other browsers today. Now I am not saying it is the most secure browser in the world, but it's definitely more secure in general compared to other browsers.

Care to share what you have tested?

By the way, chrome SSL certificate validation is a joke.

Signatures are stupid.

Care to share what you have tested?

By the way, chrome SSL certificate validation is a joke.

The testing I conducted was a year or two ago and I never kept logs. I wouldn't share them if I did anyways as this isn't a hack forum. I was only testing browsers to ensure the security of myself, particularly Firefox and Chrome. As I was making the switch from Firefox to Chrome. Tho you would be surprised as to what kind of simple and stupid stuff other browsers tend to be vulnerable to. For example most browsers still allow JavaScript to execute as many times as it wants. You can bomb Firefox (you use to be able to, not sure anymore) with alert() and effectively crash the entire browser (or PC).

One word, RAM.

just get enough...

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG