Off Topic Chit Chat

I dislike how google/quora like chatgpt has become

Ask a random question, either is censured, or suggest random "professionals" or a pile of no sense that I don't give a shit about, as if they need to place ads between text

6 hours ago, 12345678 said:

Ask a random question, either is censured, or suggest random "professionals" or a pile of no sense that I don't give a shit about, as if they need to place ads between text

Makes me wish for the return of forums and email discussion groups sometimes whenever that happens.

some how. amazon manage to screw up 1 item i order. 3 times.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

*angry rant incoming*

New hire pushed my buttons today. I have lost all faith and trust in him. If he doesnt quit in the next 2 weeks I am definitely going to ask HR to fire him (I dont even give a shit if this would mean 2 days of changing passwords in my stupidly heavy schedule).

I work 8 hours on the clock and 4 hours off the clock (and a day every weekend) so that I can deal with the massive workload I got on me. I barely have time to even call my friends let alone meet them. I know I am over working myself but this is a great opportunity for me to learn and gain experience so I am trying my hardest. I am doing everything by myself. Nobody was there to help other than google results and occasional chatgpt explanations. Nobody held my hand so that I could learn, so that I could call myself my work title.

This fucking guy does nothing to learn, always expects me to point him to something, even the most basic things are always half-assed. When there is a problem, first instinct is to call me, not to google the problem or ask the fucking chatGPT. You are literally hired to learn and gain experience, not to wait for someone to teach you.

If you are dumb enough to not even google "what does X do", or "what are the most sought after qualifications X would need" then you have no place in this line of work.

EARN YOUR TITLE.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

50 minutes ago, Levent said:

*angry rant incoming*

New hire pushed my buttons today. I have lost all faith and trust in him. If he doesnt quit in the next 2 weeks I am definitely going to ask HR to fire him (I dont even give a shit if this would mean 2 days of changing passwords in my stupidly heavy schedule).

I work 8 hours on the clock and 4 hours off the clock (and a day every weekend) so that I can deal with the massive workload I got on me. I barely have time to even call my friends let alone meet them. I know I am over working myself but this is a great opportunity for me to learn and gain experience so I am trying my hardest. I am doing everything by myself. Nobody was there to help other than google results and occasional chatgpt explanations. Nobody held my hand so that I could learn, so that I could call myself my work title.

This fucking guy does nothing to learn, always expects me to point him to something, even the most basic things are always half-assed. When there is a problem, first instinct is to call me, not to google the problem or ask the fucking chatGPT. You are literally hired to learn and gain experience, not to wait for someone to teach you.

If you are dumb enough to not even google "what does X do", or "what are the most sought after qualifications X would need" then you have no place in this line of work.

EARN YOUR TITLE.

Show him the half ass he's not using and tell him to start full assing his job or you'll take it to HR.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

1 hour ago, Levent said:

*angry rant incoming*

EARN YOUR TITLE.

Had someone like this in my team a few months ago. Despite me teaching him all the ropes, explaining and re-explaining how stuff works, he still manages to fvck up things. Complained to my manager about him and after seeing that our team's productivity was being dragged down because of him, he got transferred to another department that had easier tasks. I'm surprised he wasn't fired then and there considering the crap he pulled when he was still in my department.

The deep blue sky is infinitely high and crystal clear.

私はオタクではありません。

41 minutes ago, Agall said:

Show him the half ass he's not using and tell him to start full assing his job or you'll take it to HR.

I am not the one for threats. I straight up tell to his face things that needs changing or things he does wrong. He just acts like a butthurt egomaniac, attempting to reduce the effects of his half assing. Today he claimed that I am not a good teammate while 2 other teams that I work with day in day out have nothing but good things to say about me and the work I am putting in.

I have motto, don’t do things you wouldn’t want others to do to you. I would not go out of my way to shit on anyone, I would not attempt to get anyone kicked out of their livelihood whatever they have done (this guy has something coming to him though)

28 minutes ago, Xiee said:

Had someone like this in my team a few months ago. Despite me teaching him all the ropes, explaining and re-explaining how stuff works, he still manages to fvck up things. Complained to my manager about him and after seeing that our team's productivity was being dragged down because of him, he got transferred to another department that had easier tasks. I'm surprised he wasn't fired then and there considering the crap he pulled when he was still in my department.

The guy in question doesn’t qualify for anything else in the company. He has way too little experience and the ones he has are way too irrelevant. 

I specifically told the HR to hire someone with experience and for the second time all I got is the village idiot who thinks “servers are cool” so that means they want to be a sysadmin.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

I am not the one for threats. I straight up tell to his face things that needs changing or things he does wrong. He just acts like a butthurt egomaniac, attempting to reduce the effects of his half assing. Today he claimed that I am not a good teammate while 2 other teams that I work with day in day out have nothing but good things to say about me and the work I am putting in.

I have motto, don’t do things you wouldn’t want others to do to you. I would not go out of my way to shit on anyone, I would not attempt to get anyone kicked out of their livelihood whatever they have done. 

The guy in question doesn’t qualify for anything else in the company. He has way too little experience and the ones he has are way too irrelevant. 

I specifically told the HR to hire someone with experience and for the second time all I got is the village idiot who thinks “servers are cool” so that means they want to be a sysadmin.

I don't think anyone unwilling to self teach and figure things out will succeed in the field. Its an ever evolving path that has no place for stagnation, unwillingness to seek answers yourself, or an inability to adapt.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

Loner rant incoming

bruh I hate being the only person in my circle that really understands computers and server hardware etc… when trying to make a hard purchase or decision or troubleshoot I literally have spend 2x the amount of time to explain to the fiance why it’s a problem then what the problem is just so I can get it out but it’s not like she is gonna recommend anything. I usually talk to my boss about these things but I don’t really like texting him outside of normal hours. I literally just need more friends to bounce ideas off of and hit up with a random “what option do you think would be better because I’m bout ready to make a pros and cons list” ig if you made it down here hmu if you wanna be friends😂👉🏻👈🏻 

Any of you guys seen the 

Linus Tech Tips - Fly Me To The Moon (AI Cover) on youtube?

Christ that's funny though it's far from perfect 

On 7/21/2023 at 12:51 PM, 12345678 said:

Most of the time I just try and ask something that you could Google, I get that like suggestion shit and it drives me away from ChatGPT quickly.

8 hours ago, 4uff1n said:

Most of the time I just try and ask something that you could Google, I get that like suggestion shit and it drives me away from ChatGPT quickly.

If only that ChatGPT had access to everything, it is only isolated to events before 2021. Imagine if ChatGPT knew everything about you? 

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Brroooooo spiders are the only web developers that enjoy finding bugs.

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

On 7/27/2023 at 12:40 AM, Levent said:

I have motto, don’t do things you wouldn’t want others to do to you. I would not go out of my way to shit on anyone, I would not attempt to get anyone kicked out of their livelihood whatever they have done (this guy has something coming to him though)

Update on this.

This guy avoids talking to me (which is a good thing lol). He has to get shit done through me so he had to get a intermediary (a teammate) to get me to pass him some of the credentials he needs. He then proceeds to install a very very simple server half assed in our devops pipeline machine (instead of creating a VM like one normally would) then says "you can configure on the localhost" lol...

(PS: the thing I wanted/teammate wanted him to install is a 20 second command through docker, hard part was always the configuration and yet here we are...)

Best part is, management forced my hand to give this guy admin credentials on most of the company stuff. So anyways, I let HR know about this egomania fueled act and told them he is not going to work out with that attidute whatever he does.

Why is this post marked for evaluation now lol?

Edited by Levent
Fine I’ll delete the word

Did you know that internet safety videos are on the internet? (Stupid fact)

I like computers. And watching them blow up while playing GTA 5. Remember to update to Windows 11! 😁 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Forum Member Definition:

A person who participates on an internet forum. Also called a forumite. So why does the word forumite remind me of a species of mites?

Lmao company is not firing the dimwit because his brother is at an important position in one of our business partners. 

So that’s means I am absolutely fucked. 

I am back to pulling quadruple duty. On top of that busiest time of the year  is just around the corner. I have to deal with legal compliance stuff, whole lot of paperwork and whole lot of technical changes are in order.

I have simply cut all communication with this guy, straight up rejected working with him and started doing the tasks he supposed to do myself. Meanwhile this SoB is saying he is free and willing to help at daily meetings. Best part is, I have made a sheet of tasks that are needed to be completed before end of this year and showed this list to this fucker many many times. He still has access to that file yet since these tasks are way above his single brain cell can handle, he simply decides ignore them because nobody is teaching him how to.

If I don’t get the raise I am looking for, I am going to jump ship asap. If I get less than 60%, I’ll request an emergency meeting with HR, if it’s less than 40% I’m sending my resignation on the spot. 

PSA: I am doing the work of 4 individuals plus a brain dead meatsack. 

Ah I wasted my life over "arguing" with idiots, trying to not feel void, but failing to not feel void

I feel like shit, I have nothing, and wasted my life 

I hate annoying people.

Forum Member

Spoiler

Forum Member Definition:

I like cats 🐈 

Forum Member

Spoiler

Forum Member Definition:

So was my post just up and deleted from the GPU section? I posted it yesterday and now nothing shows in my history and no notifications. 😕

I was referring to an eGPU? If it was moved or deleted... reason?

40 minutes ago, TheBeezNeez said:

So was my post just up and deleted from the GPU section? I posted it yesterday and now nothing shows in my history and no notifications. 😕

I was referring to an eGPU? If it was moved or deleted... reason?

I've sent you a private message following up, though in future please reach out to any of the moderators from the Staff page.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

What does this say? 

01001110 01101111 01110100 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101001 01101101 01110000 01101111 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 01110100 00101110 00100000 

2 hours ago, OldUser101 said:

What does this say? 

01001110 01101111 01110100 01101000 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101001 01101101 01110000 01101111 01110010 01110100 01100001 01101110 01110100 00101110 00100000 

Zero one zero zero one one one zero
Zero one one zero one one one one
Zero one one one zero one zero zero
Zero one one zero one zero zero zero
Zero one one zero one zero zero one
Zero one one zero one one one zero
Zero one one zero zero one one one
Zero zero one zero zero zero zero zero
Zero one one zero one zero zero one
Zero one one zero one one zero one
Zero one one one zero zero zero zero
Zero one one zero one one one one
Zero one one one zero zero one zero
Zero one one zero zero zero zero one
Zero one one zero one one one zero
Zero zero one zero one one one zero
Zero zero one zero zero zero zero zero

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Finally no more 115F+/46c degree weather and rain forecast all this week

Energetically will I meet enemies of the United States

Just jumping in to make my first post on the forum in over 6 years lol

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.