Off Topic Chit Chat

It's getting colder out there. For those who live in places with below-freezing temps for most of the day, do you wear multiple layers of pants?

20 hours ago, RealBACONATOR2 said:

It's getting colder out there. For those who live in places with below-freezing temps for most of the day, do you wear multiple layers of pants?

yeah? just dress as you see it fit, don't stick to some dress code rule or similar bullshit 

21 hours ago, 12345678 said:

yeah? just dress as you see it fit, don't stick to some dress code rule or similar bullshit 

yeah, dress-codes are for pretentious judging brainless morons. 😄
But then seeing how some dress i can understand it tho.
Put some clothes on yo, its freezing out. 😛

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 hour ago, HanZie82 said:

yeah, dress-codes are for pretentious judging brainless morons. 😄
But then seeing how some dress i can understand it tho.
Put some clothes on yo, its freezing out. 😛

oh well unless you do live in some highly judgemental country, you shouldn't give a shit, dealing with mobs it's not a good experience talking from experience

but since a second pair of pants isn't shown, it shouldn't be an issue anyway, unless people in that country do walk without pants or with skirts of some sort

On 11/18/2022 at 2:06 PM, 8tg said:

The janky iPod battery brought the Zune back to life

and after that the original battery started taking a charge and stopped power looping

My mom got this back when the Zune was brand new using Microsoft live games points, and it’s basically a time capsule of our family pc circa 2007

thousands of songs, photos, etc 

What is the capacity of the storage?

Looks better than the MP4 i had back in the day 😄

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Is Frankenstein's monster a 'zombie' if judged by the conventional horror-story and movie lore?

Is being a 'zombie' dependent on method of creation or is it determined by the behaviour of the formerly-dead?

so there is a woman with some screws losen on her head

who always screams out stuff asking for crap and stuff that just ain't normal 

I go the train, and I saw her, so I get to another vagon to avoid her

after a while she comes in the vagon where I was and sits there,

I didn't care anough since the next stop was my stop, and I feared that she would follow me

and then she starts screaming out if anybody knew where the bathroom was, nobody reply

after a while you she gets out of the wagon and you could smell a smell of shit

oh then maybe she found a bathroom, the next stop was close so...

then she comes back, 

then I get close to the door with other people to get out of the train, and I saw one dude running in another wagon with a funny face, I was like wtf lool

then I saw down in the floor before the train's door a big chunk of diarrhea, that only thinking about I want to puke, and I immediately understood the guy reaction

I got in the other vagon as him to get out of the train

poor the guy who will clean it

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like I don't have any wins (at least ones that are big enough) in my life lately.

I have been doing my best to improve the things in my life. Working out, eating less, reading more, smoking less, attempting to overcome my troubling personality traits but somehow none of it makes me feel any better. I am seeing results of my actions, sure but the idea of doing things for myself is not exactly appealing to me. I feel like I am doing these to impress others and hence why I feel underappreciated.

I know this the typical sign of depression but how do you all cope if you were ever in a similar situation?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

I have been doing my best to improve the things in my life. Working out, eating less, reading more, smoking less, attempting to overcome my troubling personality traits but somehow none of it makes me feel any better. I am seeing results of my actions, sure but the idea of doing things for myself is not exactly appealing to me. I feel like I am doing these to get impress others and hence why I feel underappreciated.

Staying healthy and quitting smoking can be very challenging. Regardless of your motivation for doing so you should still feel the achievement of setting the goal to do those things and successfully following through with them.

If you're feeling like those things didn't make you feel better or improve your situation then perhaps you were expecting the wrong things from making those changes. For example if you really wanted a girlfriend and thought working out more would get you a girlfriend, if you worked out and saw results from working out but were still single then it would be easy to feel disenfranchised since you didn't get the outcome you were hoping for and you may feel that the effort you put in was wasted. You should acknowledge the improvements you've made in their own regard. If you're making these changes to impress others then perhaps what you are really looking for is acceptance, recognition, or simply just friendship?

If you do have some other motivation for making those changes in your life that you haven't achieved yet then don't let that disenfranchise you from continuing with those changes you've already made and the work you've put in. Identify what it actually is you want to be happy and start working towards achieving that. Use the success you've had with the other changes you've made to help inspire you and give you the confidence to continue to improve.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

20 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Staying healthy and quitting smoking can be very challenging.

You are totally right, I sadly went through some rough times in the family and started smoking after not smoking for 6 months to all the way up to a pack a day (currently I managed to get it down to pack a week but still, aim is to quit).

I haven't found a way to deal with my stress other than smoking. Sadly one can't get rid of all their vices at once, especially not when they are feeling bad about themselves.

If you're feeling like those things didn't make you feel better or improve your situation then perhaps you were expecting the wrong things from making those changes. For example if you really wanted a girlfriend and thought working out more would get you a girlfriend, if you worked out and saw results from working out but were still single then it would be easy to feel disenfranchised since you didn't get the outcome you were hoping for and you may feel that the effort you put in was wasted

That is precisely the reason lol. Doing things for myself has never been a concept for me, I never felt like doing something for myself. There is always a bigger, more important reason first. Even with my hobbies that has been the case, I pick up hobbies where I can apply my experiences to work (so that I can earn more) or do things myself to to save money.

Getting up on the scale and seeing gradual improvements, feels fine for a minute or two then it's back to despair.

You should acknowledge the improvements you've made in their own regard. If you're making these changes to impress others then perhaps what you are really looking for is acceptance, recognition, or simply just friendship?

Ah that part is never that simple. What you start with and what you end up sadly rarely match. Yeah, I suspect all I want is for people to notice my personal wins, sadly I don't have friends nearby and in the era of online meetings nobody notices changes unless you shave or dye your hair.

Maybe posting about my progress Instagram/social media might help, I doubt it but I might consider working harder to show more impressive weight losses.

If you do have some other motivation for making those changes in your life that you haven't achieved yet then don't let that disenfranchise you from continuing with those changes you've already made and the work you've put in. Identify what it actually is you want to be happy and start working towards achieving that. Use the success you've had with the other changes you've made to help inspire you and give you the confidence to continue to improve.

Thank you, I rarely say this but that made me feel better.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

28 minutes ago, Levent said:

Ah that part is never that simple. What you start with and what you end up sadly rarely match. Yeah, I suspect all I want is for people to notice my personal wins, sadly I don't have friends nearby and in the era of online meetings nobody notices changes unless you shave or dye your hair.

Maybe posting about my progress Instagram/social media might help, I doubt it but I might consider working harder to show more impressive weight losses.

I would be cautious of seeking gratification from social media. Especially places like Instagram where it pushes content from ultra successful people who may receive thousands or even millions of likes while most people struggle to get noticed by even a few people.

You may be better off working towards improving the relationship with your existing friends or building new friendships. Putting yourself out there and meeting new people can make you feel vulnerable and if you're normally a more introverted person it might even be more challenging than the other things you've already worked on improving but if that is what you are seeking then I'm sure it will also be more fulfilling. The only advice I can give you is you can't expect to find people who will be interested in your accomplishments and give you the gratification you are looking for, but if you find people you connect with and show you have a genuine interest in them then they will naturally reciprocate that with you.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

• 2 weeks later...

I have just joined LTT forums. I am not sure where to post questions that we have in relation to LTT. This seems like a safe place to post it.

I wanted to ask about an old YouTube video which I am unable to find. I don't remember when I watched it. I may have watched it sometime in between 2019 and 2021.

It was Linus building a pc from parts that he bought from Amazon Newegg. He bought each pc component based on it's popularity or Amazon reviews and assembled it. It was not that good of a pc as Amazon reviews are not very reliable.

I am unable to find the video on youtube. It is not the Amazon basics video or the budget pc video. 

Does anyone remember that video or know what happened to it?

Edit: I found the video. It was not Amazon but Newegg. The video is called Herd Mentality PC.

Edited by Everydaycommenter
Update to the post

The swedish creator "Stamsite" wiew LTT more than other creators ("Stamsite" is on top becuse of pruduction checking)

Screenshot 2022-12-26 21.25.27.png

Edited by IWantToBuildComuters

Are forum features behind a paywall or forum achievment?
I can't find a way to quote or @ users, the editor seems too basic, only text. On other forums there are buttons for these kind of actions.

so annoying, you can't say any negative thing about x subject, that you're driven out by an angry mob 

19 hours ago, MrWerew said:

I can't find a way to quote or @ users, the editor seems too basic, only text. On other forums there are buttons for these kind of actions.

What do you mean, if you dont have a rich text editor for this forum there is something wrong.
You can do so many things with said editor.

1. You can change color
  2. Size Size
  3. Font weight (bold and such)
  4. You can even link
  5. Or hide stuff.
Spoiler

Like this nonsense.

Even make nice lists like these.

@12345678 I have said many negative things and never got ganged up upon. So i dont know what you mean.

On 12/30/2022 at 7:05 PM, MrWerew said:

like this?

it might be due to the location, but fast food aren't fast nor cheap, although they are disgusting 

a nasty hamburger does cost 10€ the bread for some reason is sweet, the meat taste like grease, it's filled up with sauces, maybe by trying to cover up the nasty taste, then one leaf of salad, 1/20 of a tomatoes, sometimes some nasty jar food like pickles

the chicken is bareable although it's expensive, they use the least grade meat, usually under a paste like form, and it is still expensive as fuck 

I don't really see the point

although now the menu it's filled with sponsor shit, like the burger of insert random celebrity here

wtf

21 hours ago, 12345678 said:

it might be due to the location, but fast food aren't fast nor cheap, although they are disgusting 

a nasty hamburger does cost 10€ the bread for some reason is sweet, the meat taste like grease, it's filled up with sauces, maybe by trying to cover up the nasty taste, then one leaf of salad, 1/20 of a tomatoes, sometimes some nasty jar food like pickles

the chicken is bareable although it's expensive, they use the least grade meat, usually under a paste like form, and it is still expensive as fuck 

I don't really see the point

although now the menu it's filled with sponsor shit, like the burger of insert random celebrity here

wtf

Make your own.
Not that hard and oh so much better, in taste, quality, price and healthy-ness.

Fast food = early death food.

dumb question

are smartphones designed to break your usb cable faster or am I seeing things that aren't there?

I mean ports are often at the bottom of the phone, where you hold it or use it as support, so the cable will bend and with time it will get damaged

also they prohibit you to turn by 180 degree the phone, because the gui won't also flip

while if it was af the top it wouldn't be damaged, or at least it would be less likely 

Don't you just love wasting 4hours doing nothing but account verification, password reset and can't log in bc need email verification since I haven't log in for a while and my junky outlook never receive that freaking email so I ahve to do multiple times back log in help log and resend code and not get it. Seems I had this kind problem before too with outlook, and OH yeah, fucking catpha or similiar thing over and over ago I must have done it 50 times. And at the end just decide to spend 10 minutes re-create a new account? Time to spend another 4 hours to migrate emails to a new gmail to replace my outlook. Apparently their is no point in having a MS account in outlook since since MS account is separate to outlook. Was just a legacy outlook from the live era. Though I remember more foundly the live era of emails. Anyway, just getting stupid and stupid and spend even more fucking frustrating time to sort all the account out. Hopefully the recovery email cna receive the fucking email.

SIGH 

On 1/11/2023 at 5:48 AM, 12345678 said:

dumb question

are smartphones designed to break your usb cable faster or am I seeing things that aren't there?

I mean ports are often at the bottom of the phone, where you hold it or use it as support, so the cable will bend and with time it will get damaged

also they prohibit you to turn by 180 degree the phone, because the gui won't also flip

while if it was af the top it wouldn't be damaged, or at least it would be less likely 

I have always wondered about this, i have NEVER in my 20 years of owning phones had a charge cable break by the phones charging port.
But i have seen many a cable that has. (more Apple cables then Android tho weirdly enough).

I think its major benefactor is how people treat their cable.
Its not a piece of rope, its a highly engineered piece of hardware with multiple components.
Those components however dont all bend the same, guess thats giving issues on some cables.

Also using the cable on top makes me think it will die very soon as the gravity will pull the cable down and sideways, also putting a lot of tangential forces on the port itself, possibly breaking that too.

But i agree, it should not be this easy to break a charging cable. But then how will a store sell you new ones when your 10 year old cables still work fine?!

ps dumb questions do not exist, just dumb answers and dumb people. 😄

3 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

ps dumb questions do not exist

What about "But how do I do that?" when you explained how to just ten seconds ago?

Trans Rights!
Please tag me or use the "reply" function so I get a notification

I will find your Laptop thread and I will recommend an ITX build instead

Sure would be neat if there was something useful here, eh?