Can I even fix this?

JordB

I work at PostNord as a mailman. 

PostNord is infamous in Sweden as being absolutely awful. A common nickname for the company is "PostMord" which when translated to English means "Postal Murder". 

Still, this seems like an edgecase. Most packages will survive just fine (but I've seen some horrible stuff come to my local terminal from time to time ). I give it a 97% chance this was from the regional distribution centre, not the local terminal. That's were most of the risk lies since packages will get tossed around ALOT there. Worth noting that throwing package like that is policy and the intended way for packages to be handled. The reality of it is that most packages will be fine, that's why we have protective packaging material. Sadly computers has the worst chance of survival being both heavy and fragile which increases the risk of damage dramatically. I'm sorry this happened to you, there should really be a better system for delivering fragile packages but the reality of it is there probably never will be. (at least when it comes to PostNord) 

Some might wonder why PostNord even delivered the package at all when there was so much obvious damage. The reason is that is it company policy to deliver every package that comes through no matter the damage to it. The worst case of that I've seen was probably when I had to deliver a package where everything in it had fallen out of a huge hole in the side, I basically delivered a sheet of cardboard. But again, policy is to deliver everything in any condition, it is up to the recipient to claim a refund. Worth noting that refund should be claimed from the company you bought the product from, not the courier. You as a consumer has never entered a contract with the courier, what has happened is that the contract between you and the reseller has been broken since you received a broken product, therefore you should claim your refund from that company, not the courier. Then the reseller will most likely in turn try to get a refund from PostNord for failing to deliver the package. 

Again, I'm sorry this happened to you. Worst part of it is that there is no way around it, this is how the system works and until that changes this is how it is. 

2 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

I was thinking the same thing after the first minute of the video that the company should have done right and in my mind, makes Shark Gaming look bad as if they denied replacing the busted up computer.

I spoke to them before I even considered the option of sending the PC to LTT, but, they couldn't offer me any good will at all for the amount of damages caused hence I decided to purchase the PC regardless and gamble it by sending it over to LTT - Sharkgaming did approve of my refund right away though so there was no issue with them but this was the best option for me as a customer out of either refunding it or potentially getting an upgrade with a great story to go with it

Edited by Superznova
Wording

6 hours ago, Superznova said:

Thank you very much for this great video and adventure! Cheers to Jake for reaching out and making it happen!

As for people discussing sending it back to sharkgaming - I did reach out to Sharkgaming the coming Monday (Post was made friday night, CS closed until monday morning) and they offered me money back or a new identical PC. I took me 1 week to decide what to do as I thought the offer from LTT was a scam at first. But then I decided to accept it, and what more than an upgraded PC I got a great story to tell my friends and others. I don't think sending it back to Sharkgaming would have been the smarter move here, however I did talk to them and tell them of my intentions of sending it over to LTT and the reasons why.

I do not blame sharkgaming for the PC being broken nor Postnord, shit happens I'm just glad it ended well! Cheers!

Shark Gaming could’ve definitely used some better packaging techniques, and I feel that they should use this experience to improve on that. 

Shit happens. Sometimes though, it’s an opportunity to do something better. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

7 hours ago, Superznova said:

No, they did not, they accept it immediately. However, there was another option on the table so I decided to purchase the PC regardless of the damages and take a gamble on sending it over to LTT! 😄

So you sent it to LTT for the content?  And the possibility that damaged components might be upgraded?

I guess those are valid reasons.  But Linus should have made it clear that Shark Gaming was willing to replace the PC.  As it stands now, the video makes Shark Gaming seem to be very lacking with respect to customer service.

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Shark Gaming could’ve definitely used some better packaging techniques, and I feel that they should use this experience to improve on that. 

I doubt whether any reasonable packaging techniques would significantly reduced damage.  ASTM standards for packaging seem to allow 40-50g force from a height of 30 inches for desktop computers.  While I doubt that packing would meet that minimal standard, I also doubt it would have helped.  This thing looks like it fell off the truck while driving down a freeway. 

12 hours ago, Danspy501st said:

It is also possible for Shark Gaming not knowing about this if the customer havent said anything to them. I dont blame either Shark Gaming or the person that brought the PC from them. What I just wonder is about how in the world it did damage like that in transit. A comment on the video did say a pallet, but most delivery vans in Denmark or the Nordic countries in general, dont have pallets loaded. And I dont know much about PostNord about them transporting packages between other Nordic countries. All I can say is that it looks like the case had been dropped on an edge or pressed against it to get that warpped and damage

If that were the case, I think it would be very dangerous for Superznova to be:

• A. Posting this on multiple subreddits
  • B. Allowing LTT to step in and replace/fix the computer for him.

Even though it's not explicitly stated what if any support both Shark Gaming and PostNord did to assist Superznova, this sort of paints the picture of the two companies outright refusing to help in any way and for LTT to come in like a guardian angel and help out the poor soul who's been done dirty by big evil corporations. Sort of like the whole situation with Artesian Builds refusing to give the winner of a giveaway their PC and Jayztwocents stepping in to make things right. 

Mid-comment edit:

Ok so Superznova did confirm Shark Gaming did refund the cost of the PC with no pushback.

I'm still not a fan of how it was never mentioned that Shark Gaming here did the right thing and seemingly went above and beyond by not even asking for the remains to recoup as much as they can. If we want to give kudos to other content creators for taking care of consumers after businesses screw them over, it's not a good look to turn a blind eye and not mention when businesses go above and beyond when it's part of the entire story. Shark Gaming refunded him the price of the computer with little resistance and left him with a working CPU and RAM for his troubles. None of this was mentioned which leaves the door right open for people to make the assumption that Shark Gaming screwed the guy over. 

Now so far, it doesn't seem there is overall resentment towards Shark Gaming here, but the possibility is surely still there. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Just curious Jordan, are you the new guy in the video?

2 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Even though it's not explicitly stated what if any support both Shark Gaming and PostNord did to assist Superznova, this sort of paints the picture of the two companies outright refusing to help in any way and for LTT to come in like a guardian angel and help out the poor soul who's been done dirty by big evil corporations. Sort of like the whole situation with Artesian Builds refusing to give the winner of a giveaway their PC and Jayztwocents stepping in to make things right. 

Mid-comment edit:

Ok so Superznova did confirm Shark Gaming did refund the cost of the PC with no pushback.

I'm still not a fan of how it was never mentioned that Shark Gaming here did the right thing and seemingly went above and beyond by not even asking for the remains to recoup as much as they can. If we want to give kudos to other content creators for taking care of consumers after businesses screw them over, it's not a good look to basically turn a blind eye and not mention when businesses go above and beyond when it's part of the entire story. Shark Gaming basically refunded him the price of the computer and left him with a working CPU and RAM for his troubles. None of this was mentioned which leaves the door right open for people to make the assumption that Shark Gaming screwed the guy over. 

Now so far, it doesn't seem there is overall resentment towards Shark Gaming here, but the possibility is surely still there. 

With you on this one - I hate that I had to dig around to find out that "oh, yeah, the company did the right thing and offered a refund" - instead of saying it somewhere in the video or comments.  Props to LTT for offering to fix the computer (and generate content at the same time), but I definitely watched this video wondering, "wait, the company didn't do anything for him??"

am with linus.

i seen stuff get damage in the mail

but last year Amazon sent me a uhd disc .

with  another item that was 20 pounds...

it was a sealed box top and bottom. had a 5 inchs of space in any direction.

i could not find the 15 % missing corner of the uhd disc marital anywhere.

i never seen something where it ground it down to dust lvl.

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

2 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Mid-comment edit:

I'm still not a fan of how it was never mentioned that Shark Gaming here did the right thing and seemingly went above and beyond by not even asking for the remains to recoup as much as they can. If we want to give kudos to other content creators for taking care of consumers after businesses screw them over, it's not a good look to basically turn a blind eye and not mention when businesses go above and beyond when it's part of the entire story. Shark Gaming basically refunded him the price of the computer and left him with a working CPU and RAM for his troubles. None of this was mentioned which leaves the door right open for people to make the assumption that Shark Gaming screwed the guy over. 

I always learned to hold back some criticism as you and I as viewer or outside person never would know the full story. As I stated, I will give out my opinions out of what I know. If I begin to move into territory where I dont have the full picture, then I will make sure to state as such.

But yeah. Someone somewhere should had done something. And as Superznova stated, this could just be a freak accident. I mean, shits (Sorry for my use of lanuage admins and mods) happens. It is very possible Postnord also didnt knew that happened while in transit. It could be that a person that packed it and put it in the van or truck or whatever that was used for the transit just was "I arent paid enough for this &¤!#" and just willy nilly packs it without thinking much of it. There is persons out there that will do the bare minium required of them for a job. I had seen that with my own eyes, as I had been in jobs where those people where. It is also very possible that people afterwards didnt check if anything was good or it was broken or something, as they most likely had the mindset of "The one before had packed it, so it most be good still. No need to use some extra seconds to see if everything is still okay. Plus I have my supervisor and managerment breathing down my neck to be faster to get this moved on as fast as possible"

We sadly begins to live in a world where the top of a company only thinking about money and profit, where everything should be done quickly. Meanwhile there is little room for errors, which will show up in such fast paced places. It is when we begin to see things like that happening.

Everyone knows postnord is trash.

Worse than UPS.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

7 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Mid-comment edit:

I'm still not a fan of how it was never mentioned that Shark Gaming here did the right thing and seemingly went above and beyond by not even asking for the remains to recoup as much as they can. If we want to give kudos to other content creators for taking care of consumers after businesses screw them over, it's not a good look to turn a blind eye and not mention when businesses go above and beyond when it's part of the entire story. Shark Gaming refunded him the price of the computer with little resistance and left him with a working CPU and RAM for his troubles. None of this was mentioned which leaves the door right open for people to make the assumption that Shark Gaming screwed the guy over. 

Hmm I think you are somewhat confused on this part, maybe I used the word refund wrong as english is not my first language. I had not yet paid for the PC at this point but they did accept me refund/RMA/return case without issue, meaning, I would send it back to them and they would cancel the invoice after the fact. However, the box they sent me to return the PC in never arrived here, not to this day, it did appear in postnord app on my phone however so problably got lost or destroyed in the mail. So I contacted them again and said "hey, ehm well, this might sound odd but Im thinking about purchasing the PC regardless of the damages since I got an offer from a YT channel to send it to them for a fun video and potential upgrades, is there anything you have to do with the refund/return situation?" And they were like "lol ok good luck I guess, than you can just pay the bill" - So I did end up purchasing the PC from them, however they did accept the refund/return upon contact so there was never an issue with them - although I'm not the one editing the video so I hope that clears it up for you 🙂

1 hour ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Everyone knows postnord is trash.

Worse than UPS.

But PostNord is still better than DHL here in Sweden. 

DHL is surprisingly bad and I hate it when there is no non DHL delivery option. 

1 hour ago, Spindel said:

According to the internet everything is sh*t. In reality none of them are terrible. Some drivers are just worse than others. People have one bad shipment and think the entire company is useless. 🤷‍♂️

Especially DHL is one of the better ones, since they pay their workers relatively well.

12 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Get that twisted? a lot of force, so not better packing as it can only do so much unless there is enough to handle those forces... just a better box, I guess this is why some uses crates (like origin?)

19 hours ago, ahuckphin said:

Video production rushed? We just get a "After further testing, several components were replaced before we shipped the PC" text message rather than video explanation? Components replaced because failed testing or out of good will? 

EDIT: Would have also been great to see how LTT packed the computer for shipment. 

From Superznova " No, they did not, they accept it immediately. However, there was another option on the table so I decided to purchase the PC regardless of the damages and take a gamble on sending it over to LTT!"

Agree feels like it could have been a part 2, when ending like that. also confused in what happened, as in "no change" was a little confusing?
Maybe an LTT look into how packages get destroyed or handled, to who to trust when buying stuff. Unless this was from shark and get to know what they did?

essentially the entire case was replaced, some parts were transferred over but ltt started at some point with the whole case and now they are left with a couple parts that are functionally useless. 

mobo was replaced which is ehh probably good practice. 

gpu was replaced

a fan was installed due to loss

cooler was replaced, unknown of the fans on the cooler were replaced
ssd was replaced, I would have attempted repairs personally but ehh not worth their time. 

psu replaced 

all that was kept realistically was cpu, and ram.

potentially a case fan, but the new case would have come with it. Also unknown if they were left that way due to the static pressure concerns. 

On 4/23/2023 at 11:35 AM, ToboRobot said:

what parts were replaced?

the SSD, some fans, the power supply and the case

5 hours ago, SONIC122 said:

the SSD, some fans, the power supply and the case

JordB gave an excellent answer.

On 4/24/2023 at 1:20 PM, Spindel said:

Actually better?

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

For this thread, this video from the official Shark Gaming channel provides some context, and that their packaging, whilst not fully optimal, was better than credited. This hints at it being crushed at some point.

Having experience with Postnord Denmark-Denmark and Denmark-Sweden specifically, this most likely happened during sorting or delivery, not during transport from Shark Gaming.

For some reason, this looks exactly how the damage happen...
image.png.9e1ea4cd259d20e9e415873d9544ecb0.png

For me it looks like it was against something on the bottom left and got hit from the top right and it just did a italic \case\... I would think that probably a forklift has hit it...

I must say, this is the most GORE PC I've seen in my life, I almost cried seeing this.

We need to figure out what happen to it... what's your thought?

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3