Text settings are applied to the newline character on forum templates.(The character that appears when you press enter)

Google Chrome, Version 112.0.5615.62 (Official Build) (64-bit), Chrome OS

I noticed this when I couldn't un-bold what I was typing, It was like there was an adjacent character causing my new characters to be bold.

It only happens when pre-typed text is bolded or italicized and the bolded text is on the side of the typing area. It's kind of hard to explain, so just watch the video. I believe this happens because there is a next line character (yes there is technically a character called next line) is technically bolded, and we can't see it. And so the forums thinks we are continuing a bolded word since the two characters are next to each other.

Omg, it's a signature!

wait there is a dark mode. i have been suffering all this time for nothing 😞

this happens without newlines too., but invisible characters (like newlines) tend to be a good place for this to go unnoticed.

from how much i understand of it, when you bold something the tags appear, and when you unbold them or delete the bolded characters, the HTML bold tags dont necessarily disappear "behind" the wysiwyg editor.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the editor that we use, and not something that can be fixed.

HTTP/2 203