YouTube Made Me Review This Budget GPU

Plouffe
8 hours ago, powertoys said:

Btw, the DDR4 version literally halves the performance of this card despite having a very similar price to it's GDDR5 counterpart. It was (to an extent, still is) one of the biggest NVidia scams out there.

From Nvidia its a impressive feet its the company that sells 4080 die named 4090. Well done 1030 You are atleast known for that

10 hours ago, Vishera said:

If i am not mistaken the GT 1030 is more powerful than the Vega 7 in the 5600G - both are significantly less powerful than my ancient ATi Radeon HD 6970.

noise and tdp here make the old ati not feasible for an htpc or old system

11 hours ago, Vishera said:

A single slot 750 Ti or HD 7850 would be a much better option than the GT 1030.

not low profile 

but what you suggest is only applicable on gaming , here we are talking about maxvell 1st gen vs Pascall , one have no support for Hardware acceleration decoding for VP8, VP9 and H265 the other one support that so in that recard 1030 is a lot better

on other hand 1030 don't have hardware encode capability but 750ti have hardware encode capabilities for 8bit h264 upto 4096x4096 4:2:0

and one come with hdmi 1.4 the other with hdmi 2

but for that scenario i found that you get better result  with fastest preset in x264 than using 1st gen nvenc and they are not that different in performance 

6 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Still relatively useless, there's low profile versions of the 1050, 1050TI and 1650 that will all fit within a similar space that are a much more worthwhile investment. Hell, you can even try to get creative and get a GPU riser to fit a larger card in an SFF system if you want to save some money on getting the LP version of those cards.

you can , if you want pay twice+ of the price and get a two slot card and have significantly higher noise

not everybody need the gpu power, for some people other things maybe important one may use a fanless gt1030 in a system and be a lot happier with that system compared to a time if they used a 4090 inside it.

by the way have you tried to use a raiser in some of the small cases around ?

many of the HP or dell mini pc cases that later are converted to htpc have problem accommodating tat low profile card don't think about riser there is no space for that at all. and why do so when you can meet all your need with a lower end card like gt1030

16 hours ago, corrected said:

Not every graphics card is for gaming

agreed - but then explain the benefit this card with two display outs against:

- iGPU

- radeon hd5750

- gt710

23 minutes ago, manikyath said:

- iGPU

- radeon hd5750

- gt710

Hardware video decoding. GT 1030 can do VP9 (Youtube & Netflix) and H.265 hardware decoding. GT710 and HD5750 cannot. iGPU depends on the iGPU, but the HD4600 iGPU in an i7 4790 (which somebody who is looking at upgrading an old PC with a budget GPU might have) lacks hardware decoding for VP9 and H.265.

HD5750 also requires additional PCIe power so if the system only has a 250W PSU without PCIe cables then it's not an option.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

46 minutes ago, manikyath said:

- iGPU

Not every CPU has iGPU especially when we go into the server space, also not all MB have connectors to use the iGPU.

- radeon hd5750

Requires more power than the PCIe can provide and out of production.

- gt710

GT 1030 was basicly the replacement of the GT 710, when it went out of production, as the "you just need to connect a display" card. IS it more powerful and has more features? Yes but what do you expect from a lot newer card.

5 hours ago, JEskandari said:

if you want pay twice+ of the price and get a two slot card and have significantly higher noise

The size of the card has absolutely nothing to do with noise. Additionally standard cards are cheaper than low profile cards. You can get a Palit 1050 Ti that's a relatively compact card for an extra 20$ which gets you more than twice the performance.

6 hours ago, JEskandari said:

by the way have you tried to use a raiser in some of the small cases around ?

many of the HP or dell mini pc cases that later are converted to htpc have problem accommodating tat low profile card don't think about riser there is no space for that at all. and why do so when you can meet all your need with a lower end card like gt1030

It's very easy to use a riser, in fact there is a video on LTT where they did exactly that.

image.png.2949831cbb1da7b76e1f4a3e4f7cc044.png

That's an optiplex with core 2 duo, where they threw in I think a 1050TI in there and it fits pretty comfortably alongside the riser. It is jank, but it works and fits. They even fitted a GTX 650 that had a 6 pin power connector in there as well.

image.png.75163d9c40182e85fc7f4f6c28c23127.png

I have a concern about some information provided on the video. You suggested RX 580 on newegg starting at $90. This is teorically a really good card, and a lot of youtubers have talk about it specially buying it from China, the issue i am confused is that this RX 580 usually is a 2048 sp version which has a performance more like RX 570, and usually these cheap cards are not brand new, i heard that these chinese companies take the cards that were used in mining, they just refurbish them -like the MLSSE brand-, thats why users have reported some issues with the bios or the card just dying a few months later. The real and new RX 580 seems to be much higher prices >150 usd.
In my country 90 USD is a lot, nobody wants to lose that amount of money. At least with the GT 1030 at same price you know is a really new card with much less probability of dying.image.png.7a9a42f26566f9417b06a29b17194495.png

7 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

The size of the card has absolutely nothing to do with noise. Additionally standard cards are cheaper than low profile cards. You can get a Palit 1050 Ti that's a relatively compact card for an extra 20$ which gets you more than twice the performance.

GT1050 is noisier than gt1030 specially a fanless gt1030, if you can beat this cards on noise department

https://www.google.com/search?q=fanless+gt1030&client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=APwXEddUjLT6Z6gNuUqUnAvm5PyHR6M9rg:1681847465926&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjc-JaGmrT-AhXI9LsIHdIqDUcQ_AUoAnoECAEQBA

and you still think of gaming , the card is not for gaming , its for being able to watch 4k content on old HTPCs, its for getting a video on old office PCs.

they don't need that performance you talk about .

5 minutes ago, JEskandari said:

Again. You're a quick google search from find this out yourself.

Palit Products - GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti KalmX ::

This is a Palit GTX 1050 TI KalmX. A passive GPU. Nonetheless I doubt the noise of any fans 1050 or 1050 ti out there will beat the rattly sounds of the already existing fans in most of these SFF's from Dell, HP etc. Not to even mention a lot of GPU's also have fan profiles that allows them to run at 0 rpm under light loads. I've had an optiplex 7010 myself and the fans aren't that quiet.

18 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

Again. You're a quick google search from find this out yourself.

Palit Products - GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti KalmX ::

This is a Palit GTX 1050 TI KalmX. A passive GPU. Nonetheless I doubt the noise of any fans 1050 or 1050 ti out there will beat the rattly sounds of the already existing fans in most of these SFF's from Dell, HP etc. Not to even mention a lot of GPU's also have fan profiles that allows them to run at 0 rpm under light loads. I've had an optiplex 7010 myself and the fans aren't that quiet.,

good now show me a place that sell it, let me help you . you only see a Palit GTX1650 KalmX for more than 264.35Euro

by the way the offices that use those crappy hp and dell systems don't care about noise , they want cheap video output

the HTPCs are the one that care about noises and they don't use those crappy dell and hp cpu coolers