Testing Another YouTuber's Mouse

AlexTheGreatish

Mouse reviewer RandomFrankP just released a mouse. Obviously he can't test it, so instead he gets the sphincter tightening experience of watching us review it.

Buy a Pulsar X2 Randomfrankp Edition Gaming Mouse: https://lmg.gg/nXNc8

Buy a Logitech G Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse: https://geni.us/UaVaZl

Buy a Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless Gaming Mouse: https://geni.us/4dO0f1

Check out the Razor Viper Mini SE Wireless Gaming Mouse: https://lmg.gg/qwKJV

Check out the Zaunkoenig M1K Gaming Mouse: https://lmg.gg/W7sY8

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Seeing the video makes me worry about my Model D Wireless I've had it for about 2 years now and it's been really good, but now I don't know if the accuracy is off or what. The software works fine, I had it not register my mouse once but I just had to run it as admin and it started working. Does Anyone know if these accuracy and latency issues happen on the Original Model D Wireless?

A glorious little physics experiment on which mouse would glide better in the mix there.  If ya'll want to make that kind of experiment a regular thing no need for a complicated dohickey.  Could just rig up a board with a protractor and see at precisely what angle it starts to slide, or a string, a pulley and some gram weights to hang from the other end of the string would do it. 

Maybe a suggestion/feature request for the labs website: Could you guys do 3D scans of each mouse and put them online? That way folks could 3D print a shell to figure out if they like the shape/feel of the mouse before purchasing it online. I've basically been trying to replace my dying mouse for the last month, and I've already shipped back several so far because they don't feel right.

All of these wireless mice have batteries that last a lot less than the mouse i use.

It usually lasts 1~2 months... It uses a single AA battery so it's easy to replace and if you use NiMH you can recharge them as well.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

👍

i7-8700K l MSI RX 580 8GB ARMOR MK2 MSI - Z370 KRAIT GAMING l G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR4-3200 l Inland 120GB SSD + 1TB HDD Scythe FUMA Rev. B l EVGA 600W 80+ Bronze Certified l Asus VG248QE 144Hz l Zowie FK2 Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X l Phanteks P300 Tempered Glass l Corsair Gaming K70 RAPIDFIRE l windows 10.

It's completely possible that Frank's O2 is fine and quality control is lacking enough to where Linus just got a bad one.

Also on the topic of mice, I still use an ancient Logitech G700 because there's not any other mouse like it, aside from the G700s refresh, but that's still a decade old. I've been waiting for some sort of similar mouse for many years, but basically nothing has the 4 side button design. I don't care if it's the best, I just want a decent mouse that is similar in functionality but with a modern sensor.

This video made me realize how much I want a new mouse and how much mouse reviews focus on things I don't care about.

Why do mouse reviews focus on low weight as if that's objectively better? I feel like that's a popular idea with old-school FPS players, but I prefer something that feels solid.

I dislike that a lot of mice are rechargable because battery tech is bad and that will probably fail long before anything else on the mouse. That being said, I do think that the wireless feature is nice. I think using a AA battery is a good compromise there since they're easily replaced.

Also, why is Logitech the only company who seems to advertise the scroll wheel with the ability to click the scroll wheel sidewise? Do they have a patent on that?

1 hour ago, tinverse said:

Why do mouse reviews focus on low weight as if that's objectively better? I feel like that's a popular idea with old-school FPS players, but I prefer something that feels solid.

Some mice come with weights because different people prefer different weight.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

Are there any great mice for people with big hands? Most of the mice that I see recommended are quite awkward to use for me as I have to kinda claw it and that makes my grip not as comfortable and my movement not as accurate as I would like.

If You want to see His reaction to all of this.  You could check out his video 

Yo , @AlexTheGreatish since I'm using a G305 like you , did you are considering to switch to a mouse like this? I bought a Corsair Dark Core Pro last year and returned to my G305 because figure out the weight matter. Since then i was considering the g pro. So do you like enough to switch? 

nnaaahhhh I stick with my G502 Hero with additional weight and an Akku who last 5h (who called UPS)...

From AT. :x

I think the argument here is that someone like Pulsar should take notes from the testing process that Linus has and include it in their own QA process. I personally don't think it's fair for Linus to assume that someone else besides the OEM can get that kind of testing done.

He also missed the fact that their results are almost impossible to notice in actual real life when we're talking of fractions of fractions of seconds.
This is exactly what I was talking about when they first released mice and keyboard testing setups. The differences they're getting between manufacturers are so small I fail to see the point of even benchmarking them against each other.

What is the result of this review anyways? He mentioned this mouse, which is similar in both price and features to the competitors is just as good? And you should just pick your own personal preference anyways? At the end of the video 3/4 of the mice were S tier and one was garbage tier. How is this valuable testing at all?

Even in the case of the Model O2, this form of testing (which should be done at the OEM level) will only end up finding product mistakes that other people will find anyways in a far cheaper method like by using the mouse normally.

You're right the Model O2 should never have left the factory floor and now we have empirical evidence but there were already tons of poor reviews on reddit, forums and youtube talking about things like poor latency and even your own ShortCircuit video for it was plagued by issues. I guess at best it went from D- tier to garbage tier now

On 4/2/2023 at 10:11 PM, MyNameWontFi said:

You guys need to get your shit together if you want people to take your lab results seriously. That 16ms click latency is bullshit. Gaming mice come with different out-of-the-box debounce time. Model O2 = 10ms. X2 mini = 4ms. Higher debounce time increase click latency. Make sure the debounce time is set to 0ms or the lowest value that the software allows before running click latency tests.  

We made sure to set to debounce to 0ms for testing!

• 2 weeks later...

I dont really understand this video.
At first the mouse is presented as if Frank designed and released it him self, where as its more of a colab with a cool design and different switches (like pulsar have done with other youtuber boardzy, webshops like maxgaming or even their own bruce lee edition).

Then the mice that where chosen to compare to im not sure i understand either, The GPX can be found for same price as x2 all the time on sale and if people where choosing a new mouse i doubt the G pro should even be reccomended anymore. Why not have a new razer mouse like the viper v2 to test against "the best" and why not the endgame gear xm2we, same price bracket and similar shape.

The testing was okay, but again cpi diviation should probably just be refered to as that ( or dpi diviation becuase thats the term most people know) , and also stated that it will have unit to unit varience anyway and that it really doesnt matter. Also no motion latency testing, or smoothing testing?
With click latency i agree model o2 has very bad result, but its woth mentioning that click latency can be changed on the pulsar and o2 with the debounce setting.

Then when you say RFP didnt notice the bad performance of the model o2 you dont give the possiblity that you had a bad unit (considering the performance you mesured compared to the model o) or even that the flaws might not even be that noticiable to some people.

Overall i liked the concept of the video, but it was just abit too confusing and weird.