I like the comic sans aprils fools joke on the forum

Totallycasual

Lowkey looks cool

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

And they find every one of us too sexy so we all get strawberried =P YaY!!!

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

ngl i thought they finally fixed the very hard to read bold font then i remembered what day it is *sad*

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, Totallycasual said:

I know it's meant to be an April Fools joke, but i actually like this font 🙂

I'm finding it extremely distracting personally, I must have reached that age.

1 hour ago, Anghammarad said:

And they find every one of us too sexy so we all get strawberried =P YaY!!!

I wish they would nerf everyones avatars who had animated ones more often, a lot of them are super distracting and a waste of CPU power to display them.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Is it gone already? I see a lot of strawberries and the Tesla logo but no comic sans anywhere?

Yeah, i actually remember contemplating blocking someone at one point because of how obnoxious and distracting their avatar gif was. 

2 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

ngl i thought they finally fixed the very hard to read bold font then i remembered what day it is *sad*

The normal font shouldn't be a very hard to read bold font, it should be Helvetica.

HTTP/2 203

Came home after a very long night's work and a work day, I legitimately thought that the forum got hacked :)). I just saw "Tesla". Then I remembered what day it is. Nice one LTT 😉 .

21 minutes ago, Alex T88 said:

Came home after a very long night's work and a work day, I legitimately thought that the forum got hacked :)). I just saw "Tesla". Then I remembered what day it is. Nice one LTT 😉 .

I'm so tired I didn't even notice it said Tesla.

WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)

First time in several years i logged in the forum today and actually got a bit irritated with the font and tried to find how to change font in the forum interface before i found this thread.

On a side note one of the reps that i interacct with for a major IC manufacturer use comic sans as font in their bussiness emails and I cannot take them seriously.

6 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

*snip*… and a waste of CPU power to display them.

Seriously are you still running a computer with a single core P3?

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

The normal font shouldn't be a very hard to read bold font, it should be Helvetica.

its too narrow,  i really find it hard to read on mobile especially.  i know i can use custom fonts but thats not so great either as it messes up some websites icons etc 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

10 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

its too narrow,  i really find it hard to read on mobile especially.  i know i can use custom fonts but thats not so great either as it messes up some websites icons etc 

How about ...

image.png.bb626d343da156b812491801069f53bd.png

Or you know, Wingdings

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Comic Sans? This is nice.

Years ago when I was running a website for my WoW guild, I used to insert 

body {
      text-transform: uppercase !important;
}

(or something like that) in the website's CSS code to change the whole website from start to bottom as it was typed in upper caps (even including forum messages) because "IF ALL CAPS ITS IMPORTANT". I got so much hate for it that I had to reverse that before the day was over lol.

8 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

should be Helvetica

That's so passé.  

Bring on the new and exclusive nft fonts.

Cryptocurrency and nft's have been the most solid investment platforms of the last century.  If you didn't see the potential and missed out on the first wave then get in now with the new branded LtT fonts.  

Minted fresh daily! 

It should 100% be kept as an option, it makes the site soooooooooooo much easier to read for people with certain visual problems.

If you can't stand Comic Sans and want to read the forums, you can use an extension like StyleBot, and add the following in the "Code" tab:

*:not(i):not(.fa) {
    font-family: sans-serif !important;
}

15 hours ago, Totallycasual said:

I know it's meant to be an April Fools joke, but i actually like this font 🙂

Then you and I are mortal enemies.

The Mastodon server I use actually tried the same trick, but for some reason it lead to the mobile experience ending up as some kind of absurd cursive font that was not accessibility-friendly, so they had to stop it. I thought it was funny though!

10 hours ago, Spindel said:

Seriously are you still running a computer with a single core P3?

I didn't say it was freezing the forum, I said it was wasting CPU power, which it does.  There is no good reason for a forum to use any CPU power at all once the page has loaded.

You might consider it negligible, but were I using a laptop or phone its going to reduce battery life plus like I said, some of them are rather distracting.

I don’t understand why people hate on comic sans as much as they do on internet. 

I have a feeling it’s just become a meme and a lot of people say they hate it because they think they should say so. 

20 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It should not be Helvetica possibly one of the worse choices for small font electronic media. For large headlines or Wayfinding it looks good but the differentiation between characters is poor leading to low legibility at small sizes.

there was a reason even apple ditched it