Linus Tech Tips, Tech Quickie, Tech Linked channels hacked

betav17
Message added by Spotty,

The Linus Tech Tips, TechLinked, and TechQuickie Youtube channels have been restored.

A video explaining what happened is now up:

The temporary handle account is back with correct subscriber count.

1 minute ago, The_Tuba_Titan said:

I believe they need to go back and private/unlist those vids

im just working on downloading these before theyre gone

1 minute ago, fieryaleeco said:

It's cool looking through the privated/deleted videos that got reuploaded. Lots of ad integrations, videos with too many/few ads, test/review videos that aren't final etc.

Someone needs to do the stuff for internet archive this is a major leak of private information of LMG.

I will say this, im on my firestick youtube app and i see LTT channel with a lot of videos that are saying that they were released 15 hours ago, i think they are getting the channel back up and running and yes i can watch the videos

15 minutes ago, Drazil100 said:

The only reason I'm slightly disappointed is it gives the impression that us free viewers are an afterthought.

If the primary source of income and purpose for my company just suddenly stopped, the last thing i would be thinking about is my non-paying customers.

I guarantee the company has a business continuity plan, and i doubt it involves communicating to "free" viewers, it's going to all be about getting out of the situation they are in so the company doesn't crumble.

I would be surprised if any company that doesn't offer a direct service to customers would have such a process in their BCP.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, LinusFanNumber 14.8M said:

Someone needs to do the stuff for internet archive this is a major leak of private information of LMG.

Working on it now

9 minutes ago, Uttamattamakin said:

Hey DON'T CLICK ANY LINKS on anything but ... it is nice to see this again.  Where was this buried? 

The best series on Ltt. The hacking is worth it for this lol

I found the channel Linus tech tips and ALL of the Descriptions of the videos are SUS because they are crypto scam websites and don't click on the link!!! Or else you might get crypto scammed.

The teckquickie channel I also found cause I remember looking at the sub count and it said somewhere around 4.2 million subs. But the handle is @tesla-us-now 😮 that does not make any  Sense.

Now the tech linked channel I also found cause I believe I looked at the sub count before and around 1.8 million subs but its handle I believe is @Tesla-ltt that's not the real handle.

1 minute ago, SilverbloodZero said:

LTT lost some of its  Subscribers from 15.3M yesterday to 15.2 now

probably thought linus was promoting some scam... does happen

The techquickie one is restoring its handle now (but not logo yet).

Just now, LinusFanNumber 14.8M said:

Epic

I need someone to help i cant do this, its a race against the clock

O my gosh all the old videos sooo much nostalgia just came flooding back. Remember the wan show after party!

Just now, Endrocryne said:

I need someone to help i cant do this, its a race against the clock

I don't have any tool to download videos.

techlinked handle is back but the logo is still borked and the videos are all Tesla

2 minutes ago, Blueduck3285 said:

They owe us Nothing! Why waste time and effort posting community posts on the very platform that was hit?

Why post anything!!! On the dumpster fire that is Twitter, stop giving that idiot anything!

I'd love to see some hugely impactful negative thing happen at your work and see how you respond. Don't quarterback from an arm chair.

You'll get answers on the wan show should their channel be up and running by then.

Oh and you better believe they know that the non floatplaners pay more of their bills. The reason they were updated is it's Their platform, you know, the one that wasn't hit...

2 Things:
First, they wouldn't be the size they are or be able to ask sponsors for as much as they do if it wasn't for every single one of their viewers regardless of if they are subscribed on Floatplane or if they just happen to view a video every now and then. While I don't think they owe free viewers a lot I DO think they owe us at least a little

Second, I agree that we do not need an explanation. Taking action and trying to get the channel back is top priority and I wouldn't blame them in the slightest if they had said nothing until everything is resolved. The thing is though they DID take the time to make a statement and I think it is fair to wonder why they didn't initially post it somewhere more public.

To be clear. I am not personally mad nor do I hold this against them in anyway. I just think it's fair to feel owed an explanation when the time was taken to give one but only to paying viewers.

The LTT handle is fixed but the videos are the old ones accidentally shown earlier this AM.

Just now, LinusFanNumber 14.8M said:

No, not again!

image.png

Wait, when I search the channel manually it appears, looks like its glitched.

Good night Linus et al.  Hope when I wake up tomorrow you have restored order.  What a PITA this must have been ... sheesh.

2 hours ago, Shonk said:

i said like 10 posts ago lets agree to disagree why can people not let go these days

Its the accepted term for normies and grandma's e.g. the majority of the world

i fully understand how people are using it

but its not the correct term

I thought it worth chiming in because this isn't an "agree to disagree" topic. I have a degree in computer science. My network security class covered this exact case, as you described, as a type of hacking. This is taught at Universities as hacking, it IS the correct term.