Google thinks i try reset somebody's password but I DIDN'T!!!!!!!

f23948

Can anyone who's that for? I DIDN'T try to reset somebody's password

untitled.jpg

Someone might entered wrong number, or was your number's previous owner and forgot to change the phone number, or used your number without your consent... 

As far as I know there is no way get around that...

You might want to send a email to that gmail address tell that user to get off your number.

Someone used your phone number for 2 factor authentication,

It is very likely that they used to own your phone number before you owned it.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

It could be an elaborated scam, but you could send an email to that email, saying they entered the wrong number so that they change it.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I wouldn't worry about it, there are innocuous reasons this could have happened as people have already explained. 

If you really want to be nice, you could send an email to that address saying "Hey, I'm getting your Google authentication texts, better check the number you're using." If they start trying to chat you up, assume it's some sort of scam and break off contact.

Otherwise I'd ignore it. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just to confirm. 

The email adress in the sms is not your own and you have never seen it before, right? 

9 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Just to confirm. 

The email adress in the sms is not your own and you have never seen it before, right? 

That's correct 

Be advised that caller ID information can be EASILY faked and that (at least in the UK) the number used for google 2FA codes can't be replied to.

Google thinks

unless google is called 22000 in ur country,  google probably has nothing to do with that message. 

i strongly recommend u to not click on any of those links.

u know that u aren't supposed to click on links of unsolicited messages right?

edit: if u want to do "something" contact google and ask what's up with that - but again,  i wouldn't click on any of these links... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

45 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

unless google is called 22000 in ur country,  google probably has nothing to do with that message. 

i strongly recommend u to not click on any of those links.

u know that u aren't supposed to click on links of unsolicited messages right?

edit: if u want to do "something" contact google and ask what's up with that - but again,  i wouldn't click on any of these links... 

22000 is probably a Google sms notification number.

plus Google.com/password is a valid Google short link

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

52 minutes ago, Helpful Tech Witch said:

22000 is probably a Google sms notification number.

plus Google.com/password is a valid Google short link

yeah "probably". 

(mine isnt a number hence that is pretty sus and why click a link on a sus message  - its exactly what you should *never* do) 

ps: also @gmai...?  

really? why would google type like that? they censored the "l.com" ?  come on lol... 

honestly the answers in here are astounding "just email that account" jc no wonder there are so many hacks...

again: *never click on links in unsolicited emails* that's exactly how they get you,  doesn't matter if it looks legit,  you simply don't  

YOU CAN CONTACT GOOGLE IN ANY OTHER WAY DIRECTLY YOU DO NOT NEED THIS LINK OR MESSAGE A RANDOM HIGHLY SUSPECT EMAIL ADDRESS 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

20 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeah "probably". 

(mine isnt a number hence that is pretty sus and why click a link on a sus message  - its exactly what you should *never* do) 

really? why would google type like that? they censored the "l.com" ?  come on lol... 

honestly the answers in here are astounding "just email that account" jc no wonder there are so many hacks...

again: *never click on links in unsolicited emails* that's exactly how they get you,  doesn't matter if it looks legit,  you simply don't  

YOU CAN CONTACT GOOGLE IN ANY OTHER WAY DIRECTLY YOU DO NOT NEED THIS LINK OR MESSAGE A RANDOM HIGHLY SUSPECT EMAIL ADDRESS 

It's not censored, it's cut down due to length of the email address after a certain number of characters....

22000 is the SMS shortcode for google in the US and Canada

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

22000 is the SMS shortcode for google in the US and Canada

Ok, that clears that up, it simply says GOOGLE here, and the message text for password reset is completely different too. i still wouldn't under any circumstances message that email address.  just contact google and ask for help, i guess? 

3 minutes ago, Lurick said:

it's cut down due to length of the email address after a certain number of characters 

thats still really strange,  typing it out would have used the same number of characters? 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

9 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Ok, that clears that up, it simply says GOOGLE here, and the message text for password reset is completely different too. i still wouldn't under any circumstances message that email address.  just contact google and ask for help, i guess? 

thats still really strange,  typing it out would have used the same number of characters? 

Still no harm in contacting someone though, completely agree.

If the email was longer it would have cut it off sooner but the ...? is common for truncating output in my experience.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

6 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeah "probably". 

Yea 22000 is the Google code. 

But also there is no harm in emailing a email adress, even if they’ll try to scam you or something.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

22000 is Google's SMS number for 2FA (I'm in Canada). I got messages from them on my phone as well.

I don't know if these short numbers can be spoofed, but at the very least, I can confirm to you that 22000 is indeed one of Google's numbers.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

On 2/25/2023 at 12:00 AM, TetraSky said:

22000 is Google's SMS number for 2FA (I'm in Canada). I got messages from them on my phone as well.

I don't know if these short numbers can be spoofed, but at the very least, I can confirm to you that 22000 is indeed one of Google's numbers.

in hindsight i figured... i mean its actually called google here, but i also had issues believing OP got so many messages *prior* to this incident... i get those like once a year or so ...

still dont think its a good idea to email a potential scammer - you know, just in general don't do that... tell Google, let them deal with it, just makes more sense imo. plus it might work out fine this time, but what about next time its just simply not a good idea (thats besides im p sure those totally "safe" urls can be spoofed too...)

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity