Quite the problem: Mask or change my IP totally without VPN

randy123

Hello.
I've run into quite the problem. To give you some background, I am an active gamer. I play a specific game and it has made be what I am today. Unfortunately, this game community has some very evil people in it. I'm going to make a long story short and make this simple.
I can't them detect my homes real IP when playing
Of course, I've used VPN's. The problem is though these VPN's seem to be hiccupping, and they can see my IP still. I'm guessing that the VPN is turning off for even a millisecond when browsing their community forums and it is auto detected by their system.
I've tried 2 different VPN's, and after a few months a hiccup seems to happen in these VPN systems when using them and they detect the IP address.
I can't let them do that again.

Now, I have done some research in proxy servers and that might be a way to do this, but I have never set one up. Wondering if that could be a way?
Or is there something else I can do?
I have lots of money, so I can spend money on equipment if needed.

Solutions I've tried but do not work:

1. Using my cellular hotspot. Very slow, unable to play the game off of it. It also assigns you an IP randomly. I need the IP I am given to mask mine to be STATIC so it is CONSISTANT. Cellular hotspots do not do that from my experience, but perhaps there is a way to do that I do not know of.
  2. Attempting to change my IP on my modem. We have comcast, and they do not let us change our IP unless you contact their support and they do it on their end. Resetting modem does not change IP. It is my landlords modem, and I doubt he would give me access to contact Comcast on his behalf to change IP's.

What about a cloud pc?
So I'd just be controlling a PC remotely but that PC is far away from me. Is that a thing for gaming systems? Like renting one?
Or perhaps having a virtual machine on my PC, and configure it to only route traffic through a VPN

7 minutes ago, Fendrick said:

Use NordVPN.

Seems to me you have been using free VPN's which are free for a reason.

Been using nord, no luck. It was the first one to 'hiccup' and my IP be detected. I've also tried itopvpn. Both of those I used the paid versions.

I need some other solution that is not a VPN, as per my original post and title please.

1 minute ago, randy123 said:

Been using nord, no luck. It was the first one to 'hiccup' and my IP be detected. I've also tried itopvpn. Both of those I used the paid versions.

I need some other solution that is not a VPN, as per my original post and title please.

This don't sound right and sounds like you are avoiding something else, the only other identifying thing other than IP is cookies.

If you don't delete cookies then switch a VPN on it won't hide the fact you have been fingerprinted and profiled.

Also NordVPN don't magically switch off.

5800X 4720mhz fixed OC 6900XT -75mv, 2600mhz 1440P 165hz

Full rig here: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/xvJF2m  

If the problem you're trying to solve is a DDOS attack, then a cloud gaming service such as Nvidia GeForce Now would solve that issue.

Seriously though, how bad is it that you can't even browse a community forum surrounding this game? At that point I would delete your cookies, get a new IP from your ISP, quit the game, and ditch the community for the rest of time.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

41 minutes ago, Fendrick said:

Use Superantispyware free edition to remove all cookies, delete your browsing cookies also.

It is not cookies, I've removed them all at different points throughout my experience and still issue persists. I am looking for a way to have all my traffic routed through something else, as per my original post. But thank you.

43 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

If the problem you're trying to solve is a DDOS attack, then a cloud gaming service such as Nvidia GeForce Now would solve that issue.

Seriously though, how bad is it that you can't even browse a community forum surrounding this game? At that point I would delete your cookies, get a new IP from your ISP, quit the game, and ditch the community for the rest of time.

Yeah I was thinking some cloud gaming service would work. 

I'd need a whole operating system to rent through the cloud though not just a game. From what I understand GeForce Now is just you stream a game, not an entire OS I can customize with browser addons, mods, etc.

The issue is the game I am talking about is actually a text based RP forum on a website integrated into an old source mod, not some game I can just stream through GeForce Now like Doom Eternal. 

Not going to quit the game, not an option. Like I said in my previous post I cant change my IP through my ISP.

Perhaps a proxy server? I don't know what the best proxy service would be though or how to set that up. If someone has some suggestions please let me know.

So name the game,and be a bit more forth coming with some details, maybe someone will be able to give you better advice.

If however you are actually trying to get around a ban from the game then you will not find help on these forums.

If not and you are genuinely afraid for your safety as a result of playing this game or, as suggested already, some form of internet based attack then the obvious solution is to quit. Honestly, is playing a game worth all the trouble you seem to be trying to avoid?

"Not going to quit the game, not an option", what exactly does that mean? Not doing something that might result in some form of harm or harassment is your best option.

17 minutes ago, DigitalGoat said:

So name the game,and be a bit more forth coming with some details, maybe someone will be able to give you better advice.

If however you are actually trying to get around a ban from the game then you will not find help on these forums.

If not and you are genuinely afraid for your safety as a result of playing this game or, as suggested already, some form of internet based attack then the obvious solution is to quit. Honestly, is playing a game worth all the trouble you seem to be trying to avoid?

"Not going to quit the game, not an option", what exactly does that mean? Not doing something that might result in some form of harm or harassment is your best option.

I already gave you the details. If you do not want to help find a technical solution, do not try to instigate or argue please. Thanks.

2 hours ago, randy123 said:

I already gave you the details. If you do not want to help find a technical solution, do not try to instigate or argue please. Thanks.

https://shadow.tech/ seems like the only option.

No VPN will give you a fixed IP, although I don't understand why a fixed IP is a requirement as that just makes you an easier target.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Roll your own VPN from a rented cloud server instance or a Raspberry Pi colocated in a datacenter. 

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-and-configure-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-20-04

I'd recommend looking for some counseling too, or at least someone to talk with outside that game. Being addicted to a video game, especially if it's to the point where you insist on participating despite constant fear of being dogpiled by its toxic community, is no good for your mental health.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

7 hours ago, randy123 said:

My post is in no way 'instigating' (instigating what?) or arguing it was merely asking for more detail about the situation in order to possibly get better, targetted advice for you.

If you want to keep the details secret then that is your right, but you will get less helpful and more generic advice than you expect.

Someone using these forums might know the game you are talking about and know an actually helpful answer to solve your issue.

Sounds to me like OP is hiding something. Such as being a troll who want to be able to avoid bans and such. 

OP, give us more info like which game it is, or which community it is. Refusing to provide this information just makes you seem very suspicious. 

It's like asking for good crowbars and then refusing to answer what it will be used for.

19 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Rent a vps.

I've actually been thinking this may be a good solution. Amazon WorkSpaces seems ideal, any other good virtual desktops I can use other than AWS and Azure that anyone could recommend?

19 hours ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

https://shadow.tech/ seems like the only option.

No VPN will give you a fixed IP, although I don't understand why a fixed IP is a requirement as that just makes you an easier target.

I'll look into this, thanks

14 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Roll your own VPN from a rented cloud server instance or a Raspberry Pi colocated in a datacenter. 

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-and-configure-an-openvpn-server-on-ubuntu-20-04

I'd recommend looking for some counseling too, or at least someone to talk with outside that game. Being addicted to a video game, especially if it's to the point where you insist on participating despite constant fear of being dogpiled by its toxic community, is no good for your mental health.

Yeah as said above a cloud instance could be idea, combined with a VPN

As for the second part you are probably right about that lol but I have dedicated almost 10 years of my life to this game and I'd b a loser if I quit

6 hours ago, randy123 said:

I've actually been thinking this may be a good solution. Amazon WorkSpaces seems ideal, any other good virtual desktops I can use other than AWS and Azure that anyone could recommend?

Yeah as said above a cloud instance could be idea, combined with a VPN

As for the second part you are probably right about that lol but I have dedicated almost 10 years of my life to this game and I'd b a loser if I quit

Indeed hosting your own VPN is the only way you'd have a fixed IP, but then if people start attacking your VPS host instead of you directly, that's not going to be a good day either.  Although quite why you'd need a fixed IP I do not understand, just makes you easier to attack.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Spin up a VM, instal Cloudflare zero trust tunnel as a docker container. Instal WireGuard as another container. Buy a vps, instal WireGuard, set up a point to point VPN, and route your local WireGuard through the Cloudflare tunnel. Now you have Cloudflare proxying the traffic after the VPS, so if someone was able to figure out the VPS IP, good luck either bringing down Cloudflare with DDOS or finding a hole in their proxy setup. If they can defeat Cloudflare…. You probably pissed off the wrong Russian or Chinese diplomats kid, because that would be the act of a nation state and not some pissed off gamer script kiddy.

Or… ya know. Maybe just stop playing this game because clearly whatever this is, it isn’t worth it. Life is to short for whatever the hell is going on in this situation. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air