Linus Tech Tips Forum Ads

So today I log on to the forum and these ads are displayed:

post-77334-0-36948800-1399332999.png

post-77334-0-47440900-1399332994_thumb.p

I have never nor do i want to meet asian women. Why are they coming up .___.

post-77334-0-47440900-1399332994_thumb.p

post-77334-0-36948800-1399332999.png

You can sometimes remove specific ads by hovering the cursor above the top right corner of the ad. An x might appear so close it and it will ask you if the ad was inappropriate or whatever.

It worked for me on some of the ads, but not others.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I hate those ads. I don't know why they only come up on this website. I also get the ads with the Arab women. So annoying. I wish the ads would be mixed up but the same ads constantly pop up.

the adds are based off your google searches so its your fault bud

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I actually kinda drool over this ad. 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

It's Google AdSense so it's based on your searches.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Typcically it has to do with your searches in the past, although there is a setting in Chrome I believe that will disable things like that.

it's your google search.

You might have been looking for Asian women on google or something.. lol :P

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

i get the same thing and i dont look at that stuff plus i get that at school too 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

nice job announcing your search history to the forum

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

What's wrong with these women... Asians are hawt. - before their menopause that is.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

it's your google search.

You might have been looking for Asian women on google or something.. lol :P

I get those ads from time to time. I have never googled anything even related to Asian women (or anything about women in general).

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

The funny thing is, wouldn't Asian girls' profiles be written in different languages?

google just gives you ads based on what they think your demograpic is, they try to guess your age and likes and stuff

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Every other adsense ad I get is all about gaming pc and video games. I only get those asian woman ads on LTT. If it wernt for those ads, i would disable adblock. Maybe Linus is trolling...?

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Every other adsense ad I get is all about gaming pc and video games. I only get those asian woman ads on LTT. If it wernt for those ads, i would disable adblock. Maybe Linus is trolling...?

thats what I get on youtube and stuff like amazon but on LTT its all about asian women

This is why I use adblock plus. I have zero issues supporting a site by having it disabled, but only when the ads aren't trashy. According to posters in this thread, they are getting these types of ads even when it has nothing to do with search history. Yeah, no thanks. I'd rather see the shaver club stuff being pushed on me vs trying to meet slutty women on a tech forum.

I actually kinda drool over this ad.

Well you probably have one of the dirtiest minds on the forum.

Jk

I got that add once but that was because the ad blocker I use wasn't on effect for some reason.

It's because Linus likes Asians O.o (sorry)

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz