RTX3060TI

Corsair RM650X

2x M.2 Samsung 1TB SSD980

1 Adata 1 TB SATA SSD

Pioneer Blu Ray RW Drive 

Some crappy card reader with 4 USB 2 ports powered by Molex

1 2.5" USB 3.0 with USB C 3.0 IO bay thing powered by SATA

Audigy 5 RX sound card because I still use DOSBox

What's the question? Are you looking for new case suggestions?

Do you want to keep these dubiously useful accessories?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

I'm wondering if I can get a windowed side panel for it. other than that it is pretty cool. And yes, any suggestions. I would have post pics before but card reader malfunctioned. Old In Win case is what I swapped from. 

First pic is my old In Win case.

IMG_0742.JPG

Second pic is how it is set now.

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

Forgot,

It also has a creative Sound card Audigy 5 RX. 

Hope stupid card reader was a fluke. Never had luck with them. Might change indicter LEDs from blinding blue to amber and red LEDs. I hate those blue LEDs.

Fan is weird too in the front of the case. I run it with the speed switch on low and let the board control it. I had to make a custom fan curve with fan control starting at 70% to turn the fan at around 450 RPM. In high the fan will run at 850 RPM an be very audible. Running it that low causes fan errors at start up. I set the BIOS setting to ignore. Even setting to see 200 RPM would cause errors. Errors would stop when PC warmed up. I'm wonder if I should use a PWM fan in stead of a 3pin with DC control set in BIOS. Spins slow because it's 180MM. Wonder if 200mm would fit with some manipulation. Noctua 200mm PWM. I have one in my Corsair 650D on a Asus B560M-A and it work fine. 

IMG_0745.JPG

My mods were uninstalling the 3.5" 3 drive bay. This allowed completely unimpeded air flow.

Being that the drive bay used a stupid amount of room in the case I removed it. The SATA SSD used is under the 2.5" USB 3.0/C front bay ports. Uses very little room inside of the case. It's lower than the mother board.

IMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0747.JPG

IMG_0743.JPG

On 1/11/2023 at 5:52 PM, Middcore said:

What's the question? Are you looking for new case suggestions?

Do you want to keep these dubiously useful accessories?

Is it still cringe worthy?

VRMs at idle 54C

GPU 44.5c Idle.

Case is almost silent at idle.

Front fan: 500 to 50RPM at idle

CPU fan 500 RPM idle

Exhaust fan: 500 RPM idle.

CPU temp: 30c

No RGB. 

What Should I do for a Window mod?

Yes I like the BR drive and Front IO as it is setup now.

I bought this case because it is well made and thought out. As tight as it is, it is very open inside. I removed the CPU heatsink support and the 3 2.5" bay. I did this for function over form.

21 minutes ago, Eric Kazer said:

Is it still cringe worthy?

VRMs at idle 54C

GPU 44.5c Idle.

Case is almost silent at idle.

Front fan: 500 to 50RPM at idle

CPU fan 500 RPM idle

Exhaust fan: 500 RPM idle.

CPU temp: 30c

No RGB. 

What Should I do for a Window mod?

Yes I like the BR drive and Front IO as it is setup now.

I bought this case because it is well made and thought out. As tight as it is, it is very open inside. I removed the CPU heatsink support and the 3 2.5" bay. I did this for function over form.

Forum signatures are not directed at you personally.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Middcore,

Just defending life choices.

Now from a more serious take,

The thing works well, and it's small enough to store in a closet, take to a Lan party, and set up quickly to game and browse while running cool and quiet.

Reflecting on the PC case industry, (in a whole in 2023)

Maybe that is cringe. 

Any lighting is in my 650D in a Minimal state.

5 minutes ago, Eric Kazer said:

Middcore,

Just defending life choices

Nobody attacked your life choices but we all suffer from insecurity from time to time.

Speaking of bad choices I will attempt a Noctua 200mm PWM fan if the front of the case. 2 sets of mounting holes, might fit, 20dba vs. 43 dba at top RPM.Nf-A20 PWM. Air penetrator that it in it now sounds like a jet when rpm rases. Also, not PWM and RPM curve sucks. Biggest and loudest fan in system.

6 hours ago, Eric Kazer said:

Speaking of bad choices I will attempt a Noctua 200mm PWM fan if the front of the case. 2 sets of mounting holes, might fit, 20dba vs. 43 dba at top RPM.Nf-A20 PWM. Air penetrator that it in it now sounds like a jet when rpm rases. Also, not PWM and RPM curve sucks. Biggest and loudest fan in system.

should be the same at 800 rpm thow

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Looks sweet!

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12

Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14

Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN850, SN850X

Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14

• 1 month later...

Wonder if I could fit a ROG  Strix RTX 3070ti in it. Also need 850 watt PSU. Ya that's a pain in the ass.

I did squeeze a Noctua NF-A20 into it. It's held in by friction force. The side panels just make it on and The bottom of the front panel has a slight gap. It's what I can do wiout cutting the case and I'm lazy.

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

Before cases were everywhere with windows we just modified the existing panels. Usually with plexiglass or acrylic, as it's easier to cut. Then cut the existing side panel.  Plus then you can make it whatever shape you want, here is one of my examples (from a long time ago):

3002mod2.jpg