Paid Youtube subscriptions officially launches

Speedstack79

This would only work for TV networks that want to move their content to Youtube for the sake of convenience. If any of the Youtubers I'm currently subscribed to decided to use paid subscription, well let's just say they're losing not just me as a sub, they'll probably also lose at least 80% if not more of their subs. 

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Only channel I recognize is The Young Turks and they seem to just be offering extra content that isn't on their main channel and charging $5 a month. Nothing premium just extra takes and stupid clips. Seems like a bad idea of per channel paid subscription. But Treehouse is only $4 so that's a major deal.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I don't like that idea at all. :/ Isn't Hulu and Netflix it's own thing for a reason?

CPU:4770k  Motherboard:Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero  RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance  GPU:MSI GeForce GTX 780 OC 6GB  CaseFractal Design Define R4 (Blackout Edition)  Storage:Samsung 840 EVO 120GB & 1TB WD Caviar Black PSU:Corsair RM 850  Display(s):BenQ 24" GL2450-B  Cooling:Corsair H75  Keyboard:Compaq (Generic)  Mouse:G500

all of these arn't available in my country (New Zealand) so that's interesting, I couldn't pay for one if I wanted it. I don't like this one bit :/

EDIT: That being said, netflix isn't avalible here either so it's not overly surprising

Glad to hear it :)

Personally I like the idea though, it will obviously only work for certain types of content, and may allow smaller production companies to get out there and earn some money on things like documentaries etc.

If this does take off I would really like to see their data rate limit raised, I forget what it is at the moment, but it's far too low for paid content.

Don't like this if current youtubers make their channels paid subscriptions, but i would totally subscribe to Franklin.

If any channels I have subbed to go paid, I will abandon them in a heartbeat. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I don't see this ever working for youtubers, maybe not even for ota network tv channels like ABC and the rest, but it could possibly work for premium networks like HBO and others.

I see this only working for things like Netflix' House of Cards style things. you can buy to watch a series or something along those lines, or to have free access to a certain channels databases. But as for something like Tech Tips ever being Paid? would never work. I love you Linus (platonicaly of course)  but I do NOT have the chase to shell out to watch you unbox and review things I can't already afford. About the only thing I would consider paying for is the live stream, but not much and even then I would have serious SERIOUS reservations about it. 

I'm in Taiwan and these paid channels are not available in my region just yet. So I think there is nothing I can comment.

This musician named Jack Conte opened a site called Patreon.com the other day, and it seems like a much better alternative to this Youtube thing.
The site basically works like Kickstarter, but instead of funding a big project, you fund continues content creation, by signing up to pay per video/song/etc automatically.. You can choose how much you wanna give yourself. Anything from 1 buck and up. You can even set a monthly limit on these payments to avoid breaking your budget.
Like Kickstarter, a few advantages comes along with paying. You'll get things like tutorials, secret videos, private Skype calls and so on.
I'm very excited about this new type of content payment. What do you guys think of this compared to youtube payments? Just as bad? Better? Viable option?

I'd sub to the livestream if it was 5+ times a week

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I live in India and it says that "This Paid Channel is unavailable in your country" Does anyone else have that.

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

I live in India and it says that "This Paid Channel is unavailable in your country" Does anyone else have that.

Yeah, I'm in Greece and not even 1 channel is available. 

"Save the cheerleader, save the world- Hiro Nakamura

The hero LinusTechTips forum deserves, but not the one it needs.

darth_vader_nooo_7675.jpeg

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

How much does the subscription costs?

Sony Vaio Pro 13 CPU:Haswell Core i5 4200U RAM: 4 GB GPU: HD4400 Storage: SSD Pci-e 128GB (Its really fast), External 1TB Seagate Expansion Drive Weight: 1.06kg (made of carbon fiber) 

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (4.4.2 Omnirom) 

How much does the subscription costs?

I think it may vary between channels. It's usually around the $3-$5 range, though.

Can't help but giggle a little at this payed channel ^__^

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

all of these arn't available in my country (New Zealand) so that's interesting, I couldn't pay for one if I wanted it. I don't like this one bit :/

EDIT: That being said, netflix isn't avalible here either so it's not overly surprising

US of Oceania often have to put up with so many absurd U.S. copyrights and things just not being supplied out here.