should i buy 4090? or wait for 5090?

Matingm
Go to solution Solved by Tan3l6,
3 minutes ago, Matingm said:

yeah. i want to know does it worth to wait?

Your choice. It will be faster, but some very good games are coming in 2023 if you want to play them at launch then the wait is not worth it.

hello. so for the past 2 years i had a gigabyte vision rtx 3070, it held good but recently it is not performing good not even like other 3070s that i see on the internet. i think it might be broken. so i was wondring if i should buy rtx 4090 or wait for rtx 5090 because im seeing the news about it. im not a rich guy so i need something to handle me for another 5 or 6 years. for the past 2 years i have saved up money for a new pc maybe in 2024 but now that my 3070 is dying im considering upgrading now. i have about 2400 saved up and im loking to buy Palit GeForce RTX 4090 GameRock    witch is about 2200. and im terrible with making Decisions like this. so what you all thinking?
my pc rig
ryzen 9 5950x
32 ram 3600mhx
rtx 3070
corsair hx1000

I think that if you want to get a 4090, you should try to get one close to the MSRP of $1600. You aren't really getting anything by spending an extra $600 on that Palit card. I know that MSRP 4090s are hard to come by, but if you're considering waiting for a 5090, then you should be able to wait a month or two for stock to stabilize.

3 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

I think that if you want to get a 4090, you should try to get one close to the MSRP of $1600. You aren't really getting anything by spending an extra $600 on that Palit card. I know that MSRP 4090s are hard to come by, but if you're considering waiting for a 5090, then you should be able to wait a month or two for stock to stabilize.

the problem is that in my country MSRP is non existing. they dont lower the prices and i cant buy from amazon because if i buy i will not have any warranty then. i think you would laugh if i say that rtx 3090 is now 2400 more than 4090.

8 minutes ago, Matingm said:

recently it is not performing good not even like other 3070s that i see on the internet

Ok so that is a bit tricky to answer. You should not compare unless they run exactly the same hardware as you and the game is running the exact same patch, which is very doubtful. Many factors can influence performance in games, most are related to software. Either you card works or it doesn't. It won't perform worse over time unless it get's clogged up with dust and throttles down. I'd look into that first and then keep saving up if you really want a 4090.

5 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

Ok so that is a bit tricky to answer. You should not compare unless they run exactly the same hardware as you and the game is running the exact same patch, which is very doubtful. Many factors can influence performance in games, most are related to software. Either you card works or it doesn't. It won't perform worse over time unless it get's clogged up with dust and throttles down. I'd look into that first and then keep saving up if you really want a 4090.

the pc is clean of dust i clean it every Month  and update it . like modern warfare 2 in the lowest setting possible im getting 40 50 fps. it should'nt be this low even with system differences 

1 minute ago, 8740359o said:

Don't. If you get an RX 7900 xtx it may not be quite as powerful as a 4090 but it's much cheaper and it has the added bonus of not catching on fire!

i have been seeing revies of it and people are saying it's not good. is it really good?

the pc is clean of dust i clean it every day and update it . like modern warfare 2 in the lowest setting possible im getting 40 50 fps. it should'nt be this low even with system differences 

The game runs like crap in general and one patch makes it better the next one tanks fps on the same settings. You may want to adjust the ingame settings for higher fps. My office pc has a 3080 and it doesn't perform much better by default. You can adjust the settings though to get more stable fps with little loss in visual quality.

6 minutes ago, Matingm said:

i have been seeing revies of it and people are saying it's not good. is it really good?

The ray tracing isn't the best so if you care about ray tracing a lot go Nvidia. However, on the flip side it outperforms the 4090 in a lot of games at 4k cranked to max and with an msrp of $999.99 (in the U.S) I'd say it's worth it!

5 minutes ago, 8740359o said:

The ray tracing isn't the best so if you care about ray tracing a lot go Nvidia. However, on the flip side it outperforms the 4090 in a lot of games at 4k cranked to max and with an msrp of $999.99 (in the U.S) I'd say it's worth it!

its not 999 here its 1600 at 4090 MSRP god my country is a joke

37 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

Also the official Founders Edition if you can find one (took me weeks of watching the NVIDIA site like a hawk) is easier to fit in most cases and the only card that I've seen at MSRP.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

5090 supposedly makes one of the biggest generational jumps some sources indicate...
But wasn't it for 2024 release?

I edit my posts more often than not

3 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

5090 supposedly makes one of the biggest generational jumps some sources indicate...
But wasn't it for 2024 release?

Your choice. It will be faster, but some very good games are coming in 2023 if you want to play them at launch then the wait is not worth it.

1 minute ago, aDoomGuy said:

In price right? 😅

XD

Just now, aDoomGuy said:

In price right? 😅

The inflation is at large!

Might as well wait for the 6090. I heard it will be better for both parties.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

57 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

XD

5 hours ago, Matingm said:

so i need something to handle me for another 5 or 6 years

honestly i think thats not possible (realistically) if you're already unhappy with the 3070 after two years...

i get it you said its broken, but that could just be the thermal paste drying up or something... did you check temps at all? are you overclocking? 

4 hours ago, Tan3l6 said:

some very good games are coming in 2023

Are they finally porting Kyoei Toshi? 😮

1 hour ago, Mick Naughty said:

4 years? ima ride that out no problem!  👀 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

18 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

4 years? ima ride that out no problem!  👀 

Not an issue for most. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz