Using IE now?

hoyda

Do you think IE is secure now with the Microsoft fix or still very vulnerable and I need to change my browser but I do not because I'm lazy?

IE was never secure to begin with, use firefox.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Do you do anything that makes you a target for any attack? I don't understand people who freak out for these things.  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

IE was never secure to begin with, use firefox.

use chrome

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

use chrome

Firefox.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Firefox.

chrome

i could do this all day

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

chrome

i could do this all day

Por-Que-No-Los-Dos.jpg

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

use chrome

Firefox Nightly with some changed dev settings is much faster than chrome, the only down side is if some process in the browser important crashes you need to restart the browser.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Por-Que-No-Los-Dos.jpg

4492720+_7ab5a22954b60f203426dcc8a2c8b25

@hoyda

IE has released the update its okey now

The reason i know this is becasue i just installed it yesterday :)

(Using w8.1) don't know about the older once

but check for updates and install it,then your good to go :D

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Por-Que-No-Los-Dos.jpg

Because chrome is from google, and google is the best.

jk I just like all the apps and functionality it has :D

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

IE is bad and always will  be. IE became bad as soon as M$ decided to ditch the industry standards for html and how the browser uses it. This is why all web developers hate IE as they have to write custom code just for IE and its "specialness".

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

No web browser is secure, however, every web browser do their best to be the most secure as possible.

The only problem that IE has, is that every couple of versions, to get the latest and greatest version, you need to upgrade Windows. So if you are the type that does that in any case, then great! no problem.

If you rely sticking with old trusty OS that you got accustom too, (example: stick with XP), then things aren't great for you in staying safe and secure. While yes, Microsoft did solve IE secure issue XP, it was done last (other IE version found in newer version of IE got the fix before), it is unknown if Microsoft pulled an exception as it was a serious security issue, or not.

Every now and then, you will have some important security issue found. Maybe next it will be Chrome or Firefox.

The key, most important thing, is: SAFE web browsing. This means know where you go, and what you download.

Sure, you can argue that you may have a security issue that could exists where a hacker can exploit it by tracking and attacking you directly, so visiting trusted sites is meaningless, as you can be compromised. However, these greatly exaggerated by the media type of security issues are unrealistic. Why would a hacker spend an entire day having a person via a web browser exploits, to hope that you go to a bank web site and steal your information to steal money from you, just to discover you have 100$ in the bank, or like many people, in debt, and have no money to take. Not worth it's time. Time that could be better spent, and more valuable to attack companies, to steal their information to sale at the black market.

IE is bad and always will  be. IE became bad as soon as M$ decided to ditch the industry standards for html and how the browser uses it. This is why all web developers hate IE as they have to write custom code just for IE and its "specialness".

Actually, IE had 90% or so market share. It was a point of pushing the internet in its direction. Microsoft has done it, because the industry standard web languages were just not moving. Ok it was, but at super snail paste.

The problem is that the direction that Microsoft took IE, wasn't what the web became, and what the standards developed to be. And also, because when you have such a large market share, you have pretty much 0 competitor, you naturally don't really care much. That is why competition is good.

Today, IE11 is MUCH better than before. Still not amazingly best, but it does have super strong points such as:

-> Very light on system resource when page renders, maximizing greatly battery life of mobile computers.

-> Best touch experience by a VERY large margin (night and day), and I am not talking about the Windows 8 App (Modern UI) IE, I mean on the desktop.

-> High-DPI aware

-> Smoothest and more responsive zooming and scrolling experience. (Fells like you are on a very good, state of the art, powerful smartphone or tablet).

-> Fastest cold startup

-> Works well on low powered computers.

IE11 still need some more polishing to reach Firefox and Chrome goodness, but it is incredibly close. The big feature it lacks are add-ons.

technically chrome has more vulnerabilities than IE, actually.

motivation or source, please

motivation or source, please

I can't find it anymore since the internet is filled with inflammatory shit and money grubbing sensational journalism

basically IE has less exploits than Chrome, but that indicates number only, not severity. IIRC Tek syndicate covered it not too long ago as well. 

Error: 410

IE has released the update its okey now

The reason i know this is becasue i just installed it yesterday :)

Do you think IE is secure now with the Microsoft fix or still very vulnerable and I need to change my browser but I do not because I'm lazy?

actually.... :P

Chrome%2Bvs%2BIE.jpg

I can't find it anymore since the internet is filled with inflammatory shit and money grubbing sensational journalism

basically IE has less exploits than Chrome, but that indicates number only, not severity. IIRC Tek syndicate covered it not too long ago as well. 

actually i don't trust reviews/benchmarks/tests about browsers anymore, you can find 10 benches with 10 different results, and all of them will be different from what you would actually experience trying out the bloody browser

anyway, IE is very good imo, even linus isn't giving up on it (yet)

if you don't have problems with it, and you didn't use to use particular plugins, i think you can happily stay with it

technically chrome has more vulnerabilities than IE, actually.

True, Chrome actually does have more vulnerabilities than IE.

People need to let go of their past-perceptions and realize Microsoft in 2014 isn't the same Microsoft from 1999.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

use chrome

were google sels all of you're typed in strokes for ads :) Firefox FTW!!!!!!!

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

were google sels all of you're typed in strokes for ads :)Chrome FTW!!!!!!!

actually i don't trust reviews/benchmarks/tests about browsers anymore

That's like saying you don't trust CNN to tell you that there are 50 states in America. It's not from a review, benchmark, test, or any sort of opinion.

it's empirical fact

Error: 410

....how are they not benchmarks if they're measuring speed using a standardized test?

That's like saying you don't trust CNN to tell you that there are 50 states in America. It's not from a review, benchmark, test, or any sort of opinion.

it's empirical fact

internet explorer just has less known vulnerabilities, but that doesn't mean that it's safer, even though if you take a graph and slap in all the browsers with the relatives vulnerabilties count, it will look like IE is a fantastic safe

but, as a good man once said on the internet

the statistics are like a short skirt: they show a lot; but they never reveal the essential

it's just obvious that chrome and firefox have more known vulnerabilities: anybody can see their source codes

but if you take a look at pwn2own, you see that every year, IE is always the first browser to be cracked, and IE11 on win 8.1 makes no exception

so it may even be empirical data, but the conclusion that you can take from empirical data can still be wrong if you interpret it the wrong way