Girls (I know, another one of these)

Shd0w2

Just be honest with her if you don't have money.

Thats a bad idea.

"Sorry I could only buy you a plastic ring for the dollar store, my new GTXUberTitan stole the rest of my money :C Will you marry me?"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Thats a bad idea.

"Sorry I could only buy you a plastic ring for the dollar store, my new GTXUberTitan stole the rest of my money :C Will you marry me?"

Well... That's a huge problem. For one, why a Titan when you could buy a GTX 780 (Ti) or R9 290(X) - wow, I just included tech in a relationship thread? Two, I don't think anyone would appreciate you buying something that expensive over something like dinner, groceries, movie tickets, clothes, or a wedding ring. Three, that's extreme, I'm talking about being young and in love and not being able to go watch a movie or take her somewhere else out for some time (until your paycheck). Four, you can still take a walk in the park and/or watch the sunset with her. Or am I too romantic and old-fashioned? And five, I'm just trying to be optimistic here.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Well... That's a huge problem. For one, why a Titan when you could buy a GTX 780 (Ti) or R9 290(X) - wow, I just included tech in a relationship thread? Two, I don't think anyone would appreciate you buying something that expensive over something like dinner, groceries, movie tickets, clothes, or a wedding ring. Three, that's extreme, I'm talking about being young and in love and not being able to go watch a movie or take her somewhere else out for some time (until your paycheck). Four, you can still take a walk in the park and/or watch the sunset with her. Or am I too romantic and old-fashioned? And five, I'm just trying to be optimistic here.

Who said anything about a Titan? Im talking about the GTXUberTitan that costs $99 999.99 with 69 petaflops of computing power, coming in Q3 of 2033

It costs about the same as a girl.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

*highfive for being romantic & oldfashoned* i completely agree, although it would be awesome to be able to say that 'I have a GTX Titan in my system' the signifigant other (if i had one) still out ranks the computer.

Who said anything about a Titan? Im talking about the GTXUberTitan that costs $99 999.99 with 69 petaflops of computing power, coming in Q3 of 2033

It costs about the same as a girl.

Nuh uh! Girls cost 1 cent more, doofus! And the R21 995X3 costs less and is more powerful than the GTXSUCKTitan while generating realistic volcanic temperatures so you simulate hell on earth, you lepton!

*highfive for being romantic & oldfashoned* i completely agree, although it would be awesome to be able to say that 'I have a GTX Titan in my system' the signifigant other (if i had one) still out ranks the computer.

The sad part is, I'm a millennial and I find going out in "old fashioned" ways like star-gazing, watching sunsets, walking by rivers, lakes, etc., more romantic and worth it than picking up someone from a bar or club. I don't dance, but I would be okay with slow dances over whatever the hell goes on dance floors nowadays. Also, someone you love is worth more than anything in the world.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Nuh uh! Girls cost 1 cent more, doofus! And the R21 995X3 costs less and is more powerful than the GTXSUCKTitan while generating realistic volcanic temperatures so you simulate hell on earth, you lepton!

Nuuuu if you cool it with methylated spirits with 20% liquid swag you can get some awesome -356*C ! FROZEN hell on earth! :D Even bettah!

Spoiler

Nuuuu if you cool it with methylated spirits with 20% liquid swag you can get some awesome -356*C ! FROZEN hell on earth! :D Even bettah!

Brah, the tears and blood from the green team fuels the fiery, passionate, and lusty R21 995X3... Wait a minute, what the hell did I just type?

Brah, the tears and blood from the green team fuels the fiery, passionate, and lusty R21 995X3... Wait a minute, what the hell did I just type?

R21 995X3 = 500MW nuclear induction heater

EDIT- i just noticed we are arguing about imaginary video cards xD

Spoiler

R21 995X3 = 500MW nuclear induction heater

EDIT- i just noticed we are arguing about imaginary video cards xD

B-but nuclear power, man! It's like, totally rad and nuke-tastic!

nuclear-fallout.jpg

Edit: Almost derailed a thread.

Shd0w2, on 02 May 2014 - 8:44 PM, said:

I'll briefly explain her:

Extremely smart, so am I, so its not like she'd get bored with me.

She's cute, to me atleast, which is all I need

I'm 99% sure she's not a guy.

I find myself happy with her whenever we talk together.

She's really really atheltic.

So overall, me, being semi athletic and super techy, and her being really athletic and not the most advanced or good with tech, but can learn.

So in that sense, we are kind of opposites, but, don't opposites attract? Also, I already find myself getting more active and doing new things with her, and teaching and showing her things of my own.

That pretty much sums up my life right there, haha... I need to look into a few things...

Good luck!~

I do wot m8.. I PLAY WORLD OF TANKS M8

show her ur rig...and about ur interests...see how she reacts and her expressions... :P

Here's my suggestion. You do need to give hints that you are interested in her. Just asking her out straight up might scare her quite a bit. Show her that u do care for her, sometimes show some manliness also (not like macho stuff, but u know what i mean: like pulling her in when a car passes by and pulling the chair for her etc.). Then u should see if she has interest in u or not. Cause you don't want to make this relationship bad don't you? If she's worth that much then I guess u could try asking her one day "do u want to go see the movies?". "have a cup of coffee?", etc. Those generic stuff works, hence that's why they exist. If u keep showing her ur more than just a friend to her then u'll probably have more chance then. Hope this helps.

Did you say school year ending?

Heres what works:

Spend the whole summer together.

Go do stuff, lots of stuff, with eachother. Don't make any sudden moves, but always stay teetering on the edge like you're too stubborn or nervous to know what to do, she might think its cute.

Meet her friends, befriend her friends, make sure that you get to know everything about her and show her that you want to get to know her better and the people she hangs out with other than you.

Next, nearing the end of summer, make sure that you guys do something alone, something different, not something cheesy like the movies.  For me, it was watching a meteor shower, and tell her how you feel about her, and tell her that you've really enjoyed the summer you spent together, and the last 2 years of your friendship and you wouldn't have rather spent it with anyone else.  Make sure that she understands what you feel about her, and be honest, just like how you were in your OP.  Don't lie, even a little.  I'm talking don't even tell her you like ketchup on your fries if you don't kid, because somehow it will bite you in the ass later down the line.

Anyway, tell her how you feel and that it's totally up to her if she thinks that you guys could be in a relationship.  Make her do the decision, because trust me, you already have at even this point right now on these forums.

If she says yes, then you can't go back.  If you break up, let it be graceful, and try to remain close friends.  If she says no, that is totally fine, because it means that you guys can remain super close awesome friends.

BUT.  There are no guarantees for anything after this.  I played all my cards right, got the girl, dated for 10 months, and then BOOM.

Out of nowhere she says "We just don't work" after 10 months, shatters my heart a few weeks before christmas! And then 3 months after we break up starts dating an older alcoholic party animal.

Needless to say, having been super close tell-you-everything friends for almost 7 years, and dating on and off, we don't talk anymore.  Funny how that works, isn't it?

So kid, go for it.  I hope that it ends better for you than it did for me.  And even if it doesn't, you'll damn sure have alot of fun in the middle that you'll never forget :)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz Motherboard: MSI Z87 G43 RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked Case: Bitfenix Ronin

Storage: 120 GB Samsung 840 series SSD, WD Green 2TB PSU: XFX core edition 650W Display(s): ASUS VE228H 21.5IN 1080P Cooling: CM Hyper 212+

Keyboard: Microsoft P.O.S Mouse: Corsair Raptor M40 Sound: Sennheiser PC 330 Headset

Did you say school year ending?

Heres what works:

Spend the whole summer together.

Go do stuff, lots of stuff, with eachother. Don't make any sudden moves, but always stay teetering on the edge like you're too stubborn or nervous to know what to do, she might think its cute.

Meet her friends, befriend her friends, make sure that you get to know everything about her and show her that you want to get to know her better and the people she hangs out with other than you.

Next, nearing the end of summer, make sure that you guys do something alone, something different, not something cheesy like the movies.  For me, it was watching a meteor shower, and tell her how you feel about her, and tell her that you've really enjoyed the summer you spent together, and the last 2 years of your friendship and you wouldn't have rather spent it with anyone else.  Make sure that she understands what you feel about her, and be honest, just like how you were in your OP.  Don't lie, even a little.  I'm talking don't even tell her you like ketchup on your fries if you don't kid, because somehow it will bite you in the ass later down the line.

Anyway, tell her how you feel and that it's totally up to her if she thinks that you guys could be in a relationship.  Make her do the decision, because trust me, you already have at even this point right now on these forums.

If she says yes, then you can't go back.  If you break up, let it be graceful, and try to remain close friends.  If she says no, that is totally fine, because it means that you guys can remain super close awesome friends.

BUT.  There are no guarantees for anything after this.  I played all my cards right, got the girl, dated for 10 months, and then BOOM.

Out of nowhere she says "We just don't work" after 10 months, shatters my heart a few weeks before christmas! And then 3 months after we break up starts dating an older alcoholic party animal.

Needless to say, having been super close tell-you-everything friends for almost 7 years, and dating on and off, we don't talk anymore.  Funny how that works, isn't it?

So kid, go for it.  I hope that it ends better for you than it did for me.  And even if it doesn't, you'll damn sure have alot of fun in the middle that you'll never forget :)

Thanks. I already mess around with her friends during classes sometimes, they have fun, so I think they wouldn't mind me with her IF it works :P 

But yeah, thanks, seems like you spent a lot of time doing this and writing this, many thanks :)

Diamond 5 in League :)