Hotel Pricing for LTX 2023

Esemes16
4 hours ago, Esemes16 said:

I was considering something like that, but how far from the convention center is it?

The place i found is only 12 minutes away

12 hours ago, SxID117 said:

I booked a home on VRBO for thursday to tuesday for $1400 CAD. originally i had booked a similar home for the same tIme period for $800 CAD but they delisted the property to cancel my reservation and relist it for that price nightly.

It seems like a lot of these rental properties have raised there rates knowing how sold out everything is in the area.

This is generally why I avoid AirBNB and similar services.  Say what you will, Marriott isn't gonna cancel my reservation so they can sell the room to someone else for more money. 😛

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

Gaming PC #3: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-G, 16B DDR3, XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB

WFH PC: Intel i7 4790, Asus B85M-F, 16GB DDR3, Gigabyte Radeon RX 6400 4GB

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

UnRAID #2: Intel E5-2603v2, Asus P9X79 LE, 24GB DDR3, Radeon HD 5450

MiniPC: BeeLink SER6 6600H w/ Ryzen 5 6600H, 16GB DDR5 
Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

Steam Deck w/ 2TB SSD Upgrade

On 4/4/2023 at 11:02 AM, Esemes16 said:

I ended up having to change my stay and had to re-book. I was able to move to the Moda Hotel, a bit more expensive but a bit closer.

Edit: moved again, found for a bit more expensive another slightly closer hotel at the Blue Horizon Hotel

Was saving a couple of minutes of walking really worth it?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

Honestly, I'd say that all of Downtown Vancouver is reasonably walkable to the convention centre, unless you're doing the LAN and have to lug a PC around.  But if you're in that far, taxis exist for a reason.  The core downtown the most you'll walk is 25mins.  If you can't walk that far to the centre, you're not going to survive the hours walking around inside the centre.

Desktop: Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, Creative Sound Blaster AE-7

Gaming PC #2: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Asus TUF Gaming B550M-Plus, 32GB DDR4, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1080

UnRAID #1: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Plus, 64GB DDR4, Radeon HD 5450

Windows XP Retro PC: Intel i3 3250, Asus P8B75-M LX, 8GB DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 6850, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy

Windows 9X Retro PC: Intel E5800, ASRock 775i65G r2.0, 1GB DDR1, AGP Sapphire Radeon X800 Pro, Creative Sound Blaster Live!

On 4/10/2023 at 2:17 AM, dizmo said:

I had to reschedule for other reasons, and conveniently found a place closer. But just for walking time, not worth the extra $100 a night to save 2 minutes each direction.

Have you tried restarting it?

It would be entirely feasible to charter a cruise ship and sell tickets to the cabins for the days of the event. It would depend on whether the cruise ship terminal would rent out a berth for the time cheap enough. 

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

47 minutes ago, Mentalguy said:

It would be entirely feasible to charter a cruise ship and sell tickets to the cabins for the days of the event. It would depend on whether the cruise ship terminal would rent out a berth for the time cheap enough. 

At that point wouldn't it be cheaper to hold the event on the ship itself? Not that this is a bad idea, this would bump.

1 hour ago, Esemes16 said:

At that point wouldn't it be cheaper to hold the event on the ship itself? Not that this is a bad idea, this would bump.

It would have to be one of the largest ships, they have a max allowable number of people on at a time.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

• 2 months later...

Did you try looking at AirBnB? Much better deals and much prettier locations. I have not stayed at a hotel in years.

I found that a hostel was the way to go for me. It was about $40 a night when I made my reservation.

On 7/3/2023 at 11:59 PM, minibeas said:

Did you try looking at AirBnB? Much better deals and much prettier locations. I have not stayed at a hotel in years.

I've heard horror stories about AirBNBs where you have to do the owner's laundry and watch their dog and stuff. I don't want to risk dealing with that. Maybe next year when I try and do this a bit more cost effectively I'll check it out.

7 hours ago, Esemes16 said:

I've heard horror stories about AirBNBs where you have to do the owner's laundry and watch their dog and stuff. I don't want to risk dealing with that. Maybe next year when I try and do this a bit more cost effectively I'll check it out.

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents, if you have proof (e.g text messages, physical paper notices, etc.) that they're requesting you do more then was listed or is generally deemed appropriate (like taking out your trash for example) then you can always contact AirBnB support (as they've been known to be somewhat helpful in certain cases) or even dispute the charge on your Credit Card since one could make the argument that you didn't really get what you paid for, but whether that's something you'd want to risk is up to you 🙂

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I may have made a grave mistake, but I booked a bed at a hostel. Name is Samesun Vancouver. Anybody know if I should start panicking?

May the Bits ever flip in your favour

11 hours ago, Hamcheeks said:

I don't know if I may have made a grave mistake, but I booked a bed at a hostel. Name is Samesun Vancouver. Anybody know if I should start panicking?

The main thing is that you're leaving that Hostel with everything you own.  Unlike a hotel, you can't just 'leave your stuff there' until you checkout.  If you leave the Hostel mid day to go to LTX, you better have everything on you.

5 hours ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Surely there will be many hot girls going to LTX to bunk with. 

Profile pic checks out

5 hours ago, CerealExperimentsLain said:

The main thing is that you're leaving that Hostel with everything you own.  Unlike a hotel, you can't just 'leave your stuff there' until you checkout.  If you leave the Hostel mid day to go to LTX, you better have everything on you.

I certainly planned it that way. Everything I need to bring with me is going in my backpack. Might even pick up an LTT backpack while I'm there and use that to ship con swag home in the checked baggage compartment.