Summer Job? Teens? Looky here...

Fred Castellum

Looks like teens are getting lazier...

Doesn't surprise me but I didn't think it was this drastic.

SOURCE: http://www.marketwatch.com/story/american-teens-dont-want-to-work-2014-05-01

It's not just American teens. It's teens all over the world. Most kids my age don't have any work ethic. Most just want to get paid for doing fuck all. It's terrible what society has amounted to. It frustrates me that teens like myself who have an actual work ethic are forced to work for minimum wage when their pulling the slack for the co-workers. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I got a summer job :) only issue is, im also 24.... :(

Hahaha you don't count then ya glorious bastard. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I have to focus on school and i go on holidays a lot so there is no time for work (PS i am turning 16 soon)

Spoiler

Samung Tab S 8.4

I need to get one.. Maybe at my local PC repair store

Diamond 5 in League :)

I just hope during the summer I can sleep off thirty pounds

Doesn't seem like a efficient way to lose weight to me... lol... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I don't think it's getting lazy, I just think kids want to have fun with their friends instead of doing a boring job they hate.

I was supposed to get a job earlier in the year, but nooooo....

That didn't happen.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Doesn't seem like a efficient way to lose weight to me... lol...

I could stop drinking half a case of soda a day but that's too much a sacrifice

i want doing somthing i like, witch i ref ball hockey keeps me active and i like, and i hope to get a summer job next year at future shop or best buy or the local gametrader. (cant get one this year as im 13 and Saskatchewan  you can work at 14)

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

I don't think it's getting lazy, I just think kids want to have fun with their friends instead of doing a boring job they hate.

Maybe but it isn't going to be fun and games forever. And even so it seems like there is a lack of drive to want to do work. 

I could stop drinking half a case of soda a day but that's too much a sacrifice

What the... i soda such a necessity to ya? sounds like you drink it like water. Bad for your health I tell ya... 

If you can afford it I see no reason why you should be looked down on for wanting your vacation to be an actual vacation. I've never had a summer job, my summer has always been reserved for cars, photography and hanging out with friends. I'm open for business the rest of the year though.

This doesn’t mean that teens are simply tanning by the pool or binge-watching Bravo (though some certainly are). Challenger says that many teens are in summer school (rates of summer school attendance are at one of the highest levels ever, he says), volunteering, doing extracurricular activities to pad their college applications and trying out unpaid internships. And all of these are worthwhile endeavors (well, minus the tanning and Bravo), especially as it becomes more competitive to get into many elite colleges.

That said, experts say that paid work has value for a number of reasons — and that teens (even those who plan to go to college) who don’t do it may be at a disadvantage. “It’s critical for teenagers to work, to begin to understand the working world, the value of a paycheck” says Gene Natali, co-author of “The Missing Semester” and a senior vice president at Pittsburgh investment firm C.S. McKee. “Choosing not to work a paid job has consequences.”

Taken directly from the article. The lack of work experience does sting especially when the state your in has a low unemployment rate compared to your neighbors. 

Maybe but it isn't going to be fun and games forever. And even so it seems like there is a lack of drive to want to do work.

No, but life is fucking awful most of the time, so I don't blame people for rtrying to make it fun for as long as they can. If I had friends to go out with in the Summer then I would.

I'm almost 17 and I'm getting 2 jobs + mowing once a week, gotta pay for computer parts somehow!

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Getting lazier? I don't have any summer jobs either simply because I can afford the stuff I want

Only reason I would be doing summer jobs is for a car, which is in 1 year

I would do anything just to have a job.

Try getting one here...

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Well the dark alley always paid better than McDonalds and was off the books anyway.

ez pesos for you youngin's

Error: 410

Well the dark alley always paid better than McDonalds and was off the books anyway.

ez pesos for you youngin's

o.0 sounds pretty illegal to me lol....

FdvIQIV.gif

And here i'm 21 and I have never worked in my life. 

And here i'm 21 and I have never worked in my life. 

Your ass is in Germany I don't know how the economy is over there. 

Hey more jobs for me xD, I never understood people complaining about work, like when I worked at Mcdonald's people use to say o I hate it her, why do I need to do this? Like come on you get payed 200$ every 2 weeks (which for a minor like myself wasn't that bad). Today's teenagers is used to their dad/mom's buying them Jordan's man.. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Your ass is in Germany I don't know how the economy is over there. 

We are one of the finacealy strongest  (i think top 3) countires on the world so yeah. But i'm actually getting money from my partens. Normally I could get money because I'm a student but my parents have too much money for me to get it. (There is like a max amount of money your parents can have and if it's exceeded they'll you to get money from your parents and won't give you a penny.) Also the american system is like really fucked up. Isn't it like 200 Grands for half ass decent education? Here I pay like 500€ per semester for going to the university. That's almost nothing compared to what you guys have to pay.  I'm happy that I don't have to work for a living but I'd like to have ''hard earned'' money. The struggle is real.