Age when you got your first PC

3 years old. 14 now

I've been an avid fan of PCs since I was a wee lad

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

When I was 10 I started playing Total War games on my newly build pc

I would say 10.

But seriously, according to some of the ages listed. This is how I imagine it. 

baby-on-computer.jpg

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

When I was about 3 or 4 years old I played those educational games from hamy-down computers (about 2002-2003). In 2011 my dad refused to buy me a console but I got a macbook instead, total piece of crud. Early this year I got my decent desktop PC and I am no longer a scrub like last year.

"The best solution to a problem is usually the easiest one" - GLaDOS 2011

Specs here if needed: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/HVf6f7

Thanks, bai!

Very late around 13-14, I remember having no interest in anything at all when I was 12, suddenly I had interest in computers, I spent my whole summer learning and studying about computers

age 10 when i got my first computer and after a month it started dying, blue screens etc

i got it apart and couldnt put it back together ,then after 3-4 hours i finaly managed to do it :D

but it had the same problem ,i strated to play around in the bios(didnt even knoiw what it was at the time) and i found out that the base freq of the processor was highered by someone (not me ,probably my younger bro did it who knows) and after a reset it worked  :D

i was so happy that i got into it more and more after time

Probably 8 or 7? Lol, it's been quite a while and I can't recall that much of it xD 

People need to stop comparing brands and cause a shitstorm of trolling and pointless insults.  :ph34r: 

16. didn't get my own until i was 17.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I tinkered with computers (and by that I mean plugging in VGA and power cables) since I was about 9. Building computers since about 14.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

13 is when I really started spending a lot of time learning about tech, but I've been using pcs since I was a small child.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Like 4 years old I was gaming. At 11 I remember making a text based RPG in BlitzBasic, which was pretty cool. Started coding again more recently.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

7, but never really devoted much time until 12.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

I guess about 12 or 13...

Gamed from age 8 tho. (kids games from 3)

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I was given a ZX Spectrum at the age of 4. I played with it for along time then got the idea to modify it. Which is what led me to become an electrical engineer.

You break it, you buy it.

I break it, I buy it, take it home, reverse engineer it, begin manufacture, sell the product and put the other company out of business.

I would say 10.

But seriously, according to some of the ages listed. This is how I imagine it. 

baby-on-computer.jpg

Lol he looks 2

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

I was around hmmm...... 6-7, paying Need For Speed Underground on the computers at my mom and dads work. Dat computer tho.  We still have them, stuffed in the closet,non-operational, full of dust, and really old Pentiums.  #that fps tho

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I've never not owned a PC (mom gave her old ones so I was using Windows ME straight outta the womb) but didn't truly get into PC's until around Christmas when my dad bought me a laptop. Up until then, I'd been using a ten year old iMac which had served me well but was so slow. The little Lenovo S210 got me into computers.

Doesn't change the fact that the battery life is bullsh*t...

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I bulit my first computer with my dad when I was 5 y.o. I played Colin Mcrae 2005, NFS MW, CS 1.6 and I had a bunch of emulators.

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-4690K  MOBO: Asus Z97 PRO  RAM: 16GB Kingston GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 980 CASE: Cooler Master SSD: Samsung EVO 850 240GB  HDD: 2TB WD Red PSU: CX750M  CPU COOLER: 212 Evo CASE FANS: Cooler Master

It happened to me pretty late, which is surprising because my dad was huge into building his own PCs and I spent my entire childhood surrounded by modern (for the time) PCs. I didn't really start getting into computers at a level beyond "look, bigger numbers!" until I bought my first laptop Sophomore year of college, which was a direct result of downloading that free copy of Portal to my old hand-me-down laptop and getting frustrated that it couldn't run some of the later levels.

I think part of why I didn't get an earlier start, is because my dad actively tried to get me interested in PCs with a poorly executed attempt at explaining binary to me as an attention-deficit child. From then on, computers and CS were simply something boring that I didn't fully understand, and I never really found myself in a position where that could change until I realized it could impact my ability to play a fun video game.

4 when I learnt what MS Pinball was.  That started a long and dangerous journey of trying to find a way into computers which has led me down this path of becoming a systems engineer currently.  Don't ask.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Played with computers at 5, First thing was a PS1 at ~4 years of age

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China