Age when you got your first PC

Around when I was 12 or so. Been playing with them since I was like 5 or so but started building my own, overclocking, etc. a few years ago. Me and my dad bought a computer for gaming when I was younger for $600 or so and it wasn't cutting it so I upgraded it myself and been fascinated with it ever since.

i have been into computers for almost my whole life (but i knew basically nothing until about 15) and i finished my first computer the day after my 16th birthday   

my computer beats all computers in a 1,000 NM radius

I had a PC since i was 6.

I was mainly gaming and not that much into hardware itself but i managed to switch some RAM and GPUs here and there.

I went full out on PC hardware last year when i built my PC, so age 21.

who cares...

For me, It was about 4-6, I think, I'm not sure, my sister was studying Networking at the time so she taught me and my sibling about computers.... using Command Line! After that, it was a matter of time before gaming started, then I got my own PC, dwell a lot into it both hardware and software, and soon I'll be starting a diploma in Programming because........ I still have no idea why I'm choosing it, I just like it. But darn my lack of (real-life) social interaction is impairing my ability to.... er... socialize.

10,I guess. when my dad buy a new pre-build PC with PES 2011

I was a PC Gamer when I was 3. Playing Sonic the Hedgehog on a Genesis Emulator on an off-white computer. 

When I was about 4 or 5 I was given the educational game Reader Rabbit, but I'm now trying to save up to build my first PC.

READER RABBBIT YASS!

This is why I am  smart now

Z0035316.jpg

When I was around 5 or 6 maybe...

Desktop: Fractel Design R5 - i5 4670K @ stock - Asrock Z97 Extreme 4 - 16GB @ 1600MHz - Asus GTX 970 - Corsair RM650 - OCZ Vector 150 240GB - WD Blue 500GB - Noctua NH-D15

Peripherals & OS: KBC Poker 2 MX Blue - Zowie FK2 - Audio-technica ATH-M50s - Audioengine D1- Windows 10 Pro Monitor: Asus PA248Q 1920x1200

READER RABBBIT YASS!

This is why I am  smart now

Z0035316.jpg

Finally someone else who knows about reader rabbit, thought I was the only one!

Check out my youtube channel and website where I unbox and review tech, and on the occasion discuss tech news.

www.youtube.com/princestech & www.thetechprince.com (primary)

www.youtube.com/houstontexanfan123

Wow, ya'll make me feel like I got in late. I was knowledgeless until I was like 15. Then I learned of Skyrim mods and I set out to build a PC... and now at 17, I know quite a bit :)

When I was around 10 on one of these beasts. Masterrace before it was a thing.

A1000.jpg

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

As long as I can remember, really.  I got my first PC when I was 3 or 4, my dad got one from his work they were throwing out, as they upgraded to the new OS "Windows XP"

The first computer I played with was when I was maybe 2, it was a compaq running windows ME, I still have the monitor from it, though the tower was screwed up (It would just freeze on a black screen on boot, you'd open the case and disconnect the FDD and reconnect and it'd start)  Fun times.

Back when i was a kid, and since know one knew anything about computers, when my mom finally got one, i had to figure everything out by myself, and i did.

I got  into  computers quite late comparied to many of my friends, as my family was never very tech savvy. I was also  a conolse kid.  My frist expreinces were playing games like the sims and Halo 1 and 2.  Years pasted and it was around 14 years old when i really got interested in computers. Lucky for  my unlce was a IT techician and intoduced me to it.

I had gotten a Nintendo 64 when I was around 3 or 4 years old. Spent a lot of time playing, and by the time I had become 8 years old, we got a family computer. We were a low income family, so while I got things I never really asked for, I really enjoyed them a lot. I honestly never asked for an N64 or a computer, but I'm really glad we got them. I swear I wasn't spoiled!

The first family computer was by a small Chicago company (That no longer exists, honestly don't know the details though) called Nec-Sia, Inc. It had a Nec Motherboard with an Intel Celeron [800Mhz|256KB|133Mhz|1.7V], 64MB of RAM, 30GB WD HDD, 230W PSU and Intel Integrated graphics. Around that time, my dad told me that the computer had costed him around $800 with an 800x600 monitor, speakers, pretty much all the average peripherals. By the time I was 10 years old, I could take the thing completely apart and back together on my own. I had no one teach me anything, I had to learn everything on my own and to be honest I feel that I never quite learned enough. Too much info!

Later on was given my own computer, an eMachines with an AMD Sempron 2300+, it didn't last me long, but it was my first introduction into AMD. I never knew they existed before then. A few years later we got a Gateway GZ7108TV as a family computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.50 Ghz CPU, but the thing suffered a lot from thermal throttling that it gave me an everlasting hatred of Intel chips. Go team AMD!

Now onto the current PC, which is one I built myself when I became 18 years old. I never had any money and my parents couldn't afford to fund my build, so I went off to college and tried a fair amount to do well. Though I ultimately failed, but found a pleasant surprise that I was given a check from the grant money I didn't spend. So that's what ended up funding my build. My failure in college ended up funding the thing that would keep me locked inside my room for the next 3 years. Watta happy ending!

I do leave the house to take walks and hang with friends every once in a while,  I also build, fix and maintain computers for friends and family, though I do it for free. I treat it as practice.

(I probably should've kept this waaay shorter, but just incase someone likes reading. Please don't mind me.)

Back when i was in kindergarden (1999) and we just got our first PC a dell diminesion something. and having dial up thorugh aol. being as young as I was i figuerd out internet was internet, after connecting via aol i was able to get un restricted access to websites via Internet Explorer. also snooping and figuring out my moms PW to get access to aol instant messenger.

great success

I say this because, I had a very bad Gypsie attack...they stole my wife, plow... and they touch my horse in a very bad way... he got very depressed.

Mid 90's we got our first computer. Buit first computer when i was 13/14 back in 02.

About 7 years old I sarted playing Sims 2 and online flash player games but the real stuff at 10-11 years old.

some say I was born with a CPU in my hands

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

Back in December 2013... When I wanted a desktop as a Christmas gift :D

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

7 i started doing some trouble shooting for my parents using youtube and then at 14 i began building commuters to save for a car