Age when you got your first PC

Compared to most of you guys, I got into tech pretty late.

I started getting into consumer electronics in 8th grade (like 12 or 13 years old) and really got into it in high school. I'm currently in 11th grade :P

I still haven't my custom pc yet lol but it doesn't seem so hard after watching so many Linus's and other tech videos, but the thing is that I don't game so I don't really have a need for a new pc lol

CPU: 5820K GPU: Gigabyte G1 970 RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Mobo: EVGA m-ATX Cooler: Corsair H100i Case: Xigmatek Aquila PSU: NZXT 700W Monitors: 2 x Wasabi Mango (1440p)

Do you play Go/Baduk/Weiqi? I am AGA 4D.

"We do not shop by brand, we shop by what delivers us the best performance, features and quality for the money we're spending" - Linus (Techquickie)

I started playing PC games around 14 (Warcraft 2, Starcraft, Age of Empires) but I didn't really get into computers until after high school and able to buy my own which was a custom built PC (Athalon XP 1800, GeForce 2, 40GB HDD). From there I started buying/adding more HDD's, RAM, CD Burner, etc and learning how to install hardware, load drivers and it quickly became an addictive hobby.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

Technically, I got into computers when I was 4 or 5 years old. It wasn't until I was 12 or 13 when I decided I was going to start building computers.

Every topic I post in dies.

5-6, with a win '98 laptop. But i really started building pcs at 10-11

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus

Mine was definitely from a young age, around about the age of 4-5 the first two games I played then were Age of Empires 2 and Lemmings. Great games and I still play them today. Building them was when I got around 8-9 since I used them so often.

7 on an old single core athlon gaming ithought it was amazing and when my mom and dad bought me a mac i thought the intel integrated grahics were great

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

Linus was who really go me into hardware i was already into software at the time

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I was around 6ish and played Comanche 4. Then I figured out how to get more games till, I couldn't run one. I looked up how to make your computer run faster and came across linustechtips his older videos..... wow...

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

i was around 7

my mom could do "cool" stuff on a computer and I wanted to be able to do the same + more.. and it just went on and on from there

During my freshman year of high school. My grandfather, who is really into computers himself, invited me to help build one for my parents everyday use. I really enjoyed it and it led to me wanting to build my own and led to my interest in both computers and what makes them work.

Something, something, something, famous quote, computer specs, and stuff...

1993. Playing Gorillas in QBasic.

Played it with my brother forever. I was 6 at the time.

Me too but I was around 10 at the time.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Technically 1, cause thats the age i played my first computer game at. realistically around 8

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

When I was 3-4 and playing 3D Pinball non stop.

When I was 5-6 I played HL1, TF, BattleZone, and a few others on my Dell something that I still have and still am able to use.

I can take a pic of my Half Life complete pack if any of you guys want.

Yes I own an Alienware, yes I overpaid for it, yes it runs Battlefield 4 on Ultra at 80-85FPS, yes I like it, yes I can game at Starbucks, are we done?

Maybe when I was 2 or 3. My dads a computer systems analyst for the gov so we've always had new computer gear and stuff around the house. He'd put me on his lap and code/work on computer stuff so I've pretty much been with computers my entire life. My parents were pretty surprised when I said I wanted to go into medicine and just keep computers a hobby. "Passionate coding is better coding" I'd say.

it was about 96-97 when i first actually got interested i took apart my family's windows 95 HP, and put it back together, they where pissed because me being 5 and taking apart computers didn't make them to happy, it was about 10 years after that when built my first 15 

I have been playing computer games more or less all my life but I got more serious when I started playing Minecraft (~early 2011).  I became interested in building a computer back in December last year, teaching myself for a few months.  I built my computer in mid June.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

4 as I remember me helping (Or at least trying to help in a 4 year olds way) to upgrade a Windows 3.1 machine to Windows 95.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

When I was about 4 or 5 I was given the educational game Reader Rabbit, but I'm now trying to save up to build my first PC.

Check out my youtube channel and website where I unbox and review tech, and on the occasion discuss tech news.

www.youtube.com/princestech & www.thetechprince.com (primary)

www.youtube.com/houstontexanfan123

2003, when I was around 11. Bought my first (and only) prebuilt when I was about 15, then upgraded that with an ATI 3650 when they came out. I then built my first PC at 17, and have never looked back.

Inquisitor Gideon Ravenor - "A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk In Dark Places."

I was 10 and wanted a Pc and my uncle showed me the ways of the Master Race

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

I started gaming at around 1st grade. I think the first game I played and got addicted to was Red Alert 2.

I only got interested in tech and computers at around age 12.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

we didnt own a pc untill i was 10 and we had dialup till i was 14 :( ive been gaming since i was about 5 when the first pokemon came out on gameboy though :D

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black