RTX 4090 shipped in paper bag by Amazon

Summary

Amazon Germany decided to send RTX 4090 in paper bag across Europe (to Ireland). After filing complain, they send copy paste email saying how they care about everybody and everything. Even more, purchased RTX 3090 (19 august), was shipped in box, another 3090 (order made month later) was sent in box as well. All purchases made via Amazon Business account. GPU work fine so far. Pictures attached

Quotes

Include a quote from the article that explains the news in a bit more detail. Don't quote the whole article, but it should be enough to give the reader a reasonable idea about what's going on. 

My thoughts

If that happens to be in WAN show - flame their ass guys 🙂 Because i gonna send back GPU that i need at work.

P.s - Linus...stop saying about 4090 as gamers card ok? its productivity card! Because most of reviews was a crap game oriented benchmarks, I'm on finish line with own (there will be video) that include photogrammetry, 3D render, Texture bake, Video and AI. Fingers cross your software will include that type of tests in future (filled my suggestion as was said in video). Cheers.

Sources

Life

20221101_094843.jpg

20221101_104441.jpg

20221101_104448.jpg

20221101_104542.jpg

bdfb324f-84d4-47e3-bbcb-96d47bac9377.jpg

<-- Moved to Graphics Cards -->

Not Tech News Worthy. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

19 minutes ago, Forbidden Wafer said:

At least it didn't get this bad:
The way it's meant to be bent. : AyyMD

I miss that meme.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2MDgFEWITKVYfBiPoJFd

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

The condition of the box in most cases is immaterial, depending on the boxes condition of course.

I received a 72" china cabinet once from a major furniture manufacturer once, and this box could been a model for boxes everywhere, not a scrape, crinkle, dent NOTHING! And there were no sounds emanating from the box other than the normal sounds one expects to hear.

However, when I opened the box not one piece inside was unbroken, all of the glass was shattered, the doors were broken, one side was split in half, and there was possibly more, but I don't remember. The company did, replace the item after about 6 months.

It took them that long because the item was out of its rotation period and I had to wait until it was back in the rota.

This is how furniture manufacturers have work, they make "X" number of 1 style and color, then go to the next, and continue to the end and return back to the first style and color. Which is why your sofa take as much time as it does because the store does not have the manufacturers timetable available and can only give you "in about". when you ask.

This is completely normal for Amazon. Order something collectible or fragile, that's what they do. This is why if you need or want the packaging in tact, you don't use Amazon.

Speaking of which, there are a couple brick and mortar stores that are still placing huge non removable labels on packaging of even collectibles when you place orders for pickups. Even at "specialty" places that should know better.

Thanks for reply everybody. Maybe indeed its not a big thing and my bubble just pop, but seriously, first time i get even that paper bag instead box - didn't even know they have such as possible package form. Till this day I thought they prefer over-react with amount of packing material to the smallest thing and then most expensive purchase so far....bag.
Will be interesting to hear more story like Thomas gave. Lucky it works fine 🙂 cheers LTT community.

Sounds like amazon. Newegg wouldnt do that.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 hour ago, JurandM said:

Thanks for reply everybody. Maybe indeed its not a big thing and my bubble just pop, but seriously, first time i get even that paper bag instead box - didn't even know they have such as possible package form. Till this day I thought they prefer over-react with amount of packing material to the smallest thing and then most expensive purchase so far....bag.
Will be interesting to hear more story like Thomas gave. Lucky it works fine 🙂 cheers LTT community.

Bought an air fryer from BestBuy that looked like the box tumbled off the back of the truck on the highway, and then was used to play rugby. Air fryer inside was in immaculate condition. 

10 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

Bought an air fryer from BestBuy that looked like the box tumbled off the back of the truck on the highway, and then was used to play rugby. Air fryer inside was in immaculate condition. 

I bought a printerbot simple metal 3D printer from Amazon. The box was in immaculate condition but the printer was bent up beyond repair inside. So it can go both ways. Sometimes if the box arrives undamaged I am more afraid then when it arrives damaged. 

@BiotechBenP.S. I loved the CPU but I don't have the reputation necessary to talk on the thread. I think I have 3 reputation on here so I was unable to comment. Thanks for sharing it. I love collecting old tech.

At the moment I am working on upgrading my gaming setup with dual RTX 3090 with RYZEN 9 5950X so I am waiting on collecting until I refill my tech budget 

14 hours ago, JurandM said:

Till this day I thought they prefer over-react with amount of packing material to the smallest thing and then most expensive purchase so far....bag.

i bought 3 3070 last year

they were left on my porch up for grabs, in the rain, without notifying me

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately