WARNING YOUTUBE PHISING

wtfxmitchell

Thanks for the heads up to. I would notice the iffy URL though.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Google sends me a text with a code everytime I log on. Does the code save me from evil phishing people?

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Thanks for the heads up to. I would notice the iffy URL though.

Fairly sure most people on this forum would. Nothing new about this "attack", just another guy phishing for retards.

If its anything that seems remotely malicious, I'll open it up in a Virtual machine, or inside a seperate browser with no info stored in it, just to check.

Or just ignore the link and navigate to the page it says manually via normal login.

Most of the time its pretty obvious what is malicious and what isn't anyways.

If it starts with "Dear Customer" not "Dear YOURNAMEHERE" then its usually spam, as most sites include your name as an extra step to show they know its you.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Thanks for the heads up.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

there is some shady stuff going on here...

share this video so that no one gets to be a victim of phising!

(sorry for capital title)

Damm you ... I was just about to post this, but you beat me to it :D

Fairly sure most people on this forum would. Nothing new about this "attack", just another guy phishing for retards.

Well I guess anyone could make a mistake and not look at the URL or even glance at it. I generally only stick with my bookmarks anyway so it's hard to fall to phishing attacks when you don't visit new websites all the time. Also Adblock helps getting rid of dodgy adverts. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

These phishing attacks are looking more and more realistic its only a matter of time before it starts to fool the techheads as well.

I never even read those verification e-mails. Because if there really is a need for verification Google will bug me when I log in normally anyway.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

I have been getting all kinz of fake links, but i'm smart enough to check the link address first, and i hope the members of this forum are too. This is not new at all.

Thanks but I would probably have spotted the url not being HTTPS if something similar had happen to me :) 

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

My mum has been getting things like that but for PayPal... luckily she asked me what to do before hand and I saw that the email that the message was sent from was from a Hotmail not PayPal. Make sure you check where the link will take you and if the email looks out of place. Stay safe!

well, i got to a site like that login site, but that happens from time to time and i nearly got a hearth attack watching this :P

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

2-step verification and login alerts are a cool thing that people forget about.

Also if you scroll to the bottom of your gmail account, you can see account activity from logins and login attempts so you know if you really need to change your password.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

I haven't actually received this email, but when I saw the video I couldn't help but do some of my own investimigating. (totally a word)

So basically, I took the IP in the video, plopped it into DNS resolver (I use zenmap) to get the Domain attached to that IP as possibly being "webrem.servers.eqx.misp.co.uk", then doing a whois of that domains tells me the nameservers are "2host.co.uk".

So I sent them an email, they're a UK company so we probably won't get a reply for another 10 hours or so but I thought I'd send them one just in case it is on their servers, probably unlikely but whatever. :P

Thought you guys would be interested anyway, cheers.

so that's why there is two step verification when logging in!

FX8320 4.2Ghz@1.280v& 4.5 Ghz Turbo@1.312v Thermalright HR-02/w TY-147 140MM+Arctic Cooling 120MMVRM cooled by AMD Stock Cooler Fan 70MM 0-7200 RPM PWM controlled via SpeedfanGigabyte GA990XA-UD3Gigabyte HD 7970 SOC@R9 280X120GiBee Kingston HyperX 3K2TB Toshiba DT01ACA2001TB WD GreenZalman Z11+Enermax 140MM TB Apollish RED+2X Deepcool 120MM and stock fans running @5VSingle Channel Patriot 8GB (1333MHZ)+Dual Channel 4GB&2GB Kingston NANO Gaming(1600MHZ CL9)=14GB 1,600 Jigahurtz 10-10-9-29 CR1@1.28VSirtec High Power 500WASUS Xonar DG, Logitech F510Sony MDR-XD200Edifier X220 + Edifier 3200A4Tech XL-747H 3600dpiA4Tech X7-200MPdecent membrane keyboardPhilips 236V3LSB 23" 1080p@71Hz .

Sorry for my English....

I just posted this on all my social networks. Spread the word so the f***** behind this can get taken down. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3

reminds me of the blizzard phishing thing. Blizzard entertaiment... Thank god i always check

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

well, thanks for that. 

I will spread the word.