LTT Movie Club!

Takumidesh
2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Sigh. Looks I'm subscribing and promptly unsubscribing from Netflix this summer.

Not sure I've ever seen a movie that was streaming-only that I've wanted to own on physical media as badly as the first Extraction film.

I thought we all agreed that cuties was the cutoff point for terrible Netflix stuff. 

3 hours ago, fpo said:

I thought we all agreed that cuties was the cutoff point for terrible Netflix stuff. 

Yeah, I'm very conflicted.

Want to watch the movie, don't want to break the law, you know how it is.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

46 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yeah, I'm very conflicted.

Want to watch the movie, *cough*

What was that last part? 

Didn't quite catch it. 

Double posting the movie thread woop woop!

Watched The Accountant last night. It was very good, aside from some fairly minor errors that only PC nerds and people semi-versed in firearms will find. The important thing is the movie features the classic Corsair Carbide Air 540 towards the end.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

I am excited for Oppenheimer that is coming out this year! What should I do to prepare for the film: watch other films, get familiar with the history, etc.?

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge WiFi, MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio, 64GB Trident Z RGB 3600 MT/s RAM, Windows 11 Pro

Custom Built NAS: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, MSI B550M PRO-VDH WiFi ProSeries, MSI RTX 2060 Super Gaming X, 128GB LPX Vengeance 3200 MT/s RAM, TrueNAS Scale

Custom Built Router: Intel Core i5 10400, Asrock B460M Steel Legend, 8GB 3000 MT/s RAM, OPNSense

Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max 512 GB T-Mobile

Work Laptop: Dell XPS 15, Intel Core i7-11800H, RTX 3050 TI, 32 GB 3200 MT/s RAM, Windows 11 Education

Tablet: iPad Pro 11" (2021) 256 GB

Dogs: Male Labrador Retriever and Male Pomeranian Chihuahua Mix

1 minute ago, Lanrick said:

I am excited for Oppenheimer that is coming out this year! What should I do to prepare for the film: watch other films, get familiar with the history, etc.?

Oppenheimer is a standalone film so there shouldn't be a ton of other films to prepare for it with.

Being familiar with history is never a bad thing. I think it'll be an excellent film regardless, but there's certainly nothing wrong with brushing up on your Manhattan Project, WW2, or Nuclear Science history.

I've been looking forward to Oppenheimer since the first teaser released earlier this year.

I cancelled my Netflix subscription but I have a few weeks left before the billing period ends and it's cut off. Are there any must watch Netflix movies or TV shows I should watch before it goes?

On 5/18/2023 at 3:30 AM, Crunchy Dragon said:

Let's keep posting potentially controversial things in the movie club thread

Part one??? I'm too lazy to watch two movies. Would probably be a good movie though. I've heard good things about Top Gun Maverick but I haven't watched it yet.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

"O Brother, Where Art Thou?" is still one of the best wide release comedies of this century at least.

Never gets old...

I edit my posts more often than not

On 5/17/2023 at 1:30 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

Let's keep posting potentially controversial things in the movie club thread

Another? Is this 5 or 6?

Also yuck a two part? .... Or more

Harry Potter death hollow part 1 was a waste of time. 

At least I know to recommend John wick movies to you based on what you have been posting about haha. 

3 hours ago, fpo said:

Also yuck a two part? .... Or more

Fast X is supposed to be a 3 parter...I hope this multi-part movie nonsense dies a quick death.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 hours ago, fpo said:

Another? Is this 5 or 6?

7 part 1.

Rogue Nation was 5, Fallout was 6. I'm not super invested in the Mission Impossible franchise, but I have for the most part enjoyed them(I've only seen 4 of them).

6 hours ago, fpo said:

At least I know to recommend John wick movies to you based on what you have been posting about haha. 

🙂

I like to think I have a more broad range of movie interests, but when something revolutionizes the action genre the way John Wick does, it's hard for me to not talk about it.

Speaking of a broad range, I finally finished watching Interstellar last night. It was pretty good, the soundtrack and acting were both amazing, but the plot did lose me a little bit towards the end.

4 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Fast X is supposed to be a 3 parter...I hope this multi-part movie nonsense dies a quick death.

Oh jeez....

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

, I finally finished watching Interstellar last night. It was pretty good, 

What? I thought interstellar was over hyped trash... Tbh imo the only good thing to come out of interstellar was this: 

Spoiler

And this:

Spoiler

At dildor

1 hour ago, fpo said:

What? I thought interstellar was over hyped trash... Tbh imo the only good thing to come out of interstellar was this: 

Reveal hidden contents

And this:

Reveal hidden contents

At dildor

I didn't think it was trash. I'm also a weirdo, though.

11 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I didn't think it was trash. I'm also a weirdo, though.

Evidently I am the weirdo haha.
I think I'm the only one that thought interstellar was dumb.

25 minutes ago, fpo said:

Not the only one....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

33 minutes ago, fpo said:

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Not the only one....

Don't get me wrong, I definitely didn't think it was particularly smart, but I did enjoy it.

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

but I did enjoy it.

And in the end, that's all that matters.

I have a huge love of B and C grade sci-fi and horror films, things no one else likes, and that's okay by me

43 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

And in the end, that's all that matters.

I have a huge love of B and C grade sci-fi and horror films, things no one else likes, and that's okay by me

I've seen way too many movies on MST3K to retain my love of B and C grade sci-fi and horror films. Some of them were just painful lol

What's the worst movie you've ever seen?
(inb4 @fpo says Interstellar)

33 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I've seen way too many movies on MST3K to retain my love of B and C grade sci-fi and horror films. Some of them were just painful lol

To me, my criteria is different.

If a movie *bores* me, then it's a sin.

I'll forgive a bad film, if it has good ideas poorly executed, or lacking in a budget, but a *boring* film?

Unforgivable.

I have not, as far as I can recall, ever turned off a film. I've always watched all the way through, to give the cast/crew a fair shake.

Having said that. I'd say the new Hellraiser film was the worst...because it bored me.

(and I say this as someone who thought the Avengers Endgame was crap)

But the Hellraiser film ties with the latest Suicide Squad and Terminator Dark Fate for worst films. Those two are elevated because they had money AND talent behind them, and still sucked rocks.

15 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

But the Hellraiser film ties with the latest Suicide Squad and *cough* for worst films. Those two are elevated because they had money AND talent behind them, and still sucked rocks.

It really is too bad that we never got more Terminator sequels. Terminator and Terminator 2 were so good, I would have loved to see some sort of continuation, maybe with an older John Connor.

17 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

To me, my criteria is different.

If a movie *bores* me, then it's a sin.

I'll forgive a bad film, if it has good ideas poorly executed, or lacking in a budget, but a *boring* film?

Unforgivable.

I have not, as far as I can recall, ever turned off a film. I've always watched all the way through, to give the cast/crew a fair shake.

I can more or less agree with this. I've turned off some films, but it's not very often I'll turn off something made in the last 20-30 years.

2 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

It really is too bad that we never got more Terminator sequels. Terminator and Terminator 2 were so good, I would have loved to see some sort of continuation, maybe with an older John Connor.

Agreed, lot of options for doing some films set during the fall of mankind in the future, or the rising against the machines.

Shame no one picked up on those ideas

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Agreed, lot of options for doing some films set during the fall of mankind in the future, or the rising against the machines.

Shame no one picked up on those ideas

Yeah, there were so many potential stories they could have picked up but instead they let the franchise die after 2 films.

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yeah, there were so many potential stories they could have picked up but instead they let the franchise die after 2 films.

Admittedly, the TV series was getting good though decidedly non-canon in many areas

3 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Death Note.