GTX 800 impartial, unbiased, official info-only based, release date speculation.

kungfury7

Im going with Nvidia for the win, the way its meant to be played.

What would suck is a month or 2 after the 880 is released they put out the dual GPU 890.

Or the GTX 880Z  :D

PC Build

AMD FX 4130@3.8GHz | Sapphire Radeon HD R9 290@947 MHz | 8GB of DDR3 1333MHz RAM | 500GB Seagate HDD | [broken] Cooler Master i600 PSU | Some LG Disk Drive that costed me $20|

Or the GTX 880Z :D

Wow...880z is that something u made up or its in the works??

I'm sick of consumer grade shit for real. I want a company to over achieve at what they do I don't want just another cpu like I've seen them all lol. I want them to put there money where their mouth is and actually do something inspiring to set a new wave not the same old mumbo jumbo.

I'm sick of consumer grade shit for real. I want a company to over achieve at what they do I don't want just another cpu like I've seen them all lol. I want them to put there money where their mouth is and actually do something inspiring to set a new wave not the same old mumbo jumbo.

I want in game graphics like the demos Nvidia always hold at press conferences and I want now.

Lol I want them to stop trying to sell and actually make something they are proud of world record something set goals outside of just money make a product that will make a difference lol

Can anyone actually say that they have seen a game as stunning as the demos Nvidia display and if so what demo?

The only game I can't max out at over 60 FPS is crysis 3 during the opening scene in the rain, and then probably the metro games, but I'd still get 45-60 the entire time.  Every other game I'm usually at 80-140.

I get a bit more then he does usually by ~10 fps or so when we game on teamspeak 3 together, I honestly think 1440p + 2 780's is a dream, it's like a match made in heaven  :wub:  :wub:

(I'm also watercooled though, and overclocked further hence the 10 fps)

hi @MegaDave91 :D

As long as I can get high fps on Skyrim with 150+ mods :wub:

Thanks a lot bro, you guys gave me a good reason to save $400 and spend it in another part!

I also will be upgrading from a GTX 500 series, lol :P

Can't wait for the new GTX 800 series though!

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 8GB 1866 Video Card: MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G SSDSamsung 840 Evo 250GB HDD: WD 1TB + 500GB Caviar Blue
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 Case: Gigabyte GZ-G1 Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown MousePad: Corsair MM200
Steam/Origin/Uplay: renz62

As long as I can get high fps on Skyrim with 150+ mods :wub:

Thanks a lot bro, you guys gave me a good reason to save $400 and spend it in another part!

No problem man, I enjoy helping people save money :P

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I also will be upgrading from a GTX 500 series, lol :P

Can't wait for the new GTX 800 series though!

You guys know that a GTX 780 is overkill for pretty much every game and with 3gb of vram is somewhat quite ''future proof'' if there's such a thing...

or even an r9 290 is a very good high-end card! i really don't think the 880 is worth waiting for:

- It will probably cost well over 600$ at launch

- It is said that it will consume less power, run cooler and probably will overclock better but chances are it will perform within 10 or 15% of the GTX 780

that you could find online for a bargain i seen some great cards online for like 469$...

If you need a video card you should not waste your time waiting for something that might never come...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

If you had a choice to go back in the past, would you still go for a 780ti SLI at 1440p, or would you change it to 1080p with a single 780Ti? Personally, I think 60 FPS is really enough for single player offline experience, especially if you play TPS games like Assassin's creed, where a controller is needed for better experience, you can even go with 40 FPS. Why? because the movement of the controller is not as rapid as a mouse, each turn is a lot smoother, hence, you won't notice the screen tearing or ghosting that well. But for online games, that's a whole other thing, especially with something like BF4. Every FPS counts, determines a hit marker or none.

Well like I said, I don't have 780ti SLI; I have 780 SLI. I wouldn't go back 1080p because I have a 1440p. So to experience the same PPI, I would have to use a ~21" 1080p monitor which is too small, IMO. A large monitor really helps with immersion.

A 780 at 1080p is also more than enough too. If I HAD to though, It would be 780 for 1080p. I also can't stand anything less than 60fps, even if it's 50...I can feel it.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Well like I said, I don't have 780ti SLI; I have 780 SLI. I wouldn't go back 1080p because I have a 1440p. So to experience the same PPI, I would have to use a ~21" 1080p monitor which is too small, IMO. A large monitor really helps with immersion.

A 780 at 1080p is also more than enough too. If I HAD to though, It would be 780 for 1080p. I also can't stand anything less than 60fps, even if it's 50...I can feel it.

Precisely why I'll spend every dollar I can for GPUs.

Precisely why I'll spend every dollar I can for GPUs.

So you'll spend ~$300 extra for small performance increase a 780ti provides over a 780? If you look at the benchmarks I linked, you'll see 780ti SLI performed only a few frames better than 780 SLI, at hundereds more. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

So you'll spend ~$300 extra for small performance increase a 780ti provides over a 780? If you look at the benchmarks I linked, you'll see 780ti SLI performed only a few frames better than 780 SLI, at hundereds more. 

No :P  I meant for 780 Sli not 780ti Sli, I could use those $400 I'll save elsewhere. :)

We all have our computer addictions and thats his, you cant fault him. I to love having fast GPU's and I have brought 4 of the last dual GPUs by nvidia at $1000 at the time of release so I totally know where he is coming from.

We all have our computer addictions and thats his, you cant fault him. I to love having fast GPU's and I have brought 4 of the last dual GPUs by nvidia at $1000 at the time of release so I totally know where he is coming from.

Well, if you play that card then everybody wouldn't really know what to say. It's just that not everyone has an infinite or that much amount of money to spend. But in terms of personal affection, I do know where you are coming from. If you have the money, just do it I guess.

Well, that's not going to be an absolute true statement, because different people defines a "good" experience differently. You're not totally right as much as I am. Some people prefers playing driving games with a controller, the others may prefer mouse, which applies the same way to TPS games where combat requires precise directional movement, which the thumb sticks really help.

Not really. I play assassins creed, metal gear rising, the witcher 2 and many other hack n slash game and feel I am as fluent as anyone with a controller. I finish metal gear rising on hard with a rank S in every fight throughout with no difficulties.

What ever happened to pc players not accepting controllers as a mean to play. When I first changed from Xbox a few years ago I was preaching your argument. But now I feel there nothing a guy a controller can do better than my keyboard

• Laptop: MSI GF65 + 16GB + 1.2TB + 2060 GTX + i7 9750H Display: 24" LG Ultra Gear 144hz Keyboard: Logitech G213 Mouse: Corsair Harpoon Sound Card: Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2 Speakers: Behringer CR4-X Other: Gaomon Graphics Tablet COOLING: Thermaltake Massive S14 Laptop Cooler

Not really. I play assassins creed, metal gear rising, the witcher 2 and many other hack n slash game and feel I am as fluent as anyone with a controller. I finish metal gear rising on hard with a rank S in every fight throughout with no difficulties.

What ever happened to pc players not accepting controllers as a mean to play. When I first changed from Xbox a few years ago I was preaching your argument. But now I feel there nothing a guy a controller can do better than my keyboard

Such a sophisticated comment coming from a guy who bought the wrong graphics card, thinking it was better than the other, which proves he never really actually watches Linus's videos as he claimed to be. Arguing with you is a waste of time, you're just making up baseless informations in your head and trying to say intelligent-sounding things. Before you open your mouth, do yourself a favor and EDUCATE yourself. I'm really done talking with you, it's unproductive and not helpful to others at all. Good day, you worthless windbag.