GTX 800 impartial, unbiased, official info-only based, release date speculation.

kungfury7

Yeah bro, i think there's a lot of us in this category out there. For instance, I wouldn't go for the Titan, or the Titan Black or the Titan Z, even if i had the money. I would even hesitate for a 780Ti. And for CPU, I would shell out for a 4770K at most, but I wouldn't go for the 2011 platform.

Even the gtx 690 is still kicking ass.

go with a 4770k build with a 780 ti if you want or the titan black.

or  if you really got the money and want a long internet penis

grab one of the latest xeons like the 2697 v2 or whatever is newer and has higher core. fill the ram slots of 8gb ecc ram. (put 2 processors btw) buy a quadro k6000 then slap in some titan black. go nuts on a 1tb samsung evo. some western digital caviar red drives and a corsair 1500 psu, get some good 2560x1440/1600 ips panel x3.

then play mine sweeper or solitair at max setting = gold.

pretty much build what kind of killer system you want. 

I don't advice on a bang for buck I say go big or go home. if you want to wait you will be waiting for quite a while and when the 800 series gets released and they release some joke like the 680 then just wait until they release the new "titan for 20nm" and when that get released might as well wait for the "titan black 20nm" and when that get's released go wait for the next one too.

Everyone wants a ginormous internet penis of course.

I would say there are people between "Bang4Buck" and "Enthusiast". This group would cover those who don't have a tight budget but also don't go completely overboard.

Holy shit 780Ti SLI... now that's a man with a real big internet penis. Meant as a compliment of course, yes sir.

Would you run those with a 4k monitor or 144hz?

Holy shit 780Ti SLI... now that's a man with a real big internet penis. Meant as a compliment of course, yes sir.

Lol I have 780 SLI. I got them both before the price drop and back when they were the king of single gpus... Not including the Titan as it is $1000.

780ti SLI really is a poor decision because they hardly offer any more performance than 780 SLI, and you're saving a few hundred dollars. Even if you're not going to SLI, it's not a smart choice.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Everyone wants a ginormous internet penis of course.

well it's their money.

all the others can do is just drool about it or bring out our price/performance ratio on how it's meaningless or not a smart choice.

If they want it they can grab it xD. not our wallet problem. might as well enjoy the eye candy.

like why buy a sports car when some cheaper car will work right?

heck even  a bicycle is cheaper and it's comfortable.

Live your life like a dream.

Lol I have 780 SLI. I got them both before the price drop and back when they were the king of single gpus... Not including the Titan as it is $1000.

780ti SLI really is a poor decision because they hardly offer any more performance than 780 SLI, and you're saving a few hundred dollars. Even if you're not going to SLI, it's not a smart choice.

How's the performance in 1440p? Would you say 60fps on every game maxed? I'm between 780ti sli or 780 sli.

How's the performance in 1440p? Would you say 60fps on every game maxed? I'm between 780ti sli or 780 sli.

For 1440p, don't waste your money on 780ti SLI. The performance increase (while there) is not worth the hundreds extra you will pay. 

As far as 60fps maxed in every game; that depends on the games you're playing. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

The only game I can't max out at over 60 FPS is crysis 3 during the opening scene in the rain, and then probably the metro games, but I'd still get 45-60 the entire time.  Every other game I'm usually at 80-140.

I get a bit more then he does usually by ~10 fps or so when we game on teamspeak 3 together, I honestly think 1440p + 2 780's is a dream, it's like a match made in heaven  :wub:  :wub:

(I'm also watercooled though, and overclocked further hence the 10 fps)

hi @MegaDave91 :D

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I'm sensing some hesitation within you brah.

For 1440p, don't waste your money on 780ti SLI. The performance increase (while there) is not worth the hundreds extra you will pay. 

As far as 60fps maxed in every game; that depends on the games you're playing. 

If you had a choice to go back in the past, would you still go for a 780ti SLI at 1440p, or would you change it to 1080p with a single 780Ti? Personally, I think 60 FPS is really enough for single player offline experience, especially if you play TPS games like Assassin's creed, where a controller is needed for better experience, you can even go with 40 FPS. Why? because the movement of the controller is not as rapid as a mouse, each turn is a lot smoother, hence, you won't notice the screen tearing or ghosting that well. But for online games, that's a whole other thing, especially with something like BF4. Every FPS counts, determines a hit marker or none.

Well then why didn't you go for the highest-end, the 290x? Or even better, the GTX 780 or the GTX 780Ti? There are just too much fluctuations in FPS in dual GPU set ups I think, single GPU setups will never give you this problem, at least a lot less. It's not about pushing for the highest FPS, what matters is the min FPS your system can churn out.

Yes, I totally agree with you for not waiting. What I should have done was to get the GTX 780 right when it came out. If I did, I would have already been getting my money's worth by now. The thing is, I waited back then.. up until now, because I didn't see much improvement from the 600 series. Maybe just holding out for the best may not be the best option. Just because the manufacturer's has screwed you once, doesn't mean they could screw you twice... or even thrice.. or maybe i'm just having a brain fart...

being on linus forum, i can only assume you watch his videos. and from his benchmarks the r9 290 ot performs the 780 and the r9 290x out performs the 780 ti. "even better why not get the 780 or 780ti" is wrong to be better lol. that only applies if you can keep the 290/290x cool enough as it lowers its power to prevent burning out.

if linus's videos shown nvideo out performing ati, i would of bought nvidea. i buy cards on benchmarks and performance not brand so this isnt a biased which brand is better statement

i run most games (non multiplayer) with v sync on so it fluxuates between 90 and 150 it isnt going to a problem as it will just run a solid 60 with v sync on

• Laptop: MSI GF65 + 16GB + 1.2TB + 2060 GTX + i7 9750H Display: 24" LG Ultra Gear 144hz Keyboard: Logitech G213 Mouse: Corsair Harpoon Sound Card: Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2 Speakers: Behringer CR4-X Other: Gaomon Graphics Tablet COOLING: Thermaltake Massive S14 Laptop Cooler

Overpowered by the power consumption? =)=)

no lol, 3d mark comparison

• Laptop: MSI GF65 + 16GB + 1.2TB + 2060 GTX + i7 9750H Display: 24" LG Ultra Gear 144hz Keyboard: Logitech G213 Mouse: Corsair Harpoon Sound Card: Traktor Kontrol S2 MK2 Speakers: Behringer CR4-X Other: Gaomon Graphics Tablet COOLING: Thermaltake Massive S14 Laptop Cooler

Im scared going water....one mistake with those loops or that pump say good night because its all over. Your system would be hosed indefinitely. I will stick with air to be one the safe side. I wish you the best though...please keep me updated on that build.

i am going watersoon and i am hoping my plumbing qualification will help.

but doing research compression is your safest option and as long as you stuff the rig with kitchen towel and fill and test with a seperate psu. you reduce the risk of a leak. there is no pressure in the loop so leakage is minimal. and if you have temperature alarms set you will know if the pumps faulty before its to late

you can also get a front panel unit which has leak sensors you can attach to each joint

I'm sensing some hesitation within you brah.

If you had a choice to go back in the past, would you still go for a 780ti SLI at 1440p, or would you change it to 1080p with a single 780Ti? Personally, I think 60 FPS is really enough for single player offline experience, especially if you play TPS games like Assassin's creed, where a controller is needed for better experience, you can even go with 40 FPS. Why? because the movement of the controller is not as rapid as a mouse, each turn is a lot smoother, hence, you won't notice the screen tearing or ghosting that well. But for online games, that's a whole other thing, especially with something like BF4. Every FPS counts, determines a hit marker or none.

no controller is needed for a better experience, unless you dont know your keyboard.

i am going watersoon and i am hoping my plumbing qualification will help.

but doing research compression is your safest option and as long as you stuff the rig with kitchen towel and fill and test with a seperate psu. you reduce the risk of a leak. there is no pressure in the loop so leakage is minimal. and if you have temperature alarms set you will know if the pumps faulty before its to late

you can also get a front panel unit which has leak sensors you can attach to each joint

I wish u the best of luck...it would suck to see those expensive parts drenched in cooling liquid. :wacko:

no controller is needed for a better experience, unless you dont know your keyboard.

Well, that's not going to be an absolute true statement, because different people defines a "good" experience differently. You're not totally right as much as I am. Some people prefers playing driving games with a controller, the others may prefer mouse, which applies the same way to TPS games where combat requires precise directional movement, which the thumb sticks really help.

Well, that's not going to be an absolute true statement, because different people defines a "good" experience differently. You're not totally right as much as I am. Some people prefers playing driving games with a controller, the others may prefer mouse, which applies the same way to TPS games where combat requires precise directional movement, which the thumb sticks really help.

So do you prefer your regular keyboard or cherry, browns or blue switches?

being on linus forum, i can only assume you watch his videos. and from his benchmarks the r9 290 ot performs the 780 and the r9 290x out performs the 780 ti. "even better why not get the 780 or 780ti" is wrong to be better lol. that only applies if you can keep the 290/290x cool enough as it lowers its power to prevent burning out.

if linus's videos shown nvideo out performing ati, i would of bought nvidea. i buy cards on benchmarks and performance not brand so this isnt a biased which brand is better statement

i run most games (non multiplayer) with v sync on so it fluxuates between 90 and 150 it isnt going to a problem as it will just run a solid 60 with v sync on

Being a user on any forums, linus or not, it is important for you to verify your info before making a statement, otherwise it's nothing but misleading and may present false information to others. In Linus's review, the GTX 780(not even the Ti), beats R9 290x in Crysis 3, with everything maxed out with 44.6 over 40 FPS. In Bioshock Infinite, GTX 780 also beats R9 290X, also as in Far Cry 3. Tomb Raider, Star Citizen. 

Here, check it out your self : 

Are you sure you sure you your self are watching Linus's videos? Even better, are you sure you on the right forums?

Being a user on any forums, linus or not, it is important for you to verify your info before making a statement, otherwise it's nothing but misleading and may present false information to others. In Linus's review, the GTX 780(not even the Ti), beats R9 290x in Crysis 3, with everything maxed out with 44.6 over 40 FPS. In Bioshock Infinite, GTX 780 also beats R9 290X, also as in Far Cry 3. Tomb Raider, Star Citizen.

Here, check it out your self :

Are you sure you sure you your self are watching Linus's videos? Even better, are you sure you on the right forums?

Nvidia for the win!!!

Do you know what you're talking about brah? The GTX 780 beats the R9 290 in every single games, it even beats the R9 290X in every single games. Are you sure you sure you're watching his videos? like, AT ALL?? The minute you open your mouth with that statement, it has already been false. LOL, your baseless comments really made my day.

It seems like you have shell out a good sum of money buying the card YOU THOUGHT was better, when it really wasn't. Maybe you should have at least watch his videos at least once, don't you think?

There is only 1 fact at least.

grab 780/780 ti = you will be able to play all games at different settings max or not at playable to high fps.

grab 290/290x = you will be able to play all games at different settings max or not at playable to high fps.

grab whatever you think is pretty and move on mate.

Live your life like a dream.