Wave 1 Backpack Shipping Update?

4P3t3sSake
10 hours ago, Beerbuddy said:

How long after your order was shipped did UPS update with an estimated delivery date? Mine still says "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."

I got my notice on a Sunday and then it was the fourth business day later before it showed up in WA.  

On 10/18/2022 at 11:06 PM, Jenos_Idanian said:

Hey Everyone, keep the hope! It will come. It seemed like my order was just sitting in customs for multiple days and then all of a sudden it was in Chicago on its way to Michigan. A previous order I got last Monday had a couple more stops along the way, so this was a bit of a surprise. I think everyone is having a hard time. Wizmo shows an entry time of 9:55 am EST in Hodgkin's, Illinois. (Chicago) and my all of a sudden active UPS tracking shows leaving there at 1:55 pm EST today. But only wizmo shows the entry time, and only UPS shows the leave time. UPS says (right now it's 11:00 pm as I type this) its still going to be delivered by 7:00 pm this evening.☺️ I am middle of 335 order in wave one.

Erbody having a rough day. Even the computers. Hurricanes, pandemics, wars, the threat of wars....Keep doing what your doing you bearded, sandal wearing, pink motor cycle riding, content creator. Keeping us all sane. Appreciate it broham.

I got my bag the following day. UPS and Wizmo seem to be having trouble with tracking these things.....

Mine says arriving today but it also just says "Label Created"

image.thumb.png.ae6f8f37a6b7dc6760d081b42aef2400.png

See I'm a 21st century digital boy,
I don't know how to live but I've got a lot of toys. 

Just so people have hope.  I was wave 1, order #3299xx.  I received mine October 19.  (US, East coast).

Big bag. Great space. Built well. Feels fantastic.  Sadly, the zipper carabiner broke this morning simply unzipping the bag (using it was too much lateral force, apparently).  They are quite fragile in that direction.

About 9 days of speculation, now i've got an ETA.

image.png.ffa7678650ecedeae5d25c7260810248.png

5 hours ago, Shin-Gouki said:

Mine says arriving today but it also just says "Label Created"

image.thumb.png.ae6f8f37a6b7dc6760d081b42aef2400.png

This is pretty much what happened to me, it arrived the following day. But, I was also UPS. Lots of reports of weird tracking and the bag just showing up.

13 hours ago, sl1200mk2 said:

I got my notice on a Sunday and then it was the fourth business day later before it showed up in WA.  

After 8 days. Mine shows it's moved a whopping 3 hours away to Tacoma Washington. Big progress!

4 hours ago, Beerbuddy said:

After 8 days. Mine shows it's moved a whopping 3 hours away to Tacoma Washington. Big progress!

Hopefully will go more quickly, but don’t expect UPS to update the status. At least they didn’t on mine. I’m sure a decent part of the initial delay was clearing US customs. 

7pm and nothing, not like I expected it to actually show up.

image.thumb.png.54111984cb9b532d380558c1f288fc69.png

My Wave 1 screwdrivers are now showing in Anchorage with delivery for tomorrow, my backpacks are now at a label has been created phase on October 21st but still haven't actually shipped.   

2 hours ago, Armymen said:

I'm in wave 3.

I wonder if wave 1 and 2 will delay wave 3?

Hard to tell until they say something, theoretically they’ve gotten most of, if not all in for first 2 waves in, just depends on how many the distributors can get through, and hope port delays don’t interfere again

Yeah......

Screenshot_20221023_225531_Chrome.jpg

On 10/23/2022 at 8:46 AM, FallenWillow said:

I live in Pennsylvania 

Hmmmm... this is getting interesting...

SmartSelect_20221023_114500_Shop.jpg

Haha we've seen this a few times... it looks like Shopify's tracking is categorizing "Redmond, WAshington" as "Redmond, Western Australia" somehow. Rest assured, your package has not taken an extreme detour hahaha

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

Haha we've seen this a few times... it looks like Shopify's tracking is categorizing "Redmond, WAshington" as "Redmond, Western Australia" somehow. Rest assured, your package has not taken an extreme detour hahaha

You guys should look into a way to use USPS for shipping. I was in that space for years shipping hundreds of packages per month and USPS was far superior in terms of reliability and quick shipping than UPS and FedEx. Especially with international packages. They were also much cheaper in most cases.

18 minutes ago, Beerbuddy said:

You guys should look into a way to use USPS for shipping. I was in that space for years shipping hundreds of packages per month and USPS was far superior in terms of reliability and quick shipping than UPS and FedEx. Especially with international packages. They were also much cheaper in most cases.

We've recently swapped from USPS to UPS for a lot of US shipments. USPS has become significantly more costly over the last few years (since about 2019 if I recall correctly, something with the new postmaster taking them out of some international accord if I recall correctly) and their reliability since the pandemic started has been... mixed, to say the least.

We'll continue evaluating options as we go, but for now UPS makes more sense than USPS in a lot of cases from what we've seen.

1 minute ago, nicklmg said:

We've recently swapped from USPS to UPS for a lot of US shipments. USPS has become significantly more costly over the last few years (since about 2019 if I recall correctly, something with the new postmaster taking them out of some international accord if I recall correctly) and their reliability since the pandemic started has been... mixed, to say the least.

We'll continue evaluating options as we go, but for now UPS makes more sense than USPS in a lot of cases from what we've seen.

That's fair. I have been out of that business since 2018. That's a shame that it's gone that down hill.

25 minutes ago, Beerbuddy said:

That's fair. I have been out of that business since 2018. That's a shame that it's gone that down hill.

Yeah truly... they used to be amazing for Int'l even, which was the lifeblood of our carrier's business in the early days. Then they made some changes and really seem to have screwed a few things up... I've always heard that USPS was never going to be sustainable/profitable (or even nearly break-even) the way it was set up before - not sure if there's validity to that - but seems like enough people with influence felt like something had to change and here we are...

33 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

The prices and the reliability are both due to the postmaster… and yes, he took us out of the international shipping thing, didn’t think we got paid enough, mostly on all the stuff from china. He’s too busy taking sorting machines off line and closing sorting plants and post offices to ‘save money’ without realizing (or caring) its killing the reliability and causing a lot of shippers to switch away from us actually making us lose money. (I work for the USPS)

13 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Yeah truly... they used to be amazing for Int'l even, which was the lifeblood of our carrier's business in the early days. Then they made some changes and really seem to have screwed a few things up... I've always heard that USPS was never going to be sustainable/profitable (or even nearly break-even) the way it was set up before - not sure if there's validity to that - but seems like enough people with influence felt like something had to change and here we are...

Without getting too into it, a lot of the financial issues, other than typical mismanagement, is caused by congress meddling and passing things which restrict services that can be offered and stuff like that

received my wave 1 screwdrivers about 10 minutes ago, now I'm looking for a project to do that needs a screwdriver...

I however, am still waiting for more than label has been created for my wave 1 backpacks....