RIP Queen Elizabeth II

DietzDiet

tbh, I didn't think this day would come.

*Jupiter: Bringer of Jollity playes melancholily*

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

Very sorry to learn about the passing of a beloved Monarch. (I knew before I came here 😛 )

Please keep politics out of this thread!

Spoiler

(it doesn't belong here and if you don't (want to) understand that, let lightning hit you while you're peeing! 🤬 )

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

(Faithless, 'Reverence' from the 1996 Reverence album)

Will lead to a bunch of stuff in government, including changing numerous documents. Traditionally, the prime minister of Canada will also be declaring days of mourning for her funeral, which will be statutory holidays. Which I feel like is the one aspect where her Majesty passing away will have an effect on LTT as a business, but man is it weird to think about, I imagine for pretty much everyone at LTT as well as for everyone I know and their parents she's been the only Monarch of Canada for their entire life.

13 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

Will lead to a bunch of stuff in government, including changing numerous documents. Traditionally, the prime minister of Canada will also be declaring days of mourning for her funeral, which will be statutory holidays. Which I feel like is the one aspect where her Majesty passing away will have an effect on LTT as a business, but man is it weird to think about, I imagine for pretty much everyone at LTT as well as for everyone I know and their parents she's been the only Monarch of Canada for their entire life.

I've never really thought about the after effects of the Queen dying.

Is Charles or William the next in line?

I think everyone knew this was imminent when the news anchors put on their emergency black ties.

A sad day for Canada, and therefore, of course, the world.

3 hours ago, Zomeguy said:

Is Charles or William the next in line?

The Crown follows the lineage of the first-born child, so Charles is now King and William is heir apparent.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

44 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

been the only Monarch of Canada for their entire life.

Anyone under 70 years old for sure.  The replacement of references will be slow and on an as needed basis.   Once the new King is crowned then the mint will design new currency.   Legal references to the queen are still valid and with less and less people here caring about the monarchy most changes will go unnoticed.  The worst part is now having, presumedly, Charles' portraits going up in hockey arenas nationwide, the Queen was much easier on the eyes.

At the end of the day,  she was someone's mother,  grandmother and great grandmother.   My condolences to the family.  

QE2's reign has been unprecedented. I can't imagine it'd be easy to fill those shoes, but to be completely fair, Charles waited so long to be King that he won't have to fill the role for much longer, I would think.

I'm no monarchist, but the enduring symbolism of the monarchy is extremely consequential in itself. Whether you're a fan of the monarchy or not, her legacy is incredibly vast and far-reaching. Many condolences to the family.

The Queen is dead, long live the King.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

Long Live the Queen 😧

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

Every death is a tragedy no matter who that is.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

4 hours ago, volatus146 said:

whether you agree with the monarchy or not, this is the end of an era and a huge event of the 21st century

Reminds me of how the Japanese determine eras by the years each emperor reigned.

For example:

Meiji Era - Emperor Meiji

Taishō Era - Emperor Taishō

Shōwa Era - Emperor Shōwa

Heisei Era - Emperor Akihito

Reiwa Era - Emperor Naruhito

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

9 hours ago, DietzDiet said:

Rip queen elizabeth (I am not disrespecting her by doing this) she lived 96 years

You would show more respect if you gave her her correct name and title. Capital letters to start with.

Queen Elizabeth II.

3 hours ago, Vishera said:

Reminds me of how the Japanese determine eras by the years each emperor reigned.

For example:

Meiji Era - Emperor Meiji

Taishō Era - Emperor Taishō

Shōwa Era - Emperor Shōwa

Heisei Era - Emperor Akihito

Reiwa Era - Emperor Naruhito

I mean, we kinda do in the Anglosphere, at least those of us outside the US. Victorian Era, Edwardian Era to a much less significant extent, and now the Elizabethan Era, are all very distinct.

Regardless, the Queen is dead. God save the King, long may he reign.

Republican here, she was a nice lady. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

She was definitely a symbol.

And she had been the Queen for so goddamn long that most Commonwealth subjects are going to struggle with the idea of not having the Queen.

Hell, I'm not a Commonwealth subject, and even I have trouble imagining a British... "King". It even feels wrong. She was Queen for longer than my country has been a democracy.

Massive F for an absolute beast of a human being. Her loss will definitely make waves, for better or worse.

I really don't understand the fascination outside of the UK.  Nobody gives a flip about the royal house of Norge, Nederland, Espana, or Italia--outside of those respective countries.  Does anyone outside of Japan even know who Naruhito is?

Yet for some reason, the world gets a facefull of the British royal family--like it or not.  I don't mind the figurehead status and all--but this has been going on for at least my entire life (Charles/Diana were in the news constantly back when I was growing up).  Seems like there's too much focus on the House of Windsor.

46 minutes ago, IPD said:

I really don't understand the fascination outside of the UK.  Nobody gives a flip about the royal house of Norge, Nederland, Espana, or Italia--outside of those respective countries.  Does anyone outside of Japan even know who Naruhito is?

Yet for some reason, the world gets a facefull of the British royal family--like it or not.  I don't mind the figurehead status and all--but this has been going on for at least my entire life (Charles/Diana were in the news constantly back when I was growing up).  Seems like there's too much focus on the House of Windsor.

partially was that the queen had been queen for 70 years

10 minutes ago, DietzDiet said:

and thus the longest reigning monarch (iirc).

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

35 minutes ago, Lightwreather JfromN said:

and thus the longest reigning monarch (iirc).

Second longest by two years, but Louis XIV had a twenty year head start because he was coronated when he was five.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

1 minute ago, Needfuldoer said:

Second longest by two years, but Louis XIV had a twenty year head start because he was coronated when he was five.

if i am being honest, i have no idea about monarchy heck i forgor who charles and diana is 

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

3 hours ago, DietzDiet said:

Well if longevity is the key, it would explain the fetishism for all things GM, despite year of screwing over their customers.