Finally saw The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

TopWargamer
I know I'm behind on seeing this movie, but I'm glad I finally did. It was much better than I expected. It makes you feel good afterwards and gets you thinking about some things. 

From the movie (Life Magazine's motto):

"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other, and to feel. That is the purpose of life."

If you haven't seen this movie yet, just go see it. Trust me, it's not a waste of 2 hours. 

COMIC SANS

I quite enjoyed it.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

it was priity good

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Loved the cinematography and flow of this one!

Great feel-good movie, must say I was very positively surprised by its overall quality.

Cheers,

Linus

Yeah it was a pretty good film.

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda

The trailer kind of reminds me of 'Into the Wild', which is a film about a young guy who leaves society and goes to live free, it's an amazing showcase of some beautiful parts of the USA and a great film IMO.

Into-the-wild.jpg

I really liked that film, very memorable, I'm going to watch this film you've just recommended because I like the look of that too.

The OST in general is really good. 

This gives me more reason to watch it, I like films with good soundtracks, I'll even re-watch some that aren't even that great because they have good music.

Is it on Neflix I wonder...

I loved it

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Is it on Neflix I wonder...

No, but it's on Zona.

;)

COMIC SANS

No, but it's on Zona.

;)

Hmm that requires software to be installed though... I still think Icefilms is top for streaming.

Yeah I put it off for a while thinking Ben Stiller would ruin it but he actually played it really well.

• 3 weeks later...

@TopWargamer

True to my word I watched this movie last night, I enjoyed it, it had some memorable moments (like when his text appears on the hill in Iceland, the guy who's thumb was in the photo doing karaoke and rambling drunk through his immense beard, the whole scene in the boat, using his dating agency helpline assistant to verify his identity).

After having seen it I can only recommend 'Into The Wild' even more so than I did before, it has far more of the exploration element and has a similar feel to it.

Looks like a great movie, will be watching it on Netflix.

@DeViLzzz Fun fact, it's just clicked for me that Sean O'Connel the elusive photographer (Sean Penn) from The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, was the director of Into The Wild.