Trying to sell my desktop but dont know how much to sell it for

Hey guys I'm going to be selling my rig and was wondering how much I can get it for?
I'm gonna be moving countries and can't bring it with me so I'll just make another rig
once I finally move. The prices below is in AUD and I know i wont get 7k for it I just need
to know the ballpark of how much this would sell for now. PC is 2 years old if that helps.

sorry if this is the wrong area to post this 😓

The specs and price I bought it for: 

image.thumb.png.08e1c6774ec284e579d5c581816d96a7.png

Best way to know, is if you go onto E-Bay and look up individual components and then add them all up, you get the value of your parts.

If you want value of your PC probably take -10% or -15% off of the price because it's sold as a bundle and there you go.

Main PC:

CPU: Intel Core i9 13900KS SP 116 (124P-102E) (6.1Ghz P-Cores 4.8Ghz E-cores) MC SP 88

CPU Voltage: LLC8 1.525V (real voltage 1.425V + - Temps 85-90 P-Cores, 70-73 E-cores)

Cooled by: Supercool Direct Die 14th gen full nickel

Motherboard: Z790 ASUS Maximus Apex Encore

RAM: GSkill TridentZ 2x24GB DDR5 8600Mhz CL38 (OC from 8000Mhz CL40)

GPU: RTX MSI 4090 Suprim X with EKWB waterblock

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and wood

Storage: 4x 2TB Sarbent Rocket Plus Gen 4.0 NVMe, 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda (Backup)

WiFi: BE202 WiFi 7 Tri-Band card module

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables with 2x Corsair 5V+ Load Balancer

Display: Samsung Oddysey G9 240Hz Ver. 5120x1440 with G-Sync and Freesync Premium Pro 1008 Firmware Ver, and 1x Electriq USB C 1080p 15'8 inch IPS portable display for temperature and stats, MSI 23'8 144Hz G-Sync

Fan Controllers:  6x AquaComputer Octo with 5 temperature sensors

Cooling: Three Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for GPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, red coolant

2nd Loop: 5x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators with 1x Revo D5 RGB pump and 1x Rajintek Antila D5 Evo RGB pump for CPU only cooling with 2x Koolance QDC3, purple coolant

3rd Loop: 1x 240mm PE CoolStream radiator with 1x EKWB Revo D5 pump (RAM ONLY)

Total: 5x pumps and 13x radiators 50x 3000RPM Noctua Industrial fans

Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow V3 RGB - Green switches

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers

Mouse: Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock

Piano: Yamaha P155

Phone: Oppo Find X5 Pro

Camera: Logitech Brio Pro 4K

VR: Oculus Rift S

External SSD: 256GB Overclocking OS

LaptopMSI Titan GT77HX V13RTX 4090 175W, i9 13980HX OC: P-Cores 5.8Ghz 3 cores and 5.2Ghz 5 cores and E-Cores 4.3Ghz, 192GB of RAM @5600Mhz @3600 (chipset limit),

12TB (3x4TB) of NVMe, 17'3 inch 4K 144Hz MiniLED screen, 4x 17'3 ASUS portable USB-C Monitors 240Hz, Creative Sound Blaster G6 Sound Card, Portable 16TB NVMe in TB4 enclosures (8x2TB), Razer Basilisk Ultimate Wireless with charging dock gaming mouse, Keychron K3 gaming keyboard with blue switches low profile, Logitech Brio 4K Webcam.

Hand held: ROG Ally with XG Mobile RTX 3080 with Keychron K3 low profile keyboard (Blue Switches) and Razer Hyperspeed V3 mouse and 4TB NVMe upgrade (WDBlack SN850X), with 100W 20000Mah power bank and portable monitor ROG XG17AHP 17'3 inch 240Hz with built in battery, and 518Wh Power station for Camping.

All the prices I'm about to mention are in USD since it's what I know best, I'll give the rough amounts I'd expect if I were parting out the machine locally, then I'll convert to AUD at the end for the total. 

CPU - $200

Cooler - $50

Motherboard - $100

RAM - $120

SSD - $30 and $60 respectively

GPU - $400

Case - $50

PSU - $60

Fans - $30 total

Monitor - $200

RGB stuff - comes with the case (used RGB gear in my experience doesn't sell on its own)

All together that would be ~$1300 US, or about $1800 AUD. In order to get it to actually sell, I'd knock about $100-200 off that figure, so list it for ~$1600-1700, and be willing to take $1500-1600, maybe a little lower depending on how quick you want it gone.

Id say around 1200-1600 USD, When selling a system like this, Fans arent included in pricing and such, stuff like the Com pro and icue stuff just doesnt equate to much unless thats something they want. The GPU is probably only gonna be around 400ish USD, CPU is around 150-225 USD. 

Around  1500$ for the system without peripherals. People shopping for a used pc usually never want them.

The screen still seems to go used for between 3-400$

Is this a huge pricedrop from the 7000 you paid? Yes defo. But its normal. You got the highest end stuff and very much so paid the premium for it but used buyers simply will not care about that. That 600$ motherboard to then is worth as much as that 100$ new b450 tomahawk they could get. Same story for everything else.

The used market is regulated by the cheapest competitive alternative.

You will simply put get more money for this system if you part it out and get a lucky buyer but other than that you are sol here.

Use ebay prices:

3900xt 200-250$

Kraken: 70-110$

Board: not sold-160$

Ram: around 140$

500gb ssd: 50$

1tb ssd: 80-90$

2080ti: 450-600$

case: almost none sold sold ones are sub 100$

psu: 70$

fans: 15$ a piece

Whats the reason for selling?

19 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Around  1500$ for the system without peripherals. People shopping for a used pc usually never want them.

The screen still seems to go used for between 3-400$

Is this a huge pricedrop from the 7000 you paid? Yes defo. But its normal. You got the highest end stuff and very much so paid the premium for it but used buyers simply will not care about that. That 600$ motherboard to then is worth as much as that 100$ new b450 tomahawk they could get. Same story for everything else.

The used market is regulated by the cheapest competitive alternative.

You will simply put get more money for this system if you part it out and get a lucky buyer but other than that you are sol here.

Use ebay prices:

3900xt 200-250$

Kraken: 70-110$

Board: not sold-160$

Ram: around 140$

500gb ssd: 50$

1tb ssd: 80-90$

2080ti: 450-600$

case: almost none sold sold ones are sub 100$

psu: 70$

fans: 15$ a piece

Whats the reason for selling?

yeah i know I wont get the amount I paid for its just the way it is with PCs
only reason im selling is im moving to the US and dont want the hassle of 
trying to bring it with me and can use my laptop for the mean time while

waiting for newer parts to become available.

14 minutes ago, Gankkya said:

I mean if you want my honest opinion, just sell the case +fans, Monitor, PSU, and aio, the rest should be easily able to fit in a case with enough protection. Mobo, cpu, ram easily fit in a mobo box with both SSDS on it, then the GPU is able to fit. Should  help save a bit 🙂 

43 minutes ago, Gankkya said:

Ive seen many topics about this and well if ya yeet the case, monitor and fans all thr other parts are quite small and easily fit in hand bagage

I'm thinking most estimates here are pretty low, a 2 yrs old system that cost around US$ 5K to build can be sold for half of that that's still 2.5k

And given the loss you'll face anyway, keeping and moving all the "smaller" parts (ie everything except the case and monitor, maybe the PSU depending where you go with 110V/220V) seems waymore clever 🙂

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

update on the pc, my coworker will grab it all and has no issues paying for 2700 aud for it. Pretty happy with it, can probably buy a laptop for now and just build a new PC when i get to san antonio.

You'd probably have got a whole lot more for it, if you sold each individual component separately on eBay. But that would have taken time, time I think you don't have. 

Uche | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core CPU | 16GB | MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max | RTX 3070

13 hours ago, Gankkya said:

2700 aud

That's reasonable, monitors are expensive. 

eBay the components and filter ONLY by sold/completed. 

That’s what it’s worth, minus your shipping costs. Every other price in this thread is just people randomly guessing.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20