Please hurt my feelings

DARBADARBZ

Just bought a new case and ordered a bunch of new parts. I love this stupid computer, but friends tell me it's bad so please burst my bubble. I run Windows 11 and use it for Microsoft Flight Simulator and YouTube.

image.thumb.jpeg.435d37fff51f43b12d3bc287742fd2d8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e7eac841831c06837c81774c1d3eca87.jpeg

AMD A10-5800k (Overclocked to 4.3GHz, will go higher when AIO arrives)

AMD Radeon RX 560 (Overclocked)

16GB of Samsung DDR3 at 1600MHz

Antec DP501 case

Full specs are in profile. Please make me cry or tell the truth and tell me it's good. 

20 minutes ago, DARBADARBZ said:

Just bought a new case and ordered a bunch of new parts. I love this stupid computer, but friends tell me it's bad so please burst my bubble. I run Windows 11 and use it for Microsoft Flight Simulator and YouTube.

image.thumb.jpeg.435d37fff51f43b12d3bc287742fd2d8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.e7eac841831c06837c81774c1d3eca87.jpeg

AMD A10-5800k (Overclocked to 4.3GHz, will go higher when AIO arrives)

AMD Radeon RX 560 (Overclocked)

16GB of Samsung DDR3 at 1600MHz

Antec DP501 case

Full specs are in profile. Please make me cry or tell the truth and tell me it's good. 

uhmmm it's rlly bad. Perhaps not the gpu but with the current pricing and stuff instead of getting a aio buy a better cpu

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

Your computer is bad and you should feel bad.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, aisle9 said:

Your computer is bad and you should feel bad.

yours is gay colored though

1. That's an OEM HP board (MS-7778) that they've designed to take Intel coolers on AMD socket... love when companies engineer weird stuff like that

2. How did you get W11 to install on it? Did you seriously went through all the effort of editing registry just to get it to work.

3. I like the case... it's probably worth more than everything else in the pc

4. Please change that back case fan to something larger

5. That APU was considered to be pretty average if not slow even when it was new. That was 10 years ago.

6. Changing to those side SATA ports would probably make it look a bit tidier

7. I think you didn't plug in the 4 pin EPS power connector that's next to the cpu socket/where you plugged in the back fan (if i'm looking at the right mobo pic)

Overall, I give this a solid 4/10 - you're focusing on the wrong things if at all

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

3 minutes ago, Mo5 said:

1. That's an OEM HP board (MS-7778) that they've designed to take Intel coolers on AMD socket... love when companies engineer weird stuff like that

2. How did you get W11 to install on it? Did you seriously went through all the effort of editing registry just to get it to work.

5. That APU was considered to be pretty average if not slow even when it was new. That was 10 years ago.

7. I think you didn't plug in the 4 pin EPS power connector that's next to the cpu socket/where you plugged in the back fan (if i'm looking at the right mobo pic)

Overall, I give this a solid 4/10 - you're focusing on the wrong things if at all

oof a solid roast

I have an ASUS G14 2021 with Manjaro KDE and I am a professional Linux NoOB and also pretty bad at General Computing.

ALSO I DON'T EDIT MY POSTS* NOWADAYS SO NO NEED TO REFRESH BEFORE REPLYING *unless I edit my post

5 minutes ago, Mo5 said:

uhmm btw ur cpu is 13 yrs old and ur gpu has a head room even when it's even older tthan the rx560

5 minutes ago, Mo5 said:

2. Yes I did LOL

3. Ouch

4. I have a 120mm that came with the case, but BIOS yells at me and says chassis fan not decided even though its spinning

5. But it was a world record overclocker

6. Holy crap good ideah

7. I did, it's just hidden behind the cooler

2 minutes ago, DARBADARBZ said:

2. Yes I did LOL

3. Ouch

4. I have a 120mm that came with the case, but BIOS yells at me and says chassis fan not decided even though its spinning

6. Holy crap good ideah

7. I did, it's just hidden behind the cooler

2. if that's how you want to spend your time go ahead i guess

3. funny because it's probably true

4. what are the odds the rpm speed signal wire is broken... probably close to none but considering the other fan works might be worth checking out. or just ignoring the error

5. just because it overclocked good doesn't mean it's actually a good cpu overall

6. yes.

7. literally can't see the cable but if you say you did then it must be true

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

4 minutes ago, DARBADARBZ said:

This is completely meaningless in 2022. That thing is incredibly slow today. 

This build reminds me of my windows 7 build were I transplanted a lenovo H420 (2 gen intel i series) to a thermaltake lanbox lite ( a case from 2011 ish).

I do have 10GB of ram (most of my PC's run very weird ram kits)

I still run windows 7(original OS) on it with the original hard drive (old hitachi).

Yes I love this PC but I kept it period correct and use it for win7 specific games.

But your build its the opposite of a sleeper pc.

The old AMD A series is not a fun platform.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

2 hours ago, DARBADARBZ said:

yours is gay colored though

Hypnotoad will make that thing of yours his bitch.

Edit: mods, this whole exchange is a joke based on the thread title. I think.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

At first, I was thinking, "now, why would I hurt your feelings? I'm sure you did a good job."

Then I saw that exhaust fan.

Then everything just... kinda went downhill from there.

I mean... listen... if it works for you, it works for you. But christ, whatever you spent on this system, that's money you're never gonna get back.

Sit on that for a bit.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

Bloody Intel stock cooler fan is not the right way up. That'll definitely ruffle some feathers even if one were to excuse the use of the stock cooler. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

Am I the only one getting tweaked by the coloured cables and the fact that the tempered glass still has the film / sticker on it. Do the peel man.

Also I doubt that chip was ever a good overclocker when it was under a stock cooler.