Chip companies are scrambling to hire college students dazzled by software dollars

On 7/1/2022 at 4:47 AM, Dracarris said:

JFC this is sooo fucked up beyond imagination (including the rest of what you wrote).

It gets even more fucked when you learn that you'll likely spend triple (or more) on paying down debt before that $47,000 is paid off because of how they apply payments.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

3 hours ago, PocketNerd said:

It gets even more fucked when you learn that you'll likely spend triple (or more) on paying down debt before that $47,000 is paid off because of how they apply payments.

Its even worse because Im on a payment plan. I pay $56 a month. So..... yeah. Now that being said, Im good a saving money, I live with my folks so I can save money. When I have extra I pay extra. Lots of times I use my Tax return to pay down some of this debt. Because when you make a manual payment you can apply it to what loan you like. So I apply it to one loan and that pays things down. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Why does everyone blame the government for a private business that can't keep itself going?  

Take some responsibility for your actions. 

huh I feel like it's a pretext to get some other tax or fund advantage 

since they can't find employees they need to form them themselves or by "third" parties, the gov should help with public fund or tax cuts

they do this all of the time, no matter which industry 

3 minutes ago, 12345678 said:

huh I feel like it's a pretext to get some other tax or fund advantage 

since they can't find employees they need to form them themselves or by "third" parties, the gov should help with public fund or tax cuts

they do this all of the time, no matter which industry 

I mean they are getting money from the Chip Act. If you have been following the labor market in the US, its not good. A lot of older Americans decided to leave the work force during the whole Covid thing. That has left a lot of jobs open. Since the baby boomers people have been having less kids. With that means we have a aging population and a decreasing population. So it might be a hire them now because they might not have anyone to hire in the future type of thing. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.