Help with new ($1000) ($US) PC (No Graphics Card)

I did say I would probably get a better cpu cooler down the line like a closed loop water cooler most likely

If the difference is "budget" parts that still perform at a high level and a GTX 780 or higher quality, but not performing parts and a GTX 770?

Take the 780 and get that amazing performance.

Nothing impacts performance more than the GPU, you want to get the best possible GPU that you can afford.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Well the money for the graphics card Is a compleatly different thing since if there is a budget here it will only save me a week of time so no need to budget anything here just go as all out as you can

Oh. "I'm done talking with you." You were the one who began by assuming that we're all stupid twits. And now you storm off in a huff? Funny.

I'm going to first apologize to the OP that this thread headed in this direction. Choose what you'd like, because according to this guy, "The parts all work".

But to you sir, maybe it would be to your benefit to understand that maybe there are people who perceive things differently than you do. That's fine. I would have just made the remark that the build you listed is a little on the budget side of things, given that one could go higher up in terms of quality while staying within the budget. But we are not clueless, and there's no reason to make that comment unless someone truly is rambling on about something he or she is not familiar with. Surely, there exists much diversity in this world, and my opinion differs from yours.

You seem to feel the need to defend the CX600M, 212 EVO, and PNY XLR8 120GB. Surely, no one was questioning whether these products "all work". Yes they do. In fact, they do so quite reliably. The CX600M's CWT platform is one that is reliable and made by a well-known OEM. The 212 EVO is nothing short of legendary, and the same could be said of the PNY SSD's price tag. The point we're trying to get across is that those components aren't a good choice for the price. According to your logic, if someone stated that their budget was $2000, we should all just copy + paste the same budget build with those three parts and be done with it. A budget is made to be fulfilled to the best of its ability.

But I think you've won. I will now leave. No one will spend the time to try to argue with an obstinate rock. On another note, it's rather amusing that you deem me a peasant, when you're the only suggesting an underpriced build.

You have no effing idea what you are talking about.  The i5 is the perfect CPU for his needs.  I included the GPU to show him that a top of the line build can be accomplished for around $1100 with GPU.  The Hyper 212 EVO is an amazing. I repeat, amazing CPU cooler.  You get more performance for $30 than any other cooler.  I have an i5 OC'd to 4.7Ghz @ 1.275v with a Hyper 212 EVO and the highest temperature I have ever recorded was 77C while stress testing.  He will not benefit from 1866Mhz RAM.  The difference from 1333Mhz to 3000Mhz RAM is 2%, the difference from 1600 to 1866 is less than a single percent.

Look at this Haswell Guide to RAM

Seriously, you have no idea what you are talking about.

The i5 performs well, nobody will deny that. It's a great performing CPU for gaming. OP wanted to do video editting as well, a 4770k will benefit him greatly. Faster ram will benefit him as well. And he has a 1000 dollar buget, the hyper 212 and CX600M is for people who want a cheap computer, they're great parts for the price, the hyper 212 is well regarded as a cheap component for people without money to buy, but it is in no way an amazing cooler. He would be much better off with a noctua NH-U12s or a Dark Rock Pro 2. And as for the PNY SSD, it's a nice cheap SSD, but cheap comes with a price. It's not as reliable or as fast as something from samsung or intel. Or even crucial. Crucial m500 would be a much smarter choice with his budget. You have the mind set of a poor person, not the mind of someone with a pretty high budget. Your parts would be great for someone building a 500 dollar PC or a console competitor, not for a 1000 dollar GPUless system, which the OP has a seperate budget for a GPU, he needs a nice, strong, reliable base system, and then he can figure out the graphics card later.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

The i5 performs well, nobody will deny that. It's a great performing CPU for gaming. OP wanted to do video editting as well, a 4770k will benefit him greatly. Faster ram will benefit him as well. And he has a 1000 dollar buget, the hyper 212 and CX600M is for people who want a cheap computer, they're great parts for the price, the hyper 212 is well regarded as a cheap component for people without money to buy, but it is in no way an amazing cooler. He would be much better off with a noctua NH-U12s or a Dark Rock Pro 2. And as for the PNY SSD, it's a nice cheap SSD, but cheap comes with a price. It's not as reliable or as fast as something from samsung or intel. Or even crucial. Crucial m500 would be a much smarter choice with his budget. You have the mind set of a poor person, not the mind of someone with a pretty high budget. Your parts would be great for someone building a 500 dollar PC or a console competitor, not for a 1000 dollar GPUless system, which the OP has a seperate budget for a GPU, he needs a nice, strong, reliable base system, and then he can figure out the graphics card later.

My opinion is clearly different from others, I am merely trying to show the OP that the same performance can be had for less money while still being plenty reliable, and not cheap.

There is nothing unreliable about any of the parts I selected. I selected those parts with functionality in mind while reducing redundancy.  The build I created is very high end in terms of performance.  After a certain point, you start to see diminishing returns on your investment.  My build is right at that point of diminishing returns, everything is at its apex of value and performance.  There is nothing, absolutely nothing cheap about this computer, everything is reliable and will perform extremely well, allowing him to max out his budget on parts that have the most impact on performance.

He is not a professional, the i5 will still allow him to do what he needs to do, and do it well.  If he really wants an i7, then go and get an i7, but the rest of the parts are very good.  This is the only part I would change.

The Hyper 212 considered a cheap option?  Its cheap and it works extremely well, that's PERFORMANCE and VALUE.  If you decide to go H100i over Hyper 212 EVO, you are paying 3x as much for .1-.2 better overclock?  Not worth it.  You're telling me that 4.7Ghz @ 1.275v OC on my i5 w/ 212 EVO is not good enough for you?

What is the benefit to spending more money for a PSU?  More efficiency to save him a couple of dollars a year when you are paying $30 more up front?  The PSU will die before it makes his money back.  PSUs typically only have a lifespan of 3-5 years, and by that time, it might be time for a new computer.  Functionality.  Don't spend more if it isn't necessary.

The PNY is not as fast as other brands, yes, but that speed is for very large file transfers, which I doubt he will do with regularity. Even then, it is just time. 5min for a transfer compared to 3min,  Better spend that $30 to save 2min of my life the few rare times one might transfer files in excess of 10GB.  I would rather double down and go for 240GB than go with 120GB of Samsung for the same price. For day-to-day tasks, all SSDs are going to perform the same.  Those speeds are for large file transfers, a rarity for the average user.  SSDs are extremely reliable, there are no moving parts, it is not prone to failure like an HDD.  There is nothing unreliable about PNY, and the vast majority of PNYs products come with lifetime warranties.  This specific SSD comes with a 3 year warranty, the same warranty length as the 120GB Samsung 840 EVO.  If he doesn't want PNY, then go Kingston, or Crucial, but spending $30 more for an SSD that you are using for basic tasks?  I have the Kingston V300 with the supposed bad flash NAND.  My computer is blazing fast.  It goes from off to on and running programs in 8-10 seconds--fast.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

correction a good PSU in theory can last up to 11.4 years of continuous use 

even after crossing 4 years if you do maintain them

you can get up to 3 years extra from the PSU typical life

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

My opinion is clearly different from others, I am merely trying to show the OP that the same performance can be had for less money while still being plenty reliable, and not cheap.

There is nothing unreliable about any of the parts I selected. I selected those parts with functionality in mind while reducing redundancy.  The build I created is very high end in terms of performance.  After a certain point, you start to see diminishing returns on your investment.  My build is right at that point of diminishing returns, everything is at its apex of value and performance.  There is nothing, absolutely nothing cheap about this computer, everything is reliable and will perform extremely well, allowing him to max out his budget on parts that have the most impact on performance.

He is not a professional, the i5 will still allow him to do what he needs to do, and do it well.  If he really wants an i7, then go and get an i7, but the rest of the parts are very good.  This is the only part I would change.

The Hyper 212 considered a cheap option?  Its cheap and it works extremely well, that's PERFORMANCE and VALUE.  If you decide to go H100i over Hyper 212 EVO, you are paying 3x as much for .1-.2 better overclock?  Not worth it.  You're telling me that 4.7Ghz @ 1.275v OC on my i5 w/ 212 EVO is not good enough for you?

What is the benefit to spending more money for a PSU?  More efficiency to save him a couple of dollars a year when you are paying $30 more up front?  The PSU will die before it makes his money back.  PSUs typically only have a lifespan of 3-5 years, and by that time, it might be time for a new computer.  Functionality.  Don't spend more if it isn't necessary.

The PNY is not as fast as other brands, yes, but that speed is for very large file transfers, which I doubt he will do with regularity. Even then, it is just time. 5min for a transfer compared to 3min,  Better spend that $30 to save 2min of my life the few rare times one might transfer files in excess of 10GB.  I would rather double down and go for 240GB than go with 120GB of Samsung for the same price. For day-to-day tasks, all SSDs are going to perform the same.  Those speeds are for large file transfers, a rarity for the average user.  SSDs are extremely reliable, there are no moving parts, it is not prone to failure like an HDD.  There is nothing unreliable about PNY, and the vast majority of PNYs products come with lifetime warranties.  This specific SSD comes with a 3 year warranty, the same warranty length as the 120GB Samsung 840 EVO.  If he doesn't want PNY, then go Kingston, or Crucial, but spending $30 more for an SSD that you are using for basic tasks?  I have the Kingston V300 with the supposed bad flash NAND.  My computer is blazing fast.  It goes from off to on and running programs in 8-10 seconds--fast.

Yes, the hyper 212 is a cheap option. It performs extremely well for the price, but its nothing spectacular. I hate AIO coolers btw, they're loud and expensive, and don't perform that much better than high end air coolers.

The OP did say he was going to edit videos and pictures, that just makes me assume that he's going to be reading and writing alot. Faster SSD would benefit.

As for the PSU, i is very worth it to buy a higher efficient, and better built PSU upfront. It will save you money overtime and last longer. And higher built PSUs have much longer warranties. CX600M is a great option for cheap computers, its funfctional, but it doesn't make sense to put it inside a high end system, it's a great component, but it is not a high end component.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Yes, the hyper 212 is a cheap option. It performs extremely well for the price, but its nothing spectacular. I hate AIO coolers btw, they're loud and expensive, and don't perform that much better than high end air coolers.

The OP did say he was going to edit videos and pictures, that just makes me assume that he's going to be reading and writing alot. Faster SSD would benefit.

As for the PSU, i is very worth it to buy a higher efficient, and better built PSU upfront. It will save you money overtime and last longer. And higher built PSUs have much longer warranties. CX600M is a great option for cheap computers, its funfctional, but it doesn't make sense to put it inside a high end system, it's a great component, but it is not a high end component.

Again, I will gladly take all of these what you call "inferior" products if it means getting a GTX 780 over a 770.  You are going to get more performance from a 780 and PNY SSD than a 770 and Samsung SSD.

here is a super PSU from Seasonic

http://www.seasonicusa.com/Platinum_Series_XP3.htm

they don't just slap a 7 year warranty for nothing 

it means that this PSU is built to last you for 2 system builds without any failure and even it does fail they will replace your faulty with a brand new one 

yes it may be costly for high efficient PSU but you have to factor in the power savings let say 7 years it make sense for investing the extra dollars for 80 plus gold over bronze

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

0_0 1200 Watt sounds a bit overkill :o but still dat warranty tho

0_0 1200 Watt sounds a bit overkill :o but still dat warranty tho

Good psu typically come with 5 or 7 year warranty when compare with the usual 3 year. I would not mind buying it for the extra assurance.

@Faceman I dont know if anyone has noticed but you have essentially gone around the forums suggesting the same old things to everyone. saying gpu = 40-50% of budget. or going for a pny ssd. 780 > everything else

Suggesting simply functionality > everything else

Although i do agree with you that its bang for the buck. I can hardly suggest a cx series psu for someone with a 1000 dollar budget. You seem to just stomp on anyone that argues your opinion on Price per performance.

Did you take into account what OP wants? Or perhaps they want a silent system and a 212 cooler isn't going to cut it? with the 1000 dollar budget you can build a silent system with a rm series psu and a nh d14 that is barely audible except under load. 

you can really go wrong with a build if its not bottlenecked by something. A i7 + 770 is totally fine for 1080p gaming. He might as well dump the extra cash on extra ram if he needs it / make his system silence optimised.

imo, keeping 50 ish dollars to swap case fans/ cooler fans for something quieter or for more airflow is very much worth it at that budget. Or even going for a decent case you find appealing. Nothing wrong about that. Are you going to stomp on someone who buys say a H440 when he has a sub 1.5k budget because its not price per performance?

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

@Faceman I dont know if anyone has noticed but you have essentially gone around the forums suggesting the same old things to everyone. saying gpu = 40-50% of budget. or going for a pny ssd. 780 > everything else

Although i do agree with you that its bang for the buck. I can hardly suggest a cx series psu for someone with a 1000 dollar budget. You seem to just stomp on anyone that argues your opinion on Price per performance.

Did you take into account what OP wants? Or perhaps they want a silent system and a 212 cooler isn't going to cut it? with the 1000 dollar budget you can build a silent system with a rm series psu and a nh d14 that is barely audible except under load.

you can really go wrong with a build if its not bottlenecked by something. A i7 + 770 is totally fine for 1080p gaming. He might as well dump the extra cash on extra ram if he needs it / make his system silence optimised.

imo, keeping 50 ish dollars to swap case fans/ cooler fans for something quieter or for more airflow is very much worth it at that budget. Or even going for a decent case you find appealing. Nothing wrong about that. Are you going to stomp on someone who buys say a H440 when he has a sub 1.5k budget because its not price per performance?

This I have to agree,

It just remind me of youngsters bolting on a huge turbo to their car but use just fairly decent supporting parts and expect their car to smoke the drag strip

The only end result is a blown up car

wow please don't argue everyone has their own build setup for this which is why i asked the forum so i can get a a lot of different build suggestions that vary. I am probably going to pick out the best list that fits my needs best by thursday night then ill order the parts on friday (tomorrow). All suggestions here are great choices and the only reason i said i was going to get a 770 was not because i don't have enough money its because i thought anything more would be overkill for my 1080p monitor so i can always get a better graphics card since the money isnt a problem. By the end of today i shall close this post (If i find out how >.>) and pick off my favorite build then. All builds are great ideas because even I when i tried to make my own build (Which went horribly) only had a i5 and some low end parts since i got lost as to where the money went :o but you guys have chosen amazing builds that i never expected so thank you all :D it feels great knowing i have so many options now and hopefully more by the end of the day :3

don't worry we don't bite

if you still need answer feel free to ask us

Thanks :D well im off to my classes today :< but i shall return and find out THE BEST BUILD (for my taste) then shop for it tomorrow :3

Performance is greater than everything else, and nothing impacts performance more than the GPU.  I suggested this build for many people because it is very logical and practical for most people.  It gives you amazing performance from day one while remaining upgrade-ready.  If you can go with less expensive components at parts X, Y, Z, that don't have an impact on FPS, for a more important component that does have a direct impact on FPS, while remaining at or under budget, that is the option I am going to suggest.

Everyone has their own opinions, wants, and needs, and most importantly budget.  If I find someone with this similar budget and the same needs, then I am going to recommend them a similar system, because 60% of the people on the New Builds and Planning section are asking for the best performing system for their money around the $1000 mark. If they are spending their money on aesthetics, I damn well better let them know that there is the OPTION to do it differently and achieve better in-game results.

If someone is selecting more expensive parts at components X, Y, Z at the cost of a lesser GPU, I am going to let them know that they can reallocate their funds to get the most performance out of their budget.  Especially when parts X, Y, Z are a lot more interchangeable and inexpensive than the GPU.  Case is a very aesthetics and personal choice, if the option is between a H440 and GTX 770 or a Corsair 300R and a GTX 780, I am going to let them know that they are picking aesthetics over performance.

This is my opinion on the option for the best price to performance that I would say the vast majority of people want.  The best for less.

@Ritsukashy

Here is an updated build with all the bells and whistles if that is the route you choose to take.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3xIk3
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3xIk3/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3xIk3/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.99 @ Amazon) <-- Quality CPU cooler
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($69.99 @ Newegg) <-- I found a really good deal on some 1866Mhz RAM, that is the same price as 1600Mhz.
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($89.99 @ TigerDirect) <-- Your top of the line SSD that performs and comes with the same warranty as the $60 PNY XLR8 PRO
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Superclocked ACX Video Card  ($499.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Corsair 300R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ Newegg) <-- This case for $40 is an incredible deal.  Check out some unboxings and reviews.  Better to get an inexpensive, yet high quality case and fill it with excellent case fans.
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 550W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($72.25 @ Newegg) <-- Really nice PSU with a 7 year warranty, definitely go for this over the CX600M if funds are there.
Case Fan: Cougar Vortex PWM 70.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($10.00)
Case Fan: Cougar Vortex PWM 70.5 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($10.00) <-- Very high quality and quiet case fans.  They often go on sale for $10 ea. on Newegg and TigerDirect.
Total: $1378.16
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-24 13:03 EDT-0400)

@Ritsukashy 

Something like this paired with your 770 would be decent

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3y1HH
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3y1HH/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($299.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($71.99 @ Mwave) 
Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($158.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($164.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($80.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.33 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $1016.27
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-24 23:09 EDT-0400)

Of course you could pick another case or motherboard depending on your liking / colour scheme you might like. But this should give you a general idea when you are shopping around.
Feel free to use your 500gb hard disk for now. you could always add more down the road if you need it.

Or you could go amd:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3y1YC
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3y1YC/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($151.98 @ OutletPC) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($89.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($120.00 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($159.99 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($80.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($119.99 @ NCIX US) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $842.93
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-04-24 23:15 EDT-0400)

Leaves you lots of room to get an additional drive now, better case fans like gentle typhoons / noctuas or even save the money now for your 770 or even save for a r9 290 if you really wanted to

Both the 4770k and 8320 will handle everything you are doing well.
Depending on where you are buying your stuff, you might want to take a look at your options. Also instead of a 770 you could try a R9 280x for around the same price but it has 3gb of vram which some games do require.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

I have to agree with Faceman on this, the Capstone-M is of higher quality than the RMs and goes for a much more acceptable price.

Performance is greater than everything else, and nothing impacts performance more than the GPU.  I suggested this build for many people because it is very logical and practical for most people.  It gives you amazing performance from day one while remaining upgrade-ready.  If you can go with less expensive components at parts X, Y, Z, that don't have an impact on FPS, for a more important component that does have a direct impact on FPS, while remaining at or under budget, that is the option I am going to suggest.

Everyone has their own opinions, wants, and needs, and most importantly budget.  If I find someone with this similar budget and the same needs, then I am going to recommend them a similar system, because 60% of the people on the New Builds and Planning section are asking for the best performing system for their money around the $1000 mark. If they are spending their money on aesthetics, I damn well better let them know that there is the OPTION to do it differently and achieve better in-game results.

If someone is selecting more expensive parts at components X, Y, Z at the cost of a lesser GPU, I am going to let them know that they can reallocate their funds to get the most performance out of their budget.  Especially when parts X, Y, Z are a lot more interchangeable and inexpensive than the GPU.  Case is a very aesthetics and personal choice, if the option is between a H440 and GTX 770 or a Corsair 300R and a GTX 780, I am going to let them know that they are picking aesthetics over performance.

This is my opinion on the option for the best price to performance that I would say the vast majority of people want.  The best for less.

Why do you think people spend money on asthetics / silence ? Because they value the importance of it.

I'm pretty sure nobody wants a wind tunnel next to them when gaming. Nor would they want to be constantly eyeballing that blue color ram and gold color gpu on a red black motherboard. If they went ahead and chose the cheapest and most value per performance part.

Yes sometimes aesthetics don't matter if you're building in a system with no window etc.

In that sense yes, feel free to go whichever route you like.

STILL, what you are basically doing is like undercutting the rest of your system for maybe 60fps vs 75fps in maybe 10% of games at the highest settings?

Would you be able to notice that difference? You could always take a notch off your settings on the weaker gpu to match that 75fps anyway.

My point is :

Why skimp on certain parts for something you might not even need? Sure its good to have the best gpu available but if a 770 meets his needs why opt for a 780 so forcefully?

You are basically saying : " No, buy the 780. You are doing it wrong. Buy the 780 "

I'd rather place my faith on more quality / well regarded parts. Even if its that bit more expensive, at least in my mind you can rest easy and know that you have a good system.

I have to agree with Faceman on this, the Capstone-M is of higher quality than the RMs and goes for a much more acceptable price.

Well, i suggested the rm650/750 basically cause of the zero rpm fan mode. His system would stay below 40% load like 70% of the time. There are other more quality psu with similar functions definitely. Just my suggestion  :P

Also the rosewill psu would pretty much run at almost peak load with the 4770k and 780.

Be Quiet would have been my suggestion, because if you're going to implement an extremely conservative, "zero rpm" fan mode then there should be enough quality to withstand the extra stress that the PSU is going to go through without active cooling at times. The RMs have terrible choice in caps, and it beats me why they retail at such a high price. 

Seasonic G series or Capstone-M are both much better built units. I know that Be Quiet doesn't even need a zero fan mode, their pure wings and silentwings PSU fans already kick the crap out of the competition.