[AMD] Guess what's coming soon [UPDATE]

pixeldensity

OR IT'S THE RUMORED 12 CORE PHENOM II AT 6GHZ!!!!!!

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

something about GULFSHORES is embedded in the page.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

I think this is pretty obvious. It's going to be a new APU. AMD please stop making APU's they are a crap idea.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

That is true...

The Radeon HD 7970 Ultimate?!?! I thought those were a myth!

And 8,000th post... This is nice.

Noooooo ooooo oooo you have surpassed me what as I supposed to do?!?!?!

I think this is pretty obvious. It's going to be a new APU. AMD please stop making APU's they are a crap idea.

The were a good idea originally now the good ones cost too much. Theur still making a bundle off of them in the low ebd and embedded segment because of pure price to performance.

I bet whatever it is, its not as awesome as its hyped up to be.. I hope I'm wrong

@ I need to know what your avatar is, and where its from. Its been bothering me for a while, and I need to know if its what I think it is. 

It's a thing and it's from the internet and it shall continue to bother you for the rest of time.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

The were a good idea originally now the good ones cost too much. Theur still making a bundle off of them in the low ebd and embedded segment because of pure price to performance.

The GPU on a CPU should the an accompaniment to the CPU not the other way around. That is my problem with AMD's APU's. And why Intel has done a much better job with it's CPU/GPU CPU's.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Is the coloured in/Highlighted bit not the Memory controller? With DDR4 coming sometime soon, and APU's needing high speed RAM, it kinda makes sense for even more performance. It could also be them enabling triple or quad channel DDR3, as Kaveri is capable of supporting it according to an Anandtech article.

My other guess is an 8-module CPU with a big GPU portion, similiar to the Xbox one / PS4's.

Maybe it's the true successor to the Athlon II x4 965BE. 

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

maybe it's a countdown timer to the return of profit?   They might have confused days with years though. :unsure:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Looks like a quad core APU.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

The GPU on a CPU should the an accompaniment to the CPU not the other way around. That is my problem with AMD's APU's. And why Intel has done a much better job with it's CPU/GPU CPU's.

IIRC the reason why intel has been able to have such a small cpu node (is that the word for it), that they can a bigger gpu node.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

This is why not a single Intel CPU cannot out perform the A10-7850K in APU related tasks. AMD's implementation is better, and it offers much more performance than you could ever get out of a Intel CPU. Try finding a Intel CPU for $170 that is capable of more than 800 GFLOPS, don't bother not a single one exists. Intel has been leaning heavy onto their core performance the past few years. It's been doing them good so far as most people tend to buy discrete GPU's. Tho as a single unit, Intel's CPU's are extremely weak compared to AMD's APU's. Core performance isn't the future, GPGPU is.

f96MMjc.jpg

Want to see something else that will bother you?

TlRus6W.gif

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I hope it is something good and interesting... I really do.

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

AMD? WOW.. MUST BE A NEW THING! R9 3010x ! Holy shit! GONNA BUY IT!\

***NVIDIA RELEASE A NEW GPU*** ***GTX Titan Ti*** < WOW! Gonna buy it instead!!

P.S. ignore my fanboyism.. it's not mine.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

This is why not a single Intel CPU cannot out perform the A10-7850K in APU related tasks. AMD's implementation is better, and it offers much more performance than you could ever get out of a Intel CPU. Try finding a Intel CPU for $170 that is capable of more than 800 GFLOPS, don't bother not a single one exists. Intel has been leaning heavy onto their core performance the past few years. It's been doing them good so far as most people tend to buy discrete GPU's. Tho as a single unit, Intel's CPU's are extremely weak compared to AMD's APU's. Core performance isn't the future, GPGPU is.

A CPU should always be a CPU first and then if they can put a GPU onto it so it can run some graphical tasks then fine. But AMD is trying to make their CPU's into a combination of two things and that never works out to be as good as having separate GPU and CPU. having any Intel CPU and a discrete GPU will always be better in every way to having an APU. yes it might cost you £50 more but you will get much better CPU performance and you will get much better GPU performance. Intel just made it's APU good enough to run the desktop and play films in 1080p. I am sure they could have made their GPU's much better but it would have meant making the CPU crappy like AMD's APU CPU performance is. All I really want out of AMD is a good CPU with ok graphics on it. Because I just want an AMD CPU that I want to buy and OC to try and beat a top end Intel CPU. I miss having that and we haven't had that for so long. We need competition so we can get better CPU's.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

A CPU should always be a CPU first and then if they can put a GPU onto it so it can run some graphical tasks then fine. But AMD is trying to make their CPU's into a combination of two things and that never works out to be as good as having separate GPU and CPU. having any Intel CPU and a discrete GPU will always be better in every way to having an APU. yes it might cost you £50 more but you will get much better CPU performance and you will get much better GPU performance. Intel just made it's APU good enough to run the desktop and play films in 1080p. I am sure they could have made their GPU's much better but it would have meant making the CPU crappy like AMD's APU CPU performance is.

y u double post?

y u double post?

No idea didn't mean to. Sorry.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

LPCHPC?(Low power consumption high performance CPU)

My youtube channel: itsMrN

Laptop APUs that give me decent gaming under 2 million dollars

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

excavator FX CPU 20nm 8 Cores @ 4ghz. with intel performance per clock

*wakes up from dream*

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

This is how an fx8350 looks like : 

piledriver-b.jpg

And this is how Kaveri looks like :

\a10-8b.jpg

And this is a picture of Trinity,still an APU,but with things actually delimited :

AMD_Trinity02_689.jpg

Now,the picture AMD has on their page is highlighting the memory controller,so I guess that's what will be changed.An APU which can support DDR4 RAM?(and maybe a new chipset?).

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case.