[AMD] Guess what's coming soon [UPDATE]

pixeldensity

Oh I see. I guess that makes the sempron 145 AM1's Daddy

lol yea, we are so far of a new gen APU AM1 friend  :D they are like 10 gen up of us at this time (long live Kabini)

I don't know about APU being a crap idea, Intel has been doing it for a while now and a 4770k is a pretty good CPU. All that being said, they do need a refresh to the 8 core line of chips and if you that happens to end up being an APU I would not be supprised.

I meant AMD's APu's are crap. Intel's APU's are good because they focus on having a decent CPU first and then having ok graphics. AMD makes it's APU's with crappy CPU horsepower and pretty good integrated graphics. In other words and APU is only good for someone who plays low end games and doesn't have the money for buying a discrete GPU and has no intention of upgrading. Because if you wanted to upgrade you would want to buy a new CPU and buy a GPU but if you had just gone for a descent CPU in the first place and a low end graphics card you would have only needed to have changed the graphics card. That is my understanding anyway. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Whatever it is, it's going to have a bad naming scheme.

Whoever does the naming conventions at both AMD and Intel need to be beaten.

I meant AMD's APu's are crap. Intel's APU's are good because they focus on having a decent CPU first and then having ok graphics. AMD makes it's APU's with crappy CPU horsepower and pretty good integrated graphics. In other words and APU is only good for someone who plays low end games and doesn't have the money for buying a discrete GPU and has no intention of upgrading. Because if you wanted to upgrade you would want to buy a new CPU and buy a GPU but if you had just gone for a descent CPU in the first place and a low end graphics card you would have only needed to have changed the graphics card. That is my understanding anyway. 

Yes, not everyone is made of money. APUs offer great low end performance. An Intel chip doesn't make a lot of sense to people on a budget of $600. Intel chips have woeful graphical performance. HD4600 struggles bearly runs CS:GO. Iris Pro scrapes home @ 1080p. 

It would be funny if it was some sort of chip that is in there ssds and there just releasing them.

Yes, not everyone is made of money. APUs offer great low end performance. An Intel chip doesn't make a lot of sense to people on a budget of $600. Intel chips have woeful graphical performance. HD4600 struggles bearly runs CS:GO. Iris Pro scrapes home @ 1080p. 

It's better value for money to buy a low end CPU and a low end GPU to buy an APU. At least with separate CPU and GPU you get more upgradability options with an APU you will want to upgrade both at the same time if you just bought a good CPU to begin with you won't need to upgrade it for ages. I have a 2600 and I have kept it since it came out. I will probably keep it for another 5 years at least. How long until you would need t upgrade an AMD APU. I am guessing every year.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It's better value for money to buy a low end CPU and a low end GPU to buy an APU. At least with separate CPU and GPU you get more upgradability options with an APU you will want to upgrade both at the same time if you just bought a good CPU to begin with you won't need to upgrade it for ages. I have a 2600 and I have kept it since it came out. I will probably keep it for another 5 years at least. How long until you would need t upgrade an AMD APU. I am guessing every year.

I've got FM1 APU and I see no reason to upgrade yet. And thanks to it I had decent graphics to play until my girlfriend bought me a GPU. Sure, I might get better FPS going the Intel route now but I get good enough FPS as it is. I'd rather upgrade the GPU in the future. But meanwhile I'm content.

I've got FM1 APU and I see no reason to upgrade yet. And thanks to it I had decent graphics to play until my girlfriend bought me a GPU. Sure, I might get better FPS going the Intel route now but I get good enough FPS as it is. I'd rather upgrade the GPU in the future. But meanwhile I'm content.

Isn't that what I just said. It's better to just upgrade the GPU if you already had a good CPU. The problem is AMD's APU's are bad CPU's.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Isn't that what I just said. It's better to just upgrade the GPU if you already had a good CPU. The problem is AMD's APU's are bad CPU's.

And I said they're decent APU's in my opinion. And so far using my APU's CPU side since the onboard graphics are disabled and it's alright. Not at all bad like you stated. They're inferior to Intel CPU's but that's about it.

And I said they're decent APU's in my opinion. And so far using my APU's CPU side since the onboard graphics are disabled and it's alright. Not at all bad like you stated. They're inferior to Intel CPU's but that's about it.

Yea they are really good APU's but they are bad CPU's. What matters more a good CPU or good integrated graphics. To me it is more important to have a solid CPU over good graphics. If you have a solid CPU you can get much better graphics. But yea if you are running on a very low budget and you have no reason to upgrade in a long time I could see buying an APU a good thing. But if you just saved up a little more you could buy a good CPu and a good GPU for about £50 more. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Yea they are really good APU's but they are bad CPU's. What matters more a good CPU or good integrated graphics. To me it is more important to have a solid CPU over good graphics. If you have a solid CPU you can get much better graphics. But yea if you are running on a very low budget and you have no reason to upgrade in a long time I could see buying an APU a good thing. But if you just saved up a little more you could buy a good CPu and a good GPU for about £50 more. 

AMD's CPU's aren't bad. Beema is expected to out perform Intel's Bay Trail in both CPU and GPU tasks. The whole FX vs i7 debate does not apply here. In 17 hours we should know the specifications of the product. Will the flagship Beema APU out perform the N3530? Not sure. Tho it does look like Intel still wins in performance/watt.

AMD's CPU's aren't bad. Beema is expected to out perform Intel's Bay Trail in both CPU and GPU tasks. The whole FX vs i7 debate does not apply here. In 17 hours we should know the specifications of the product. Will the flagship Beema APU out perform the N3530? Not sure. Tho it does look like Intel still wins in performance/watt.

No but when Intels cheapest desktop CPU the G3220 performs equally as good as AMD's top end APU in CPU tests there is something wrong. I just wished AMD would make a CPU that kicked Intels i7's out the water. Instead they keep making poor performing CPU's with really good integrated graphics. That isn't what we enthusiasts want. We want enthusiast parts. If AMD's APU's consumed very little power or could perform against a 750 Ti I would be interested but they don't so I get upset.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

No but when Intels cheapest desktop CPU the G3220 performs equally as good as AMD's top end APU in CPU tests there is something wrong. I just wished AMD would make a CPU that kicked Intels i7's out the water. Instead they keep making poor performing CPU's with really good integrated graphics. That isn't what we enthusiasts want. We want enthusiast parts. If AMD's APU's consumed very little power or could perform against a 750 Ti I would be interested but they don't so I get upset.

Except that the G3220 doesn't perform nearly as well the 7850k. And it's a silly comparison from any angle you look at it.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Except that the G3220 doesn't perform nearly as well the 7850k. And it's a silly comparison from any angle you look at it.

unless that angle is pure CPU performance.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

To be honest I would prefer it if Intel got rid of the GPU and just put a few more cores on their die. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

unless that angle is pure CPU performance.

Not even at that.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

Not even at that.

oh yeah that pentium is DC... i thought it had HT...

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

A Lan Build? If you're shooting for a portable 60fps/hz, cheap build....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130756 

Put a X4 760k and a r7 - 265/260(x) in there and you will be happy!

You link was bad... and I'll look into that. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

You link was bad... and I'll look into that. 

I meant to post the...

MSI A88XI AC FM2+ / FM2 AMD A88X (Bolton D4) HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX AMD Motherboard

Its a good $100 board for the traveling gamer :)

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

8 hours to go. I just hope it's not an APU and it's a 12 core CPU that kicks all Intel's ass so we can finally get some competition. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

8 hours to go. I just hope it's not an APU and it's a 12 core CPU that kicks all Intel's ass so we can finally get some competition. 

What happen if it's both? 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

If that were real, and I could afford it, i WOULD buy that. I would need a dremel to cut a hold in the front of my case but worth it.

Why not cutting it to three pieces and doing a 3-way crossfire build?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

I just realized that this countdown timer stops at 1AM. If I stay awake for this and it turns out to be Beema, I may or may not cut up an AMD cpu and ship it to their main office one piece at a time. "Expect another victim for every month you wait to release an enthusiast grade CPU."  

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

I just realized that this countdown timer stops at 1AM. If I stay awake for this and it turns out to be Beema, I may or may not cut up an AMD cpu and ship it to their main office one piece at a time. "Expect another victim for every month you wait to release an enthusiast grade CPU."  

They don't seem to care about "enthusiast" cpu's any more... sad face...