Diablo Immortal

steelo

Has anybody else tried this game out yet? I've played for about 10 minutes and it looks pretty damn good on my (tiny) S20 phone screen. I've tried playing on DEX and it's a little funky with the window resizing, but the graphics look similar to the diablo 3 version on xbox one after selecting the image sharpening option - maybe a bit worse. I will warn you though, when you select the 60 fps and high graphics options, your phone gets quite warm.

I'm pretty impressed so far.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

Just now, mr fobs said:

Honestly, I just found out about this a few weeks ago from a friend. I know they released an early version, but I wasn't able to download until this morning...

1 minute ago, steelo said:

Honestly, I just found out about this a few weeks ago from a friend. I know they released an early version, but I wasn't able to download until this morning...

I haven't actually tried the game, I just wanted to reminisce on this video lol

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

a1QYmWY_460s.jpg

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

49 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

a1QYmWY_460s.jpg

Are you able to use a mouse to click? When I was trying it out, I could move the cursor but couldn't select anything. However, I was also using DEX with an external monitor.

8 minutes ago, steelo said:

Are you able to use a mouse to click? When I was trying it out, I could move the cursor but couldn't select anything. However, I was also using DEX with an external monitor.

this is not mine its a meme a pic was added to the phone with photo shop... its a dead game... no pc release. 

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

It's not even available here as its lootboxes conflict with gambling laws.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 hour ago, tikker said:

It's not even available here as it's lootboxes conflict with gambling laws.

That sucks...can you go through a VPN?

4 hours ago, thrasher_565 said:

this is not mine its a meme a pic was added to the phone with photo shop... its a dead game... no pc release. 

They did release it for PC...I've downloaded it, although I haven't tried it yet. The mobile version is pretty fun but after about 15 minutes of playing I realize it runs a bit sluggish. I'm running a S20, which is a few years old but the slowdowns do get a bit annoying during battles.

8 minutes ago, steelo said:

That sucks...can you go through a VPN?

Maybe. I'm not interested enough to go through those hoops for it.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

7 minutes ago, Slizzo said:

"Don't you guys have phones?!?!?"

Blows the mind, doesn't it? Arrogance just oozes from that statement.

I watched someone stream it for a bit last night. All of the bosses looked like pushovers designed to just let somebody get a tap-tap-tap dopamine hit in a few spare minutes. A screen popped up trying to get you to buy a battle pass or premium item package after every quest. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

"This is blasphemy, this is madness!!"

No! This is modern take on the keyhole gaming!

I edit my posts more often than not

3 hours ago, Middcore said:

I watched someone stream it for a bit last night. All of the bosses looked like pushovers designed to just let somebody get a tap-tap-tap dopamine hit in a few spare minutes. A screen popped up trying to get you to buy a battle pass or premium item package after every quest. 

I have yet to see excessive ads on the PC version. If they are there, my brain must be trained to ignore them. Mainly I've done rifts and they are a bit challenging if you're playing solo. Since when has Diablo not been a buttom smashing title? LOL

15 minutes ago, steelo said:

Since when has Diablo not been a buttom smashing title? 

I mean as in it literally didn't appear to matter how or when you used your abilities, like it practically could have been an autobattler, and the bosses went down in a minute with zero threat to the player. Granted it was the beginning of the game, but apparently the true Diablo-style "endgame" is paywalled anyway. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 6/3/2022 at 3:22 PM, Middcore said:

I mean as in it literally didn't appear to matter how or when you used your abilities, like it practically could have been an autobattler, and the bosses went down in a minute with zero threat to the player. Granted it was the beginning of the game, but apparently the true Diablo-style "endgame" is paywalled anyway. 

I wouldn't put too much stock in the difficulty of those early-game bosses. From my initial playing it seems more like they're easing you into the gameplay very gradually.

I don't mind paywalling the endgame too much as a Destiny 2 player, although that game at least makes your options simple: if you want more than the free base material, you buy yearly expansions (and maybe season passes). A one-time purchase gets you virtually everything.

• 1 month later...

Hey yes i have tried it played it for almost 2 weaks.

I did not like it way to mutch pay to win.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 3:22 PM, Middcore said:

Fair enough. My character is a wizard and I find the bosses difficult...then again, I'm a noob using the 'weakest' class in this game.

On 6/1/2022 at 5:04 PM, steelo said:

Has anybody else tried this game out yet? I've played for about 10 minutes and it looks pretty damn good on my (tiny) S20 phone screen. I've tried playing on DEX and it's a little funky with the window resizing, but the graphics look similar to the diablo 3 version on xbox one after selecting the image sharpening option - maybe a bit worse. I will warn you though, when you select the 60 fps and high graphics options, your phone gets quite warm.

I'm pretty impressed so far.

I played on both phone and PC.

The game really plays like a Diablo game! Which was more than I expected. The game side of the development is good as far as I can tell.

On phone the performance was dreadful, on PC it's smooth but really clunky. It's obvious the PC version is a thin veiled mobile port.

The story seemed ok as far as I played, Dekard cain, cultists, save/kill people. All Diablo like plotlines.

I found the loot system really bad. I kept finding greys/greens with slightly higher stats, very boring. Being redirected to a dozen submenus with what I guess are dozens of various premium currencies and battle passes really killed the excitement for loot I had. I can't imagine a Diablo game where loot is not exciting.

The open world with people running around really felt it was there mostly to allow whales to show off their expensive skins. I wish there was a solo offline mode to save performance, I don't like the party system at all.

I quit when I found out that you had to buy the loot of the first boss... Like... WHAT?!?! Uninstalled.