Is it normal that my RAM's pins are uneven?

Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,
Just now, MyName13 said:

What's also unusual is that my motherboard doesn't seem to have latches on both sides (Asrock AB350M).

that's also normal on all of the motherboards i have used in the last 5 years. you would insert it into the side without the latch first, and then the other side will latch when you push the ram stick all the way in.

I have noticed this right after unpacking it.Is this normal or did I get a faulty RAM?You can see in the pictures how the pins aren't at the same level.

I tried to install it but even with a lot of applied pressure it wouldn't fit all the way in.

IMG_20220517_214355.jpg

IMG_20220517_214406.jpg

IMG_20220517_214508.jpg

yes, that is normal(at least in my experience). double check that you are installing it the correct direction, from the correct side first, and that the clips are unlatched.

Normal.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Just now, bmx6454 said:

yes, that is normal. double check that you are installing it the correct direction, from the correct side first, and that the clips are unlatched.

Pretty much every DDR4 DIMM I have seen on google images is like this.I find such design unusual.Yes, I have checked the direction multiple times.What's also unusual is that my motherboard doesn't seem to have latches on both sides (Asrock AB350M).

AB350M(L1).png

Just now, MyName13 said:

What's also unusual is that my motherboard doesn't seem to have latches on both sides (Asrock AB350M).

that's also normal on all of the motherboards i have used in the last 5 years. you would insert it into the side without the latch first, and then the other side will latch when you push the ram stick all the way in.

Yes it's normal, they designed like this on purpose, so it reduces the stress on the PCB when installing.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

11 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

This is an important detail.Applying the pressure evenly like on motherboards with 2 latches doesn't work here.I have managed to install it, thank you for mentioning this.