LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Is LMG still working with Volta? I thought they were dropped ages ago and LMG has since made takedown orders as Volta has been using clips and videos without permission.

On 12/18/2023 at 12:20 PM, Shahrad said:

Hey folks!

Thanks for bringing this up to us.

We had done some work with Volta in the past but we are no longer working with them. They also didn't have the rights to post these clips from older video on their channels.

I'm looking into this and will try to have them removed.

Thanks!

Yes, they have stopped working with them.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

2 hours ago, rjb said:

back in 2023 I placed an order on 3/2, that order was also delayed, did not receive til 3/13. 

After search, Volta was dropped in August 2023. So this purchase would have been made on them positive endorsement. But the one made this year is not. Not fully on you, but it's bit hard to demand better from company you've already trashed before.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

After a bit more talking he was able to get them to send him new ram, so I guss I can continue buying corsair stuff lol

On 1/21/2024 at 2:33 PM, kirashi said:

Funny Meme GIF - Funny Meme Comedy GIFs

All of the above @Minystreem, though I will say I'm still awaiting government legislation that requires company's spell out their "lifetime" warranty terms in plain English. Some definitely do denote what "lifetime" means in the warranty terms, but far too many still just advertise "limited lifetime warranty" as a selling point in the product's bulleted specification list without actually explaining anything. Tis super frustrating for the average consumer who doesn't have weeks to attempt contacting a company to ask what "lifetime" means.

Aft

Some coolish person who likes to make stuff

image.thumb.png.396c411733d2f302889ee0164ffcc741.png

Secret lab alleges they are in talks with LTT to resolve customer issues, is this true? I cant imagine it is. 

33 minutes ago, Haredeenee said:

image.thumb.png.396c411733d2f302889ee0164ffcc741.png

Secret lab alleges they are in talks with LTT to resolve customer issues, is this true? I cant imagine it is. 

SecretLab is last mentioned there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

SecretLab is last mentioned there.

Check the timestamp of the post I screenshotted, one month since the post you mention. 

8 hours ago, Haredeenee said:

Check the timestamp of the post I screenshotted, one month since the post you mention. 

I didn't claim anything else. You asked whether it might be true that SecretLabs is in talks with LMG. I replied with last time LMG has noted about it. We don't have further acknowledgement from LMG.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

21 hours ago, Haredeenee said:

That Discord message is a direct copy-paste from an earlier statement they made on Reddit AFAICT.

On 2/8/2024 at 10:31 PM, LogicalDrm said:

Is LMG still working with Volta? I thought they were dropped ages ago and LMG has since made takedown orders as Volta has been using clips and videos without permission.

just wanted to say that as of today they're still using LTT to advertise their products. Had to charge back with my credit card today cause they are still ghosting me 2 full weeks after purchase. Not a good look for the LTT brand to have their name next to a product I just had to charge back. I'm sure theyre already aware, but in case not here's a screenshot. 

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 2.30.27 PM.png

13 hours ago, rjb said:

just wanted to say that as of today they're still using LTT to advertise their products. Had to charge back with my credit card today cause they are still ghosting me 2 full weeks after purchase. Not a good look for the LTT brand to have their name next to a product I just had to charge back. I'm sure theyre already aware, but in case not here's a screenshot. 

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 2.30.27 PM.png

If you read responses from LMG, they have multiple times asked and urged Volta to remove any endorsement. Including striking clips they have uploaded without permission. So at this point it's in state where only way to get through would be to take things to courts.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Well, unexpectedly, SecretLab followed up on my complaint about the armrest late last year. Sent an email saying that they're doing better and want to let me know that (along with reiterating that it is a wear part).

I hope it's not just lip service...

Untitled.png

16 hours ago, Draevalis said:

Well, unexpectedly, SecretLab followed up on my complaint about the armrest late last year. Sent an email saying that they're doing better and want to let me know that (along with reiterating that it is a wear part).

I hope it's not just lip service...

Wait wait wait wait. They just said, you broke it, but we're making them better from now on, okay bye! 

With literally zero offer to fix your problem? Also them saying its wear and tear due to being a 'high contact area' is BS because only the SIDES of my armrest has fallen apart, not a single scratch on the part that I actually come in contact with. And mine fell apart WELL within their bogus "warranty" period. I imagine they won't reach out to me with a similar message, as I've made it clear that due to their actions, I'll never be a customer ever again.  

First of all, MSI is not all bad as they seem to be respectiong their 24 month warranty (limited to 36 month after production date), but the quality control of their european service center in poland is none existant.

I bought a "refurbished and tested" msi X670E mainboard on ricardo (like ebay, but in Switzerland) from a European IT distributor.

The board arrived defective, it didn't pass POST and the retailer wouldn't take it back because it had been more than 14 days since I bought it. 

I contacted MSI and they told me to test a lot of things and after a week they were convinced the board was really defective.

I RMA'd it and shortly after the service status said it was "repaired" and "shipped"..... but it wasn't shipped until I requested a tracking number after it didn't show up over a week later.

When I finally received my board back another week later, I was able to install Windows only to find out that LAN, WLAN, all internal usb 2, 3 and c headers, the m2_4 and the pcie_3 slots were dead.

I'm pretty sure one of the two X670 chipsets wasn't working.

In the meantime, I have found an RMA sticker with the serial number of the board on the box in which the mainboard was delivered by the distributor.

So this is the third time the mainboard has been returned to the MSI Service Center in Poland for repair.

If they had simply connected the mainboard to a network via the RJ45 port, they could have determined that there was still a problem, as the LEDs on the port did not light up, but apparently they have no quality control for their repairs.

13 hours ago, beat_g said:

First of all, MSI is not all bad as they seem to be respectiong their 24 month warranty (limited to 36 month after production date), but the quality control of their european service center in poland is none existant.

I bought a "refurbished and tested" msi X670E mainboard on ricardo (like ebay, but in Switzerland) from a European IT distributor.

The board arrived defective, it didn't pass POST and the retailer wouldn't take it back because it had been more than 14 days since I bought it. 

I contacted MSI and they told me to test a lot of things and after a week they were convinced the board was really defective.

I RMA'd it and shortly after the service status said it was "repaired" and "shipped"..... but it wasn't shipped until I requested a tracking number after it didn't show up over a week later.

When I finally received my board back another week later, I was able to install Windows only to find out that LAN, WLAN, all internal usb 2, 3 and c headers, the m2_4 and the pcie_3 slots were dead.

I'm pretty sure one of the two X670 chipsets wasn't working.

In the meantime, I have found an RMA sticker with the serial number of the board on the box in which the mainboard was delivered by the distributor.

So this is the third time the mainboard has been returned to the MSI Service Center in Poland for repair.

If they had simply connected the mainboard to a network via the RJ45 port, they could have determined that there was still a problem, as the LEDs on the port did not light up, but apparently they have no quality control for their repairs.

You should be happy they offered any support at all. A refurbished item from a third-party seller is usually "Do not pass GO; Do not collect $200" as far as warranties go. Next time, buy it new. That is the only instance it is guaranteed to work, at least, as far as the original manufacturer is concerned.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

17 hours ago, Kid.Lazer said:

You should be happy they offered any support at all. A refurbished item from a third-party seller is usually "Do not pass GO; Do not collect $200" as far as warranties go. Next time, buy it new. That is the only instance it is guaranteed to work, at least, as far as the original manufacturer is concerned.

Not true at all.

I'm glad to see that ASUS were dropped as of the end of 2024, but I'll highlight my own experiences, just for the record. You can no longer get warranty service directly from ASUS for components, and must go through the retailer - if the retailer isn't willing to play ball, then you're screwed. I don't know how many times I can explain to both ASUS and the retailer that replacing the motherboard fixed my issues (a minimum of 8 bluescreens a day, by the end...), but they continually claim there's nothing wrong with it...

Truly a heinous experience, and I'll never be touching an ASUS product again.

7 hours ago, randy123 said:

Not true at all.

Would you care to expound upon that?

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

On 2/21/2024 at 9:39 AM, SpAM_CAN said:

I'm glad to see that ASUS were dropped as of the end of 2024, but I'll highlight my own experiences, just for the record. You can no longer get warranty service directly from ASUS for components, and must go through the retailer - if the retailer isn't willing to play ball, then you're screwed. I don't know how many times I can explain to both ASUS and the retailer that replacing the motherboard fixed my issues (a minimum of 8 bluescreens a day, by the end...), but they continually claim there's nothing wrong with it...

Truly a heinous experience, and I'll never be touching an ASUS product again.

It’s unfortunate to hear about the back and forth between ASUS Support and your retailer. This certainly sounds odd since motherboard components come equipped with at least a 3-year warranty when purchased from one of our authorized resellers.

Which retailer did you purchase your device from?  Do you still need assistance regarding warranty service for your motherboard? If so, let us know so we can help create an RMA to help resolve your case. Send us a direct message with your serial or case # and we’ll review this with our team and follow up with any pending issues you may have.

This is exactly what I mean.   ASUS comes in here saying oh that's unfortunate.   

They don't dispute they push all their support on the retailer, who has no motivation to honor the warranty, and like me you can get screwed and have a broken Thunderbolt port for a year and 7 months.

@Asus_NAsupport Can you guys stop actively screwing over people who purchased Zenfones?

2 hours ago, Rumble said:

This is exactly what I mean.   ASUS comes in here saying oh that's unfortunate.   

They don't dispute they push all their support on the retailer, who has no motivation to honor the warranty, and like me you can get screwed and have a broken Thunderbolt port for a year and 7 months.

To be fair to LTT, they did drop Asus:

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

Hi.

I have been a Backblaze user since 2016. It worked great. End of last year I was moving and my home PC didn't survive it. I thought no problem I will just restore it from Backblaze.

And here is  where the problems started:

- I didn't see all my drives in the UI. After some tinkering in the UI, they showed.

- The download app was failing all the time to download the restores (just hanging and not doing anything) so the downloads took a while.

- After some time the drives just disappeared again and didn't show up.

- Even the download that managed to finish had errors in some files (checksum match)

I submitted a ticket to Backblaze, and after 3 changes of support people, they just stopped responding to anything in the ticket.

Ticket link: https://help.backblaze.com/hc/en-us/requests/957471?page=1

After some googling what is happening I found out that:

- I am not the only one having problems with the download app. Although some were able to resolve some issues by changing the parameters.

- The app has no resume for the download. Would be useful with 50+GB files

- Backblaze can lose your backups. This is a very good analysis of the problems with Backblaze: https://messengergeek.wordpress.com/category/backblaze/

In summary:

- customer support - if you have problems - they will just drop you.

- as a backup - they might loose your files

Good afternoon, all the readers of this thread.

In this article, we will discuss how LinusTechTips does not check its sponsors and how Linus breaks its promises.

Note: I am a Ukrainian who is interested in not advertising the games that will be in this article, because then taxes are paid from these games, which turn into weapons that kill my country and citizens.

Let's start with the beginning of Russia's full-scale offensive against Ukraine, when Linus announced that he would not advertise any Russian product until the end of the war in Ukraine. Here is his tweet (https://twitter.com/linusgsebastian/status/1497767075078541315)
r/LinusTechTips - Linus Tech Tips and Russian Compaies

War Thunder.

It's been about six months since Linus forgot his promise and advertised the Russian game War Thunder

War Thunder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NypT2CZdeiI

You might say: "Wait, wait, this is a Hungarian company".

There is a separate article on this topic by Ukrainian journalists who investigated the company and showed how it is a purely European company.

https://babel.ua/en/texts/80120-escape-from-tarkov-and-war-thunder-developers-keep-silent-about-the-war-and-stay-friends-with-the-occupiers-world-of-tanks-creators-are-still-on-the-russian-market-trying-to-please-everyone-and-save-p

There is also an article on The Gamer

https://www.thegamer.com/gaijin-entertainment-russia-anti-ukraine-sponsor/

The first article also talks about Escape from Tarkov, which has also appeared in LinusTechTips more than once. It also has a scandal related to Ukraine.

Therefore, we can say based on these articles that Gaijin still has a lot of money and employees in Russia.

Their second game Enlisted was also advertised in the same way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzhp1HTt43M

So you can still say that they have nothing to do with Russia. But I will disappoint you, here is a link to Linkedin where we can see that most of the employees are Russian (https://www.linkedin.com/company/gaijinentertainment/people/), as well as a link to a Russian recruitment site where we can see that they put a lot of emphasis on the fact that it is possible to work remotely (https://hh.ru/search/vacancy?from=employerPage&employer_id=5318144&hhtmFrom=employer).

Atomic Heart

The next game I'd like to talk about is Atomic Heart, developed by the Cypriot company Mindfish.

It was not advertised in LinusTechTips, but it was used in Benchmarks, which is a side advertisement for this game.

Atomic heart https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0srjKOOR4g&t=351s

This game is also made by Russians and the company Gaijin is also involved in it.

Here is an article on this topic:

https://ain.capital/2023/02/22/the-apolitical-russian-game-atomic-heart-makes-fun-of-the-killings-of-ukrainians/

Escape from Tarkov

This game was also mentioned at the WAN show at Linus on 7 March 2023.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePQAG4j_e-M

There's no need to dig deeper than that, this game is made by Russians about Russia.

https://ain.capital/2022/12/30/escape-from-tarkovs-developers-showed-the-middle-finger-to-the-stylized-soldier-of-the-ukrainian-armed-forces/

Conclusion:

Linus has officially done more for Russians than for Ukrainians by promoting their products, discussing them and actually encouraging them to play them. Also by not donating any financial aid to Ukraine and Ukrainians. Therefore, I urge Linus and his team to stop advertising, discussing and using these games. And to transfer the money they received for sponsorship from Gajin to help Ukraine to the United24 Foundation.

My original comment got moved from another thread and no longer relevant, I'll try to expand on the OP above me though

I'm not knowledgeable on Tarkov so won't comment on that but Gaijin games and Atomic Heart are indeed directly tied to russians supporting the war and covertly memeing from it. I can link some additional read on the latter: https://svidomi.in.ua/en/page/what-is-wrong-with-the-game-atomic-heart

Guys, I get it that LMG is about making apolitical escapist content, that's why we love it to begin with, but this is the case where you really need to reconsider taking cash from and popularizing companies and products linked to a violent dictatorship that literally bombs a part of your audience as I'm typing this. It does not have to be some kind of a loud denouncement from your end that would polarize the viewers and bum everyone out, just quietly drop the sponsorships from Gaijin and it may literally save some lives. If that's too much of a vague political matter to you, do keep in mind that Gaijin has lots and lots of controversies linked to them in addition to our topic.

Edited by Potatoes2241
original comment no longer relevant

1 hour ago, Hturuta said:

Good afternoon, all the readers of this thread.

Merged to official sponsor complaint thread.

Sidenote, your first example is valid. Sponsorship is business action. However, mentioning Tarkov is not. Luke is private person when talking about it, he's opinions are his own, not by LMG. I also doubt devs for Tarkov have paid him to constantly diss them on WAN Show.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv