LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
On 10/1/2023 at 1:55 AM, Ahriii01 said:

I've been fighting them constantly, non stop, and they will not budge beyond covering the cost of shipping and a brand new board

Well, this just gets better.

They aren't giving me a new board.

They received the board I sent in, and they're now telling me that there's gonna be a delay for it to be repaired and sent back to me... I'm at a loss for words...

Screenshot_20231005_144224_Email.thumb.jpg.f4cd897771dd986f29a72b2924e2dd28.jpg

1 hour ago, Ahriii01 said:

They received the board I sent in, and they're now telling me that there's gonna be a delay for it to be repaired and sent back to me... I'm at a loss for words...

That's just a generic automatic message they send out when they receive the item. Ignore the first paragraph where they're using COVID as an excuse. The second paragraph where they say they have received it and will test it is the important information from that email. You'll get an update on its status and what remedy they will provide after they have tested it and confirmed the fault.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

That's just a generic automatic message they send out when they receive the item. Ignore the first paragraph where they're using COVID as an excuse. The second paragraph where they say they have received it and will test it is the important information from that email. You'll get an update on its status and what remedy they will provide after they have tested it and confirmed the fault.

Alright, thanks for clarifying. I haven't seen that one before, so I was worrying. I guess when I hear again I'll update here.

Thanks again

On 10/5/2023 at 12:13 PM, Ahriii01 said:

I got the same thing. XD Talk about needing to update their auto-reply. It's like... come on, guys, it's time to update your systems.

Also, I did what you said: I should try and contact the heads. I have now gotten some movement regarding them getting Asus to contact me. I was told they would get back to me within 24-48 hours and were at three days going on four days. In my last email, I flat out told them that I would not accept a "Fixed" GPU and I would only accept a brand new GPU. So maybe that's why it's taken them longer. But who knows? I am, however, getting replies from different people to each email, so I think this is a problem in itself; I have had to fill out the same system spec sheet twice now since there seems to be no chain of communication or one rep per RMA case. This alone, I think, is one of the big reasons that Asus is having issues with its RMA process. 

I bought one of EcoFlow’s batteries after they sponsored the first gaming minivan video. I have had to have the unit replaced 3 times in the last year and waited a total of 4 months between me reaching out to them and waiting to hear back from them. 

Edit: this issue was resolved with the help of the LTT team.

Hi first time user of the form, been watching LTT for the last couple years. So last week I decide to pick up some more charging bricks and cables, and I choose to buy from Ugreen instead of my usual brand Anker thanks to LTT. When I received my order I was shocked when I noticed I was missing a wall charger. Naturally I start emailing them hoping to get a new one sent out. But to my surprise they basically didn't care I didn't receive my 50 USD item, and insisted that it was sent in the box with the rest of the items. Even after several emails back and forth, they didn't budge from the position that I received my item. I'm attaching My emails with them, so maybe more people won't get screwed.

ugreen1.png

ugreen2.png

ugreen3.png

ugreen4.png

ugreen5.png

ugreen6.png

ugreen7.png

6 hours ago, gameguyalien said:

snip

Wild. 

Although, they seem to be focused on the weight of the package. I've never heard of a delivery company re-weighing a package upon delivery, but hey.

Anyway you still have the product and all the packaging? You should weight all that together and see what it comes to. If that comes to 4.4 LBs, you basically have proof that you *didn't* receive the item.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

14 hours ago, gameguyalien said:

Hi first time user of the form, been watching LTT for the last couple years. So last week I decide to pick up some more charging bricks and cables, and I choose to buy from Ugreen instead of my usual brand Anker thanks to LTT. When I received my order I was shocked when I noticed I was missing a wall charger. Naturally I start emailing them hoping to get a new one sent out. But to my surprise they basically didn't care I didn't receive my 50 USD item, and insisted that it was sent in the box with the rest of the items. Even after several emails back and forth, they didn't budge from the position that I received my item. I'm attaching My emails with them, so maybe more people won't get screwed.

ugreen1.png

ugreen2.png

ugreen3.png

ugreen4.png

ugreen5.png

ugreen6.png

ugreen7.png

Hey!

Let me reach out to my contact at UGREEN and get this sorted for you 🙂

On 10/5/2023 at 4:43 PM, Spotty said:

I've also gotten this response when getting a new monitor sent to me and it's very much confusing especially when you don't trust them. But they're not consistent because the last time I sent my monitor back for replacement they didn't email me until a couple of days after they shipped my replacement and it was just a generic one with the tracking. I was getting very concerned knowing they normally did email you and with my history dealing with asus.

ASUS Customer Service from Australia seems to be rather lacking.

My boss gave me the go ahead to buy a Zenbook 14X OLED for work, direct from the online store. It arrived 2 days later with a cracked screen (don't get me started on eco packaging with no foam). I started a return immediately via phone, sent photos of the damage to the email they sent me, and got a "we'll get back to you".

nearly 4 business days later it's "still with another team investigating". I am also not able to contact that team, nor talk to anyone higher than a level 1 support person, they just straight up won't let me.

I don't understand what needs to be investigated. I was shipped a laptop that was broken in transit. Ship me another one take this one back - whatever needs to happen with the carrier insurance is entirely secondary.

2 hours ago, rubixcubez said:

My boss gave me the go ahead to buy a Zenbook 14X OLED for work, direct from the online store. It arrived 2 days later with a cracked screen (don't get me started on eco packaging with no foam). I started a return immediately via phone, sent photos of the damage to the email they sent me, and got a "we'll get back to you".

nearly 4 business days later it's "still with another team investigating". I am also not able to contact that team, nor talk to anyone higher than a level 1 support person, they just straight up won't let me.

I don't understand what needs to be investigated. I was shipped a laptop that was broken in transit. Ship me another one take this one back - whatever needs to happen with the carrier insurance is entirely secondary.

Unless you are ready for the fight to potentially drag on for months or even years, just file a chargeback.

In general, I would not recommend buying computers online.  If you buy it in person (or ship-to-store), you can return it in person if something is wrong.

Not sure if this is the correct place to post but Sonos has sent over stuff to review and I think Linus still has the Arc + Sub in his new house.

This is a long post but I think only the LTT Team can help out here. Sonos has pretty much evaded helping out their users on a near 3 year old bug.

In a nutshell if you have an XBSX or AppleTV and have Dolby Atmos enabled, while watching Atmos content there is a massive pop sound which I imagine is what Thanos flatulence sounds like post a week of hot Indian food, follwed by the arc / beam gen2 dropping all audio until you restart it. 

Here's a user demonstrating it: 

This also affects the new ERA Speakers as well btw. 

This forum thread: https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-229129/sonos-arc-loud-pop-then-audio-loss-6852340 has been opened nearly 3 years ago with many many people going through Sonos same procedure of submitting diagnostics and hearing the same "we're working on it" story. Their official guidance is to switch off Atmos to remedy the situation. Amazing. 

This issue has been called out by The Verge: https://www.theverge.com/2023/8/10/23824258/sonos-arc-dolby-atmos-problems-loud-audio-pop#:~:text=Hundreds of Sonos Arc owners,gaming%2C console%2C and tech.

And Ars Technica: https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2023/08/sonos-has-been-unable-to-fix-arc-soundbars-pop-of-death-for-over-2-years/

Sonos have recently discontinued their email support and users that have called in were advised:

image.png.65641040ec4733c8ebcd472e812161fa.png

The problem has been diagnosed and is very repeatable, has been covered by other tech productions, but hoping the LTT team can maybe weigh in an help Sonos speak up? 

Once again, I know they may not be a direct channel sponsor but they surely have provided review items for LTT and Short Circuit reviews. send help pls :)

Hi, I just want to complain about ASUS, I bought two monitors from them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364467674870

and they both arrived broken. Any QA would have cought the issue.

Luckly I got a return label for the first monitor and I think I will get it as well for the other one without problems.

PXL_20231011_161012804.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

16 hours ago, QwertyChouskie said:

Unless you are ready for the fight to potentially drag on for months or even years, just file a chargeback.

In general, I would not recommend buying computers online.  If you buy it in person (or ship-to-store), you can return it in person if something is wrong.

Hope it doesn't come to that.
I can't really buy in person where I live (regional city). Not much choice to be had.

8 hours ago, Luka Rolak said:

Hi, I just want to complain about ASUS, I bought two monitors from them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/364467674870

and they both arrived broken. Any QA would have cought the issue.

Luckly I got a return label for the first monitor and I think I will get it as well for the other one without problems.

PXL_20231011_161012804.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Shipping damage is sometimes unavoidable; as long as you get the refund, I see no issue.  (Side note: the Asus webshop/eBay store are actually ran by "ninepoint consulting GmbH", who Asus presumably contracts with.)

20 hours ago, rubixcubez said:

Luckily you live in Australia. If they won't do anything then threaten small claims against them because legally you're protected (here in nz some business to business transactions aren't protected but they are in aus, although this one I am pretty sure would be covered here as well). You should get escalated pretty quickly that way. Also if you have to hire a laptop in the meantime in order to continue working they have to pay for that as well. Reminding them of that last one can get things moving pretty quickly. Don't pay anything for shipping either, those costs are on them and you legally don't have to pay anything.

Worst case they stop replying and it takes a while through small claims to get a judgement but you'll win including costs. Frankly small claims is probably easier than dealing with Asus support when they're being useless lol. If you read through this thread you'll see that it can potentially be even quicker to get your money back through small claims than waiting on them.

On 10/10/2023 at 1:11 PM, Shahrad said:

Hey!

Let me reach out to my contact at UGREEN and get this sorted for you 🙂

Thank you, the Service Manager reached out and is sending a replacement.
Thanks for offering this service to the community.

On 10/12/2023 at 11:22 AM, jubjub said:

Luckily you live in Australia. If they won't do anything then threaten small claims against them because legally you're protected (here in nz some business to business transactions aren't protected but they are in aus, although this one I am pretty sure would be covered here as well). You should get escalated pretty quickly that way. Also if you have to hire a laptop in the meantime in order to continue working they have to pay for that as well. Reminding them of that last one can get things moving pretty quickly. Don't pay anything for shipping either, those costs are on them and you legally don't have to pay anything.

Worst case they stop replying and it takes a while through small claims to get a judgement but you'll win including costs. Frankly small claims is probably easier than dealing with Asus support when they're being useless lol. If you read through this thread you'll see that it can potentially be even quicker to get your money back through small claims than waiting on them.

Yeah still no help as of today. I got annoyed on the phone and asked if I can speak to someone higher, apparently that isn't a "sure we'll pass you over" thing anymore, it's a "they will call you back in the next 48 business hours". Next step will just be a credit card dispute on Monday, if I don't get anything meaningful.

22 hours ago, rubixcubez said:

Yeah still no help as of today. I got annoyed on the phone and asked if I can speak to someone higher, apparently that isn't a "sure we'll pass you over" thing anymore, it's a "they will call you back in the next 48 business hours". Next step will just be a credit card dispute on Monday, if I don't get anything meaningful.

Your bank might not let you dispute the charge. They did fulfil your order it just had an issue so it's not fraud yet. Threaten them with the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and that should move things along. As soon as you point out there's law protecting you companies start moving quickly. Also remind them that they potentially owe you costs for a rental laptop in the meantime and that should also help massively because now their slow response times literally cost them money.

This post will be to complain about my close friend and I's recent experiences with Asus's repair center.  I got my 3080 tuf Oct 14, 2020 during the height of the GPUpocalypse.  My close friend finally managed to obtain a 3080 strix about a year after I did.  About two months ago, my friend started to experience crashes in games.  He tried all the usual methods to fix it, including a fresh install of windows.  What eventually fixed it was trying a second GPU from his wife's computer.  So he contacted Asus support and sent off his GPU to their repair center, and they sent him a refurb card that they had presumably repaired from another user.

About 3 weeks ago, my 3080 tuf black screened during cyberpunk and would not display video no matter what I did.  It wouldn't even display the bios boot screen, but i could hear the windows starting sounds on my headphones so i knew my PC was still booting.  I contacted Asus and sent my GPU to their repair center as well, where they also sent me a refurb card that they had also repaired from someone else.  In the mean time (about 12 days) I used a 6700XT with no issues.  I got my refurbished replacement on oct 4.  I used it to play civ6 for about 2 hours and it was fine.  I then tried to play World of warcraft and while in a 25man raid i got a black screen.  I rebooted and it would just black screen again and again.  I tried DDU in safe mode, but still I would get black screens from simply loading the cyberpunk menu.  I contacted Asus support (it had been 5 or 6 hours after I received the 3080 and installed it at this point) and they assured me that the GPU i had been sent had been thoroughly tested in-house.  They told me they'd escalate my ticket and I'd hear from some higher level support staff by email within 48 hours.  2 days later I got an email, saying it would be up to another 48 hours after that until I got an actual response.  Another 2 days after that I got an email with an excel document form to fill out which basically just asked what version of windows I was using, what hardware was in my pc, and what caused the issue (I'd already told the first support agent that any stress would cause the blackscreen).  Another 2 days after that I got an email asking "Does the graphics card only crash during the Cyberpunk operation? Do the issues also occur while using other software? Kindly elaborate on the errors." even though I'd already explained this twice before.  I emailed them again, telling them that it's any time the GPU is stressed. 

Finally, yesterday (9 days after my initial problem) I contacted their live chat and told them how ridiculous it was that it had taken over a week and the only assistance I had gotten was being asked the same question over and over again (what causes the issue?).  The agent agreed to take the refurb GPU back and send out another.  9 days after I first opened the case.  Then, this morning, I got a text from my good friend with the refurb strix.  His refurb just died.

Anyway, that's basically my complaint.  Now I live dreading that the next refurb card they're going to send me is going to die in a few days to a couple months.  And since I purchased the GPU 3 years ago today, my warranty is now expired.  I paid almost $800 for my 3080, including taxes, and it's probably going to be a paper weight in a few months.  I've been building PCs since 2006.  My gpu's have always lasted more than 3 years.  This was my first time trying an Asus card because I'd heard they were a reputable company.

I wanted to throw MSI out there. I purchased a GS66 Stealth. I called up to ask a couple questions about the extra ssd slot and I cannot state this enough: They could not have been more annoyed that I called them. I had to call 3 different days and not one person wanted to answer my question, loudly sighed and said "we don't know what you want" after telling them exactly what I was calling for. 

I went to Micro Center in Indy and they told me to stay away from MSI Monitors because MSI has the worst customer service they have seen in a long time.

If MSI records their calls I'm willing to provide my phone number, dates and times of calls so someone can hear exactly what I did. MSI not only didn't want to help me, they went out of their way to not speak for several seconds leaving the line dead making me think they hung up. Until they would jus say "so what do you want exactly".

I want someone to listen to those customer service calls. I want nothing to do with this company and I wish I could just return the laptop but I can't. That company couldn't give a crap about what I was calling about and that would be known in the first 45 seconds of any of the 3 calls which they state are all recorded and could be easily found by my phone number. 

4 hours ago, AlaskanLost said:

I wanted to throw MSI out there. I purchased a GS66 Stealth. I called up to ask a couple questions about the extra ssd slot and I cannot state this enough: They could not have been more annoyed that I called them. I had to call 3 different days and not one person wanted to answer my question, loudly sighed and said "we don't know what you want" after telling them exactly what I was calling for. 

I went to Micro Center in Indy and they told me to stay away from MSI Monitors because MSI has the worst customer service they have seen in a long time.

If MSI records their calls I'm willing to provide my phone number, dates and times of calls so someone can hear exactly what I did. MSI not only didn't want to help me, they went out of their way to not speak for several seconds leaving the line dead making me think they hung up. Until they would jus say "so what do you want exactly".

I want someone to listen to those customer service calls. I want nothing to do with this company and I wish I could just return the laptop but I can't. That company couldn't give a crap about what I was calling about and that would be known in the first 45 seconds of any of the 3 calls which they state are all recorded and could be easily found by my phone number. 

What information were you trying to get?

On 10/5/2023 at 3:13 PM, Ahriii01 said:

Update: They did send me a "New In Box" board, I received it yesterday.

I put it in quotes, simply because the box was pre-opened (my benefit of the doubt for this is that they were verifying the components inside matched what a new box should have, but maybe that's just me coping), scratched/scuffed, squished, caked in dust and overall in very poor condition.

Inside, there were all the components of a new in box board, sealed. The board itself was produced on Dec 3 2020, with bios version 1401 (AGESA 1.1.8.0) being the installed BIOS version on it, appearing to have been just sitting on a shelf since it's build date.

Contacted AMD, and obviously, their policy does not extend to replacing these damaged components, as they were not manufacturing/production related. Currently, I have to drop 3 out of my 4x8GB sticks to maintain some minuet stability with my "working" 3600X, but even then it's still REALLY borked. No amount of BIOS flashes, VSOC, VCore, static CPU base clock frequencies, or 2133 JEDEC efforts help in stabilizing it though. Getting random reboots, bluescreens commonly seen w/ RAM instability (IRQ_NOT_EQUAL, MEM_MANAGEMENT), and I think testing it in the last board just sealed the deal for the 3600X.

I'm pretty sure it's the 3600X causing this, not the board, simply because of how much this chip has been through in the previous board failures (especially seeing as it's been literally the only one to survive all 3)... 😕

Shot them an email that confirmed I received the board and that I am still looking for CPU compensation (the AMD customer service rep also recommended me to continue pursing ASUS for a replacement 5900X). I guess I'll update this with their response. Not really confident that this will work out though. 

Just looked into deleteme after their sponsorship on the recent laptop video. The sponsorship is: US residents only, subscription based, with a minimum subscription term of 1 year. Other services like incongi allow for at least monthly subscriptions (which can be cancelled after that month). I think pushing consumers to yearly contracts that are in no way needed, and assuming they will forget and be billed again is anti-consumer and very dissapointing.