LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter

"Keeper"... of my mind really away from that company.

Thanks

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

48 minutes ago, obat2553 said:

i did read the terms and im not trying to get out of paying for shipping costs, im trying to get them to honor the warraty which is a legaly binding contract. 

15 hours ago, obat2553 said:

- - im at the point where they have started an RMA process to get my PC fixed but the problem is that they are not sending me the label or invoice (yes, they are making me pay to ship it to them to repair their faulty PC). the warranty is good for 2 years and ive only had it for 5 months and i was deployed for some of that so its pretty crazy that im having these issues. If anyone knows anything helpful that could put me in contact with someone that could be helpful hit me up. right now im assuming the company will not honor the warranty and i will have to take legal action. 

This seems like they are honoring the warranty after the shitty response times. Maybe let them try and come back when they have failed. Which would give you more proof in your legal case. At this moment, you can only argue that they are delaying the process.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

This seems like they are honoring the warranty after the shitty response times. Maybe let them try and come back when they have failed. Which would give you more proof in your legal case. At this moment, you can only argue that they are delaying the process.

I think you are correct in this. but its hard to make judgement on this because sometimes they will answer, and then they will ignore you for weeks. so i think i could make the argument that they have no real intention on comepleting the RMA process simply because they didnt send the Label/Invoice when they said they would. i have it in writing (email) telling me specifically when i would recieve them and they simply didnt send it. but idk, i was thinking of waiting 30 days for the label, but damn thats a long time of waiting for something that costed almost 4,000 dollars.

I've seen Ubiquiti advertised on LMG directly and indirectly many times and I wanted to share my terrible experiences with them as I'm afraid LMG followers will blindly think they're good.

TL;DR: They're going all in for vendor lock in, so don't expect their SME devices (Cameras, UDM/ UDMP, etc) to share the network or interoperate with any other devices. Buy brands that support standard protocols (eg, RTSP for cameras) and allow you to disable features you don't want or need as your needs change over time.

Part A - Ultimate Nightmare Machine Pro

I bought their "Ultimate Dream Machine Pro"  (UDMP) as a router for my small office as I thought the all-in-one capabilities sounded great! It was a nightmare. It wouldn't setup without an active internet connection ... kinda annoying when you're setting up a network in the first place! There was also a bug where if your timezone was off by too much, it wouldn't continue either, so you had to work out how to log into the device, manually update the time in a shell, and then move on. Took me several goes of setup, configure, realise something was broken, factory reset, start again. Eventually got there.

Then we found it would randomly lock up ports on its inbuilt switch and our UBNT AP's would stop working. Power cycle would get it going again, but having random crashes of core network infrastructure is never a good way to run a business network!

Later on when we fully got sick of how unreliable it was, we found out it won't let you disable key features if you want it to be part of the network rather than run the network. It simply refused to coexist with anything else on the network.

Part B - The ol' Bait and Switch

After a while of the UDMP playing relatively nice, I figured I'd buy some cameras for my office. I figured I would go UniFi video, because after all, they supported RTSP so I could connect them to another NVR in the future if I got sick of UBNT gear. For quite some time it worked fine, app worked great, no issues. Well .... unless you wanted to backup your video offsite in case your security system was stolen along with the other electronics, or there was a fire, or any other numerous reasons that would make having offsite video back up a VeryGoodIdea(TM). I could live without backups, but it made me nervous.

When we decided we'd had enough of UBNT shenanigans and reconfigured our network with an alternative gateway and found out the UDMP wouldn't play nice, I figured I'd just download the docker image for the UniFi Video controller that they promised ... oh wait, doesn't exist, they never delivered. That's fine, I can just setup an open source NVR and use RTSP. What's that? Recent firmware DISABLED RTSP PERMANENTLY? Oh great! The whole cross-compatibility I bought the cameras for was taken away from me.

I posted on the forums, got nowhere, so I contacted support. I was told it's simple! Just buy more UBNT hardware! It works great together!  I don't want to spend more money, I want the features that were on the hardware when I bought it. I was told downgrading the firmware to the original firmware was now impossible, so if I didn't want to buy more of their junk, I was out of luck.

That Bad Aftertaste In My Mouth

It seems that Ubiquiti is going all in on vendor lock-in. Why anybody would trust their gear for mission critical or carrier grade stuff is beyond me. They do not care about their customers. Any company that retrospectively removes interoperability of their devices can not be trusted at all. The ethics of an action like that are apparent to anyone with a pulse. In the recent video of doing the multi-zone audio at Linus' house, he quips that Jake is a fanboy. That's easy when you have the budget of LMG and don't have to run a small network on a budget.

When you're a small business like mine, who needs a reliable network, Ubiquiti just isn't worth it. Save your money, buy something else that allows you to use industry standards and doesn't retrospectively nuke core features in firmware. They make lots of promises and often don't follow through, eg. no standalone video server software for UniFi Video cameras, like they have for their network controller.

I'm only down a couple of grand, but I'm just so annoyed at the lack of respect shown by UBNT and all the countless hours I and my team have wasted trying to get basic functions. Don't make my mistake, don't buy Ubiquiti. Buy something you have proper control over, not vendor lock-in.

Hi,

in a few of the recent videos you got sponsored by SolidWorks. I currently have a Solidworks license, but because I am getting Autodesk Inventor for free as a student I would like to cancel my Solidworks subscription. 
Unfortunately I couldn't find anything on their website to cancel my subscription. After a little bit of research I found a lot of Reddit posts complaining about this situation, so as far as I know there is no way to cancel his subscription on their website. So I tried to contact their sales team, no response so far.

In my opinion it should be easy to cancel his subscription, maybe you as LMG could contact Solidworks and find out how to cancel his subscription.

Kind Regards
Elias Braun

2 hours ago, Elias B. said:

Hi,

in a few of the recent videos you got sponsored by SolidWorks. I currently have a Solidworks license, but because I am getting Autodesk Inventor for free as a student I would like to cancel my Solidworks subscription. 
Unfortunately I couldn't find anything on their website to cancel my subscription. After a little bit of research I found a lot of Reddit posts complaining about this situation, so as far as I know there is no way to cancel his subscription on their website. So I tried to contact their sales team, no response so far.

In my opinion it should be easy to cancel his subscription, maybe you as LMG could contact Solidworks and find out how to cancel his subscription.

Kind Regards
Elias Braun

Hey Elias,

You said you checked Reddit so you may have seen this post already, but figured I'd share it with you just in case you hadn't.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SolidWorks/comments/1146ptr/how_to_cancel_solidworks_subscription/

Did you give that a try?

On 9/10/2023 at 6:42 AM, chilinux said:

It is odd with how loud LTT was regarding Anker/Eufy that they would then move on to Keeper as a sponsor.  The two companies now both have a past track record of company behavior that seem extremely similar.

Hey, just to reiterate what James said here, we are putting a hold on working with Keeper.

On 9/6/2023 at 12:40 PM, BriarCrock18 said:

Now that I got a moderators attention of threatening dumb illogical crap. I can speak of what I am trying to do. Please note that build redux handles customers items with no care and getting in contact with someone over the phone in upper management is near impossible. You don't know my situation in its entirety. I sent my pc for RMA then 2 weeks goes by and they tell me that they are doing a claim with Fedex. I call Fedex and no claim is being made. they lied. I don't know why but then they ask if I sent all the parts in and I told them yes and they asked if I sent the pc with the internal foam for protection in which I did. then I requested to speak with someone higher and I'm being avoided when all I want is how damaged is my property and who stole what from my computer. I had no replies for a week so I just dramatized everything so someone will respond and look. It may discredit me but I don't care as long as people are careful when dealing with this company. =) take care

Hi Briar!

Sent you a PM. Would love to look into this closer. 

Best,
Stellar

Customer Experience Team @ Build Redux 

13 minutes ago, stellar_cxex said:

Hi Briar!

Sent you a PM. Would love to look into this closer. 

Best,
Stellar

Customer Experience Team @ Build Redux 

Well this improves my view of the company quickly. Love to see a personal followup.

But still want to see the resolution of this before considering a future purchase.

On 9/9/2023 at 6:40 PM, obat2553 said:

LTT vouches for Build Redux? im having the most awful experience with them and im having a very hard time believing the LTT even works with them. 

Since ive recieved the PC in question ive had crashing issues that progressively got worst and worst, contacting their support team is a nightmare simply because they do not answer any form of communication in a timely manner, id say they answer 1 email a week. im at the point where they have started an RMA process to get my PC fixed but the problem is that they are not sending me the label or invoice (yes, they are making me pay to ship it to them to repair their faulty PC). the warranty is good for 2 years and ive only had it for 5 months and i was deployed for some of that so its pretty crazy that im having these issues. If anyone knows anything helpful that could put me in contact with someone that could be helpful hit me up. right now im assuming the company will not honor the warranty and i will have to take legal action. 

I've got no method to contact them, BUT out of curiosity, is it Overclocked?

I had a friend get a bad build from them, and I believe it was ultimately a bad overclock. Their building has more stable power than he did, so when he ran it, it would be unstable. You can try disabling overclocks if it is and see if that improves anything.

I wanted to share my experience with Secretlab chairs after seeing some complaints about their sponsors. I purchased a Secretlab TITAN just before the COVID-19 pandemic hit, thinking I was making a solid investment for my home office setup. Unfortunately, my experience with their product and customer service has been far from satisfactory.

Firstly, the chair's build quality left much to be desired. It wasn't long before the piston failed, leaving me with a chair that couldn't even stay at a consistent height. The faux leather covering the chair started flaking off, despite my efforts to carefully clean it. I even resorted to covering it with a cloth, thinking that my pants might somehow be abrasive, but the deterioration continued. The left armrest started cracking, a problem I later discovered was all too common among Secretlab customers.  But secret lab claims its wear and tear and refuses to cover it under warranty,  and if they do cover it, they will jack up the shipping price so you actually end up paying for it, a super scummy practice. 

Frustrated with these issues, I reached out to Secretlab via the email address they provided for customer support. To my dismay, I received no response. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and tried contacting them again more recently. This time, their response was equally disappointing – they claimed they had no record of my initial email, and to make matters worse, my chair was now out of warranty. Their solution? Offering me a $70 discount coupon that couldn't be used in conjunction with their ongoing sale – not that I would want another poorly made chair.

What adds salt to the wound is that I have concrete evidence in my sent folder, complete with timestamps, proving that I did reach out to their customer service initially. However, given the multitude of similar complaints about Secretlab's customer service, I don't hold out much hope that they will uphold their end of the bargain.

Now, I must say I'm quite shocked that Linus Tech Tips has Secretlab as a sponsor, especially given their notorious reputation for terrible customer service. It's disheartening to see such a respected tech platform associated with a brand that doesn't seem to value its customers. This experience has left me questioning the other endorsements and sponsorships LTT has, and I hope others will consider these issues before purchasing products from companies with such a track record.

On 9/11/2023 at 5:53 PM, RunnerUp said:

Hey Elias,

You said you checked Reddit so you may have seen this post already, but figured I'd share it with you just in case you hadn't.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SolidWorks/comments/1146ptr/how_to_cancel_solidworks_subscription/

Did you give that a try?

Yes I`ve seen and tried this post. 
I don‘t know why, but my account doesn‘t have access to 3D-Experience. 

But still, thank you for your suggestion.

Build Redux - Problem Solved. 

EDIT: I appreciate that almost immediately after making this post Build Redux reached out and is trying to make this right. They resolved my issue within a day once they reached out to me. It was not a wonderful experience but they stood by eventually getting things corrected. 

Build Redux... 

I have spent $5,507.00 US and 6 Months of my life trying to get a working computer.

In April, I decided to purchase a new gaming computer from Build Redux after seeing the sponsor spot on a LMG video. I had previously built all my own computers but with a new baby in the house I just didn't have time. I ordered the PC on April 7th, 2023. AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D - Nvidia 4090.

I was notified of a delay in shipping due to "Asus motherboards frying 7800X3D processors" -  Computer was delivered - May 12th, 2023

At the time of delivery I had been watching internet videos related to the Ryzen 7 7800X3D and Asus Motherboards and decided to contact Build Redux before I turned the computer on. The contact at Build Redux ensured me that the only people who overclock are at risk. 

These issues have been primarily happening with people who are trying to overclock, which we do not cover and voids warranty. Would you kindly go to your Windows search bar > Type "System information" > maximize the menu that pops up and send me a screen cap of it. I'll confirm to see if you're on the latest BIOS that addresses this issue and if not, I'll walk you through that process so you no longer have to worry about it.

I fired up the computer, installed HWinfo and sent screen shots. The rep again confirmed that the bios was good to go. 

Looks like you're on the second most recent BIOS revision 1414 that addresses the voltage issue, so you should be good! I would not recommend updating to the most recent beta since it's only meant to update AGESA and offer better RAM compatibility. I'd wait till an official, non-beta BIOS is released before updating since these are being released quite frequently.

I installed COD and started a game, the computer screen went black. I could smell burning plastic, I pulled the power cable from the wall, the CPU cooler was burning hot. I emailed them back.

At this time they admitted that the issue was not mine and set up a return for the computer and I sent it back. (No problem, shit happens) They admitted to installing the wrong cooler on the processor and said they upgraded it to the water cooled option, this was an obvious mistake on their end that they admitted. 

Hello Adam, just giving you a quick update on your system. It seems you were given a cooler that isn't compatible with the 7800X3D processor which was causing the CPU to overheat. We switched you from a Hyper 212 air cooler to a 240mm AIO.

At this time they were preparing to send the same hardware back to me, I told them I am not comfortable receiving the same motherboard and processor back. I even told them I was willing to pay to upgrade to intel to avoid any more issues with AMD. They told me I would have to pay a restocking fee or take the hardware back. I obviously told them no way I was paying a restocking fee and they removed the restocking fee and put through the upgrade to intel. I paid for the upgrade amount and waited. (This was June 14th, 2023) 

I heard nothing until a delivery update (June 28th, 2023 - 3 Months since my initial order)

I installed COD started playing with my friends and the computer shut off again. Black screen with green dots - Tried 3 games, reseated the video card and memory. Reinstalled drivers, games, changed monitors cables, monitors. Checked Bios settings, ect. (3 Min into any game black screen, frozen but can still hear my friends on discord.)

Contacted Build Redux again, August 7th 2023 - Build redux states that my video card must have been damaged during shipping. I have to mail them the video card then wait for a replacement or pay for a new 4090 and then send mine back when it arrives. At this point I need my computer, I pay the 1700 for a new video card and they send one out.

I receive the new video card - August 29th – It appears to be a refurbished card. I reluctantly install the card and play some games. The card appears to be functional until the third game of "Rocket League" when the computer totally freezes, black screen, red dots. 

At the same time I reach out to BR because the box did not have any return label to send my original card back. The customer service rep demands that I am mistaken and that there is a scannable label on the box. He tells me to go to Fedex and have them scan the label on the box. I leave work, drive to Fedex with all the original packaging and Fedex confirms, there is no label on the box that they can use.

Edited by Barbarrino

I don't believe Pantone is a sponsor, but there have been several videos specific to them in the past. Based on the recent John Green video, it sounds like their parent company is involved with price gouging on tuberculosis tests. I am certainly not an expert in the color space, but it might be worth exploring their competitors. 

Scammer in hundreds of thousands of tax debt using LTT and others to scam brands and smaller creators

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

The armrest of my Secretlab Titan Evo 2022, in less than 2 years of use, started to rip and tear where I scored my elbow.

I sent them the pictures and even though I have the 5 years extended "guarantee", they said that armrests are cosmetics, therefore not covered by their "guarantee".
Now I just feel dumb for spending all this money on a gaming chair believing that Secretlab could be trusted because I saw it on LTT.
This is the first time I feel scammed by a sponsor.

PXL_20230907_065313681.jpg

PXL_20230907_065320993.jpg

PXL_20230907_065546127.jpg

On 9/3/2023 at 10:00 PM, QwertyChouskie said:

Go through the proper Amazon return/exchange process, otherwise your communications probably won't even reach the right people.

That is the recommended email.

On 9/3/2023 at 10:28 AM, Garrettnilan said:

I don’t know if they’d re a sponsor but I purchased the guli kit controller with your guys recommendation and I can’t get anybody to discuss how I can resolve my issues for over a month. 

123.jpeg

124.jpeg

On 9/3/2023 at 8:16 PM, RTX 3090 said:

Easiest way it to just file a return with Amazon. If you use their chat, they don't really care about who's right or wrong and just send you a return label. Even though the window is 28 days they will let you return things past the deadline

how do I go about that not even a option for return in the Amazon app.

On 9/3/2023 at 10:00 PM, QwertyChouskie said:

Go through the proper Amazon return/exchange process, otherwise your communications probably won't even reach the right people.

2 hours ago, Garrettnilan said:

From orders, you can select "Order support" and from there "Help with return". Its pretty straight forward process. If you need more help, please post topic on the forums. Using Amazon returns is out of scope of this thread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LingBaneUltra said:

The armrest of my Secretlab Titan Evo 2022, in less than 2 years of use, started to rip and tear where I scored my elbow.

I sent them the pictures and even though I have the 5 years extended "guarantee", they said that armrests are cosmetics, therefore not covered by their "guarantee".
Now I just feel dumb for spending all this money on a gaming chair believing that Secretlab could be trusted because I saw it on LTT.
This is the first time I feel scammed by a sponsor.

Same here, they've also told me to go kick rocks and refuse to acknowledge the email I sent them prior to my warranty expiring. 

secret lab left arm broken cracked.png

7 hours ago, Garrettnilan said:

On 9/4/2023 at 3:00 AM, QwertyChouskie said:

live chat works best

Please tag me @RTX 3090 so I can see your reply

@LingBaneUltra @Haredeenee I'm surprised that they would be denying warranty on that armrest issue.  I have 2x Titan 2020 chairs and one of them had some damage like what you have pictured (rips along the side of the arm cushion).  Both times that I opened a support ticket I explained that they were caused by our own damage (wife had keys catch while standing up and yes, this happened on two separate occasions) and they didn't give me any fuss about replacing once the invoice and chair serial number were verified.  Just my support experience with them.

Why I will never buy anything from Asus again.

So let me give everyone some background information. I have been building computers for about 13 years, with my first PC running a Haswell 4690k on an Asus Z97-E mobo with a very high and stable OC. I was hooked after my experience with the Asus bios and just how easy that border was to work with. For all the builds I did after that, I always used Asus products, whether their GPU, Mobos or such. And I never had any issues regarding troubleshooting or concerns with reliability or customer services. However, that changed when I did my most recent build with one of my good friends. My current build has an X570 Strix motherboard with a 3900x CPU and an RTX 3080 strix 10GB non-LHR Card. 32 GB of Trident Z neo ram Running at 3600mhz with a Lin li 360 AIO in a Lin li O11 D case, with another two sets of 3 Lin li uni fans. For the most part, I have had no issues with the Mobo. I found that it's effortless to overload the rear USB Bus to where I can't have some of my USB devices connected to the same line as others, and I'll run into issues. And I can't seem to get the RGB to sync correctly.

Both of these are annoying in themselves but manageable. I would RMA my Mobo, but I can't afford not to have a computer right now. However, for my GPU, about six months ago, I had to RMA it because one of my fans stopped working; it felt like the bearing had become impacted because when I spun it by hand, I could feel it grinding, and it was very stiff. I could turn it by hand, and it would continue spinning while the GPU was on for a few seconds until the mooter got overwhelmed and would stop the fan from spinning. The RMA process was relatively painless; I just filled the form out on the website and followed their instructions on packing and shipping the GPU. The only problem was that they wanted me to pay the 100$ shipping. I am not going to lie; this bothered me. If the product is under warranty, then I believe the manufacturer should be paying for the shipping. After all, if you are willing to back the product and think it will last past the user's warranty, you should also be helpful to front the shipping cost if there is an issue. I voiced my concern about the shipping cost but was ignored. During the RMA process, I was updated via email on what was going on and what they could do for me. I was informed that my original model was no longer in stock, so they would have to send me an LHR version. Although I was a bit annoyed by this, I was also understanding since they had not been making the no LHR models for a while now. I would say I had my new GPU back within about a week. Well, I say new as that's what I thought it was.

Fast forward to the present time, My "New" 3080 started to have issues. I would let my computer go into standby mode by not using it, and it has the screens go black, or I would power off my screens and then come back later; I would wiggle my mouse to wake up my PC, and if my screens were then all I would see is a light line on the bottom of my screen but no display past this. The same issue would happen if I had my screens off and turned them back on. This happens about 80% of the time. Sometimes, my screens would still be on; however, they would be locked up, and by looking at the time on the clock, it would be completely wrong. Before I started the RMA process, I did troubleshoot my PC. I DDUed from safe mode twice. I downloaded the Nvidia drivers from the Asus website and another time from Nvidia directly, but this never fixed the issue.

Removed any overclock settings from the GPU, IE the auto overclock function from Asus's overclocking software and set it back to factory settings and that also did nothing. I used Hardrive Sentinel to see if I had any issues with my storage drives, and they were fine. I also did a full ram check, and that came back fine. I also double-checked all the cables in my PC with no success. So, I decided to RMA  the GPU. I filled out the form as before and again had to pay the shipping cost to send my GPU in. Next, I was again annoyed that I had to pay a shipping cost on something that I believe Asus should be covering. If only I knew then that this was the least of my concerns. When I got to the Fed Ex location where I was going to drop the GPU off, I discovered the label they gave me was unusable since the barcode was broken. After struggling to get ahold of someone at FedEx I could talk to (a problem in itself), they told me I needed to contact Asus to get a new label. Once I got ahold of someone at Asus, I knew my problems were only about to worsen. I say this because the person I was talking to was not listening to what I was saying at all. Not only did I have to repeat myself probably about six or more times on just what my name and address were, including spelling them out very slowly and in Phonetic Alphabet, but the individual on the phone was still getting it wrong; I also had to let him know that I lived in Canada a good amount of times, remind him that we don't use zip codes, states, and counties. But I also had to explain that BC is a provider in Canada and that Victora was the town I lived in, not just some name. At this time, the individual informed me that he could not just resend the email with the shipping label but had to file a complete new RMA form. During this process, I also had to repeat myself many times about what was happening, and my issues were... You know, instead of copying and pasting what was on my original form that he said he had up on his screen... It was to the point where the shipping person was blown away with how bad this experience was going for me, and I even had other people who were sending stuff laughing at how just asinine this situation was. While on the phone with the Asus employee, I informed them I would like a refund on the shipping cost since I should not need to RMA another brand-new GPU within six months of getting it. It was not until this point that I discovered that my current GPU was used but a "fixed" GPU that they sent me. The individual then informed me that they had a no refund policy and said I would probably receive another used but "fixed GPU. I let the person know that under no circumstance were they to send me another used GPU that's been "Fixed" since it was very apparent that they did not know how to fix something. and that I expected a brand new 3080 strix. If they did not have any more 3080 strix, GPU's then I would expect a brand new 4080 strix since that's what I had paid for. I told the individual that I paid for a brand new 80 series Strix card, so that's what I expected in return. If I had wanted a used or refurbished card, that is what I would have gotten at the time of purchase. I also let them know that at no point in time was I informed that I had received a used GPU, but instead, via email, I was informed that I was getting a new one beforehand. If I knew I would get a used GPU before then, I would have ensured I got a new one the first time I had to send it in. The individual on the phone informed me that I could trust their repair center when it comes to them fixing a GPU and sending it out to another customer as a refurbished and restored card. I informed him that he was wrong or I didn't think we would be here right now. The person on the phone also told me that Asus was one of the top 5 brands for PC hardware; I let him know that when there are only really five brands in NA, to begin with, Asus, MSI, Giga, EVGA and Asrock saying that they are in the top 5 is not saying much. I also mentioned that their hold recording says they have received over two thousand acclaims for their products. I told them that they really should not be saying that any longer since the recording states that they are from 2013... which was over ten years ago. A lot has happened since then, and their quality control has fallen hardcore. They are now stripping fetchers from their cost products and even midrange and high-end products, and only putting them on their highest-priced products is anti-consumer, so saying they are consumer-focused is not a true statement. At this point, I informed the rep that I would like to speak to a supervisor. The rep I was talking to was shocked that I may want to speak to a supervisor since he thought he had done an excellent job supporting me. He then asked multiple times why I wanted to speak to a supervisor, and again, I had to repeat myself several times. I brought up how often I had to repeat myself, spell things out and just my general experience with his service to me. The call was over, and the next time I expected a call back was when a supervisor was ready to talk to me. I was wrong; the same guy called me again, asking if I needed to speak to a supervisor. I finally got to talk to a supervisor who, this time, did listen. He read me out what the previous representative had put on the form, and I noticed that he had missed about 75% of what I had said the issues were, what I had tried, and everything about the product that I had repeated I don't even know how many times. This individual also informed me that Asus had a zero refund policy and that since they were no longer making 3080 strix GPUs, I would most likely receive a used card again, and he assured me it would be fixed and not have any issues. I told the supervisor this was unacceptable and wanted to speak to someone who could do something. I let the individual know that I expected a manager or something to call me within 24 hours of this phone call, along with a tracking number for my brand new GPU, whether it be another 3080 Strix, 3090 Strix, 4080 Strix or 4090 Strix. Since I had gotten an 80 series card, I expected that or better if they did not have any. 

Well, it has now been about a day and a half, and I have received no phone call, tracking number, or contact from Asus.

I brought up my bud computer that also had a 3080 Strix in it earlier. His 3080 has also been having issues; within three months, one of the display ports just stopped working. He also got a Strix B550- E mobo; the bios flashback button had nothing behind the button, but in fact, it was just a piece of plastic that, when pressed, broke and shot back into the button housing. His wifi/Bluetooth also stopped working within a year as well.

Today, my friend and I will never buy from Asus again. This has been the worst experience when dealing with customer support that I have ever had to deal with. I would rather deal with the Canadian government's customer support lines over Asus's. Even dealing with MSI's Customer support was better than this was.    

9 hours ago, Livin said:

@LingBaneUltra @Haredeenee I'm surprised that they would be denying warranty on that armrest issue.  I have 2x Titan 2020 chairs and one of them had some damage like what you have pictured (rips along the side of the arm cushion).  Both times that I opened a support ticket I explained that they were caused by our own damage (wife had keys catch while standing up and yes, this happened on two separate occasions) and they didn't give me any fuss about replacing once the invoice and chair serial number were verified.  Just my support experience with them.

The top most voted post on the secretlab subreddit is about this exact issue, theres actually a current thread about this as well with 20+ upvotes 

54 minutes ago, Haredeenee said:

The top most voted post on the secretlab subreddit is about this exact issue, theres actually a current thread about this as well with 20+ upvotes 

The only experience i have with secret lab is pretty bad. I have a goodwill special chair,  but a friend of mine had a secret lab chair he bought several years ago and he hated it. The comfort was alright, but the build quality was just poor. after like 2 1/2 years of regular use, it was all falling apart and rickety, including the armrest issue. After his parents gave him a new chair, just a generic one, we took the chair to his backyard and shot it with definitely BB guns and eventually experimented with how flammable it was. He said that was the best use he could think of for the chair.

(don't worry, it wasn't something we could have donated or anything)