Are the current wearables worth buying considering their price?

There are some really nice wearables out there, but I'm not sure if they are really worth the price given.

I would like to see what others think.

nope! just nope

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

The one wearable I am really looking forward to is Razer's Nabu other than that nothing looks interesting for me.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

The one wearable I am really looking forward to is Razer's Nabu other than that nothing looks interesting for me.

Quite true. Same here

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

I'd be ok with paying $200 with the Moto 360 if it ends up being as good as expected.

We're starting to get there :)

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

The Motorola one looks most promising, but worth is a very relative term.

It's worth it to some to get it now. For most, it's not.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Unless you really want it no.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

The Samsung Galaxy Gear watch (1st gen) was on sale for $90 (after PM) and its not a bad watch if you mod it and sideload apps to it as its basically a stock version of Android.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Nope, but I'm not one who would normally wear a "wearable". I had laser eye surgery to get rid of glasses, and take my watch off as soon as I get home, so I'm not exactly itching to gear up.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

NO!!!!! These wearables are stupid. No one is going to leave their phone in their office and then go to the cafe down the street and buy a almost $200 watch just to make sure they don't miss a thing while they are gone. (Desperate for something to think about or gossip about) Stop being lazy and just bring your phone with you.

apple.com

NO!!!!! These wearables are stupid. No one is going to leave their phone in their office and then go to the cafe down the street and buy a almost $200 watch just to make sure they don't miss a thing while they are gone. (Desperate for something to think about or gossip about) Stop being lazy and just bring your phone with you.

wearable ( smart bands and smart watches) is very helpful when it is inconvenient to take your phone or just want to check if that notification was important enough to actually take out your phone.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

wearable ( smart bands and smart watches) is very helpful when it is inconvenient to take your phone or just want to check if that notification was important enough to actually take out your phone.

are they waterproof like my lifeproofed iphone 5? or the Motorola Razr M or the Sony Xperia Z line?

apple.com

are they waterproof like my lifeproofed iphone 5? or the Motorola Razr M or the Sony Xperia Z line?

some of them are yeah.

which?

off the top of my head pebble is waterproof for a smart watch and for a smart band the Sony SWR10

off the top of my head pebble is waterproof for a smart watch and for a smart band the Sony SWR10

sony always makes water resistent stuff. u have a point.

apple.com