Thread for ShortCircuit Product Suggestions

JonoT

Headphones Brand, Shokz

Model, Open run pro

I work construction and wondering best open head set for making phone calls, listening to music, while still working hands free.

Cant be noise canceling, because safty, 

Cant have cables that hang down, because safty. so this product is my best guess but any other product recommendations?

https://shokz.com/products/openrunpro

One thing i have not seen on ShortCircuit so far is a plethora of unique desk/pc/accessory gadgets at an affordable price. (Kinda like what randomfrankP does).

Multiple affordable cool, yet uniquely useful gadgets that we at home can use to add some "of fuck daddy" factor to our builds or desk setups. 

Can you review Lucid Air? Heard this is a direct rival to Tesla. Very curious about how that thing turned out.

As LMG has some serious audiophiles in staff you guys should check out and maybe consider unboxing Westend audio devices. Its a small brand but has some interesting products and they promote repairability and sustainable material choices. Link to products below.

https://westendxfi.com/en/westendxfi-shop/

My personal pick would be the WestendXFi Unbelievable speaker:

https://westendxfi.com/en/product/westendxfi-unbelievable/

Its a bit pricey but I got a change to test drive one and have to say that the build and sound quality is quite brilliant. And aestheticly the speaker is very different and charming when comparing to products made by most of the bigger manufacturers.

First-time user impressions of LibreOffice (or other similar MS Office alternatives... WPS?)

I get the impression that many people's awareness in this is really limited based on their initial education, many of my co-workers went through school using MS Office (or the Google Drive suite with the newest ones)

I wind up personally using Microsoft to make working with said co-workers more streamlined, but every time I branch out I am blown away by the quality provided by free and open-source software

I grew up on a 2,000 acre crop and livestock farm in Ohio.  The new tech in farming is amazing.  For example, a company called Moocall helps farmers monitor pregnant cows that are preparing to give birth.  Would love a review on Moocall to see what all can be done with it, how accurate it is, and if it can be used on other animals/pets.  It's mainly to detect calving and when a heifer is in heat, so not sure how much can be tested on your channel, unless you want to see if any coworkers are in heat... jk.  I would like to see how well it works though.

Cropx is another.  It uses data and sensor devices to help farmers better understand water usage across their fields. The company also informs farmers about the amount of fertilizer and pesticide needed by each patch at specific times, helping farmers have a balanced crop.  Replanting and spot spraying are very common, and expensive, so knowing exactly where it's needed over hundreds/thousands of acres would be huge.

www.moocall.com

www.cropx.com

The Dog Parkerhttps://hellodogspot.com/ : It's a smart dog house for businesses to put out front so customers can leave their dog in a climate controlled dog house, with cameras, while they shop.  Admittedly, I just want to see Linus in it for an extended period of time, to test it out.

I don't care what it is as long as it's Yvonne unboxing it. She killed it with the Cricut video.

🖨️Would love to see more maker stuff. 

🪴Tech that keeps house plants alive.

🐕 Pet tech. I have two cats and have seen some pretty cool tech for pets. Including a Bissell that washes your dog 🐶 would totally try it on my cat. Maybe Jono can use it on Cadence? https://bit.ly/3mgZONy

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

Car suggestion: Audi RS e-tron GT

Would love to see Alex's review after that "dogs#!t" iX design!

CPUi9-9900KF @ 4.8GHz  |  GPUASUS EKWB GeForce RTX 3090  |  Motherboard: ROG Maximus XI Formula  |  RAM: 32GB Trident Z Royal

Storage2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 + NAS  |  CaseLian Li O11D by Der8auer  |  PSUCorsair RM1000I

CoolingBitspower Touchaqua Sedna O11D, EK Velocity Plexi CPU Block, 2 x EK PE360, Bitspower Matte Black Enhance Fittings, Glass Tubing, LL120 & FW124 ARGB Fans

KeyboardG915 TKL Lightspeed  |  MouseRazer Viper Ultimate w Dock  |  Display55" LG GX  |  SoundYamaha HTR-6130 5.1

LaptopGS66 Stealth, RTX 2080 Super Max Q, 32GB RAM

Not a suggestion. But I was just watching some parts of this video, and because I saw Yvonne doing a review recently, it was funny that she said she wouldn't do them, and Linus suggesting doing 1 of the cricut 4 years later she did. He wasn't wrong, and she did a great job.

Hello! Hope you have a great day/night!

I wonder if you could do the review of SupPac jackets. It's a wearable sub woofer. But not in a wrist, but as a jacket or something.

I also would love to see other staff's reactions when they feel the vibration.

Also please game using it. Maybe VR? I wonder if it will push the experience.

It will also be interesting for the viewers to see something like this. I would love to listen some wubby riddim dubstep while wearing it.

Thank you for reading!

Best regards, YGreater

I would like to see the new 7th generation Lenovo Yoga 7i and 9i with the 12th generation chips. Especially the 7i which doesn't seem to get much media coverage. Also i find the 14inch versions of both most interesting as its very compact for the power (especially for 9i with the P-version chips). These are both laptops which i would say will become very popular as 2in1 laptops, so would like to see an unboxing at least on these.

7i - https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/yoga/yoga-2-in-1-series/yoga-7i-gen-7-(14-inch-intel)/len101y0012

9i - https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/p/laptops/yoga/yoga-2-in-1-series/yoga-9i-gen-7-14-inch-intel/len101y0011

Hey Check this out, Legit USB-C interfaced iPhone..with every freakin-thing Working like it works with lightning port.

If you haven't already, Kobo Elipsa & Kobo Sage. I currently own a Nia and would be interested to know LTT's thoughts on them... They look pretty cool! Maybe Rakuten would even consider the possibility of a sponsorship, but I'm just spitballing now...

Kobo Sage | Rakuten Kobo eReader Store Australia (kobobooks.com)

Kobo Elipsa Pack | Rakuten Kobo eReader Store Australia (kobobooks.com)

I came across a phone id love to get their opinion of. 

The Unihertz Titan Pocket. An android phone with a blackberry firm factor physical keyboard and everything

Just saw that Asus released the 2022 Zephyrus M16. I was hype about the G14 that got updated earlier this year with a webcam and all the other goodness, but I really wanted to see the capabilities of that laptop with Thunderbolt 4. If you could focus part of the video on that and how easy it is to use the laptop with docks as a single cable desktop replacement that'd be awesome. One particular question I want answered, is if it's possible to game on the device when docked or it is limited by the power provided over TB4? Maybe test with a few different docks that all have different power outputs, or try undervolting the GPU. You guys could also see if it's possible to use both the TB4 PD and the PD through the other USB-C port. 

That was a lot and this is my first post on the forum. Happy to see everything going on at LMG and I love to hear Alex's opinions and reviews of laptops.

https://rog.asus.com/us/laptops/rog-zephyrus/rog-zephyrus-m16-2022-series/

Maybe this is not a right place to voice my concern, but I noticed in a couple LMG videos that the graphs are a bit mixed up (Latest example is mercedes EQS review/showcase, hosted by Alex). The graph that shows the frequency response of EQS comparing it to Volvo S90 is flipped, showing the EQS graph (which we`ve seen in previous examples has a steep drop-off under 40Hz) as a Volvo S90 graph and vice verse. I know it`s just a simple mistake but because it`s the only actual data we get about the sound system and the work Labs engineers put in to measure and represent that data, I think you should be more careful when displaying it so these mistakes don`t make it into a final video. Keep up the good work at showcasing and educating about tech!

Lenovo Yoga 7 Gen 7 14ARB7 (14" AMD)

Honestly, this laptop should've been offered in North America, but sadly it is not. I've been looking for ways to try to get my hands on it but it seems damn near impossible for one person to import something by himself. So I was hoping that you guys would try to get your hands on it, and maybe detail a journey on how you got it.

Also something to note: since on the consumer side, this laptop is only available to countries outside of North America, it is almost near impossible to acquire the stand English keyboard version of this laptop. However, someone from South Africa got their hands on an English keyboard laptop and are offering it on Gumtree, a Craigslist equivalent. 

Here's the link for the England website for this laptop, along with all of the available models on Lenovo's PSREF as well as the promotional spec sheet I noted down below. The Gumtree posting is also listed down below as well.

https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/laptops/yoga/yoga-2-in-1-series/Yoga-7-Gen-7-14″-AMD/p/LEN101Y0016?orgRef=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

https://psref.lenovo.com/Product/Yoga/Yoga_7_14ARB7

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://news.lenovo.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Yoga-7-14-7_Datasheet.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjjuZSNocz4AhXekYkEHeysCjMQFnoECA4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw1R6JDkh5uoajFmvLIX8PE7

- https://www.gumtree.co.za/a-lenovo-laptops/fourways/new-lenovo-yoga-7-+-14arb7/10011057230031010261323409

To list off some specs:

- Ryzen 7 6800U or Ryzen 5 6600U

- 16GB RAM, but supposedly the promotional spec sheets says it would go up to 32 GB  

- USB 4 40Gb/s (I think this would be a good device to test Thunderbolt/eGPU computability on in the Lab)

- Up to a 2.8K 90Hz 400nits OLED display

- 71 Wh battery

not sure where to put this, it's tangentially associated with much of the ShortCircuit content

For the Labs home theater testing setup - I'm hoping to get an answer to "how high of a ceiling is the limit for reflected atmos audio?"

the only way to really do this is to have a floating ceiling for the theater testing 'room' which can be raised and lowered, this would also allow for changing the air volume of the room which changes frequency reflections so it could be helpful for testing wave cancellation and how soundbars adjust their output (if they even do)

We have 12' ceilings so many soundbars we've been hoping to use just can't figure out how to reflect audio off it for virtual atmos. This has been an issue with every company's products under $1k, the Sony HT-A7000 worked, Samsung Q900/950T were the only 2 we could find sounding correct or even passable, even the HT-A9's couldn't quite do it unless they were <6ft from the ceiling. It's been a solid year of buy/return/buy another/return/increase budget/ repeat and noone is testing ceiling height for soundbars, I'm sure shorter apartment ceilings also have this issue.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

Hey guys short circuit is quickly growing on me. Would love to see a video on the Sony         SRS-RA3000 or SRS-RA5000. I love Dan’s reviews of audio equipment so far! 

Get Origin to sponsor an unboxing of their "Big O". Or is this more a suggestion for the main LTT channel? Dunno if it's more SC or LTT content. Either way, just saw Lew's (Unbox Therapy) video on it, and wanna see LTT's.

EDIT: I posted this before I looked on the website and read "built exclusively for Unbox Therapy and is not for sale". DERP!!!! Lew, if you read this and start making plans with Origin for a v4, make sure to add the "not for sale" disclaimer somewhere in the video. Cos I didn't realise this until I looked on Origin's website for myself.

Edited by BlueKnight87
Info I previously didn't have

• 2 weeks later...

I have made this suggestion a couple of months ago in the comments section but I'll do it here again. A friend of mine bought the "Oladance Wearable Stereo" recently and has high praise for them. They are earphones that are not in-your-ear-canal, which sounds great to me cuz I seriously detest inears. I am interested but the price tag is putting me off at the moment. It used to be a kickstarter and now is a full fledged product afaik. 

https://www.oladanceshop.com/products/oladance-wearable-stereo?

Would love me some LTT input, maybe a sarcastic Dan? 👀

Can you guys do a video on the ThinkPad X13s? It's the new Windows on Arm laptop that claimed to offer a much better experience than the disgrace that is the Surface X, with 64bit x86 support right out of the box and qualcomm's latest Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 SoC, with a somewhat reasonable price tag too. 

Arm's effiency advantage is just too good to ignore, but so far Apple seems to be the only one who got Arm power laptops to work well. If this X13s can match the experience of a x86 powered laptop, this could very much become the first Arm powered PC thats worth buying.

It's high time you guys put discussion threads for all your videos, not just those on the main channel, so we can comment here on what is going on. So many times you show stuff off and it all gets lost in the YT comments. Is it so hard to make it happen???