Thread for ShortCircuit Product Suggestions

JonoT

I think you might get a fun one with testing the Beyerdynamic DT990pro and a headphone-amp that is capable of driving the 250ohm headset. personaly i

use the FiiO K5 Pro or you might find even a stronger one. Pr my usage i have not gotten anny distortion useing those two together and with tolerable high volume.

Unbox the Asus TUF Dash A15 with max specs. (2023 edition)

I really think you guys should unbox the headphones Audeze Maxwell

A planar magnetic wireless gamer headphone that seems like everyone is praising it a lot and saying that the only flaw is the heat and weight

Maxwell_Gallery_600x_3Q_gray_1200x.webp

Can you take a look at the MOVO VSM-7 and MOVO VSM-5. They are XLR microphones that can change the polar pattern and they are on amazon ive had the VSM-7 for over 2 years with no issues 
Also take a look at mpow bits s i cant remember where to buy them but they were great airpod alternatives when i didnt have the money. 

Is there any phone screencast receiver that are lossless, wireless or wire for non-high-end phone which is using USB-C 2.0. I like to see one of those. Last time have one is chrome cast but that kinda suck.

Linus has been using active optical cables for his home setup, however the Icron docks are all crazy expensive or are limited to USB 1.1 or 2. There is a large selection of...questionable manufacturers that make better priced AOC USB cables. Until Eaton/Tripp Lite started selling AOC USB cables. There are a few that support only a single usb protocol, but I just bought a U428F-15M-D321 from Amazon and it supports USB 3/2/1 at 15 meters. I'm using it with a startech 4 port USB 3 10gps hub and I can get 4k@30fps from a Logitech Brio 4k webcam while using my mouse, keyboard, and wireless usb headset.

Also Cable Matters released a certified HDMI 2.1 cable, 300047-BLK-15M. I also purchased that and used the HDMI certification app to verify the certification.

This combination costs $300 USD (USB-$150 + HDMI-$130), and is a much better value than a Icron USB 3-2-1 Raven($1100 to $1300 USD + multi mode fiber costs) for the more average user.

brio_4k-AOC.JPG

usb_hub-AOC.jpg

LG_C1-hdmi.jpg

VRR_windows10-hdmi.jpg

it would be cool to have like weird lenses on short circuit, or audio stuff, or printers (like the voron) and robotic things (btw, good luck with the main channel that transformed in tesla-scam.co)

Here's a suggestion - a discussion thread for the products you are reviewing!!!

Why is it only the main videos on LTT get this luxury??? Or are you guys not interested in what YOUR VIEWERS have to say on SC videos???

BTW, it's about time Alex is calling out laptop manufacturers over their STUPID keyboard layouts, specifically the number pad and cursor key arrangement. Go back to a HP Pavilion zd7000 circa 2003, a Toshiba Qosmio X305-708 circa 2008 or an Alienware M18x circa 2012 - if they could figure out how to do it way back then it should be a non-issue today. They are simply GOING CHEAP and cutting corners at the expense of user enjoyment.

Another handy tip is the pic below - a cooling pad wont necessarily help fan noise or temps. This method actually can drop temps a good 5C and make typing more ergonomic too 😎

M18x cooling blog.png

There's a new and interesting keyboard from NuPhy: Air96. I can't seem to find enough reviews of it and the one I've seen mentions some things that should be looked at. Also it would be great to see the Shine-through nSA ABS Keycaps add-on.

꧁╭⊱́𝕀́ ̖𝕕̨̖𝕠̨ ͗𝕨̨͗𝕖̨̖𝕓̖̞𝕤̨̞𝕚̨͐𝕥͐́𝕖̨́𝕤̨⊱╮꧂

¨˜ˆ”°¹~·-.„¸(͡o‿O͡)¸„.-·~¹°”ˆ˜¨

I saw this modular keyboard designed for 3D Design/CAD use. I think it would be interesting for the video. It looks like well made keyboard. 

https://naya.tech/

You guys have done a couple of videos now where you review and try to game with trackballs.  You should try out the Logitech M575 trackball.  It's actually ergonomic and can actually be used for gaming unlike some of the other ones you've looked at so far.  https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Trackball-Precision-Ergonomic-Bluetooth/dp/B0877DK2FL/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1T2SC61FO3B50&keywords=logitech+trackball&qid=1680023522&sprefix=logitech+tra%2Caps%2C120&sr=8-3

Would love to see an unboxing and testing on the new Intel NUC X15. There are some major changes since the last one and I think it would make for an interesting video.

At the end of 2020, the raspberry PI400 "keyboard computer" came out at 100$. It was a nice packaging for the Pi4 and great computer for learning (and other cute "no clutter" uses).

It would be great to see what is on the market in 2023 that is comparable to it. 

(No, I don´t have a product list... I haven´t seen anything like it since...) :-(

Martin!

Looking for an affordable laptop for home use and the specs on this seem pretty unbelievable for the price

ASUS 2023 Vivobook 15.6" FHD Touchscreen Thin Laptop, Intel Core i3-1115G4 Up to 3.9Ghz, 20GB RAM,1TB PCIE SSD, HDMI, Fingerprint, Backlit KB, Windows 11S, Grey+ GM Accessories https://a.co/d/aMMP6o9

Viture One gaming XR glasses. https://www.viture.com/

Really want to see your thought about its gaming features like the mobile dock for Nitendo Switch and neckband for remote play mode on PS5

image.png.7344a8241df381f5b3c26b6674c44e04.png

In line with the recent video could you guys please unbox and maybe do a review/preview of the Charcoal desk?

https://www.charcoal.inc/

the promo videos are so cringe i feel like it must be done

Hey I just created an account here to repost a comment I left under the Short Circuit video on the new Walkman players because I'd really love if this reached someone at LTT. I meant it as constructive feedback for upcoming audio gear videos, which I always felt were the Achilles' Heel of LTT, even if the Labs have helped a lot recently. This video in particular felt misdirected in its writing, as I explain below. Also mandatory disclaimer that "I'm not a native English speaker" so longer writing like this one may feel off or come across differently than what I intended, but I promise it was written in good faith.

[I'm not sure if this is the right thread to leave this. I'm a forum noob, I'm sorry. Mods feel free to move this somewhere more appropriate, ofc and I hope I didn't break any rules]

I bought a pair of Sennheiser IE80s when they were being discontinued (for like €80, great deal) because Linus kept recommending them and I couldn't be happier with the purchase! I'm not a so called "audiophile", I work as a sound technician at a radio station and live events... maybe I don't have the most trained hearing ever, but I'm definitely more discerning than the average consumer and those IEMs sound AMAZING, both powered by the shitty DAC/amp on your average phone and on an actual headphone amp, like the ones you find on audio interfaces and mixing desks. The main difference between the two is the lack of bass on weaker amps, like the one on your phone, which you can make up for with the bass boost screw thingy.

Not to say you can't tell the difference between the two, but this video really called for a pair of IEMs that can work on both outputs. There's no interest in pairing these devices with hi-Z studio/reference headphones, absolutely agree with Zephyrus [other commenter] on this. I remember LTT checking out the replacement models for the IE80 from Sennheiser, those would be great for this. The Audio Technica s were the less unreasonable pair to use as would be other low-Z mixed-use (studio/DJ/hi-fi) headphones but still not perfect... The only reason to even bring out the "big boys" to the set would be for a final segment like "we saw how these handle a reasonable load, now let's do something stupid for the memes" as LTT often does.

I think both Jake and Dan are great hosts, and Dan is clearly more knowledgeable with audio if somewhat less experienced as a host (great charm tho). And the Labs have made them improve a lot when it comes to their reviews/first impressions of audio gear! But the whole direction of this video is way off... This isn't a professional product for use in music production, but isn't quite a consumer product that can just be replaced by some old cheap android phone either, or I hope it isn't, at least, and they didn't convince me either way...

Say you're a musician who's learning some new piece and need to listen to it over and over again with the best definition possible to pick up on all the subtleties of your part. Or a DJ listening to the tracklist on their way to a gig, this is a use case where the portability and cost (of the cheaper model) could be very justified. And you don't need reference headphones for that, you're not mixing/mastering! But even the expensive consumer stuff from the likes of apple (or sony consumer gear for that matter) wouldn't cut it it either. If you have a pair of IEMs that you regularly use on stage or a pair of headphones for "quiet practice", as most guitarists/bassists/drummers/etc already have that's probably a good in-between! These would be useful basically any time that you don't need the full power of a desktop headphone amplifier but need something more (wrt definition, more so than power output) than your average smartphone amp. This isn't the market segment walkmans historically belonged to, but is what I think sony is targeting here. That and "audiofools" who have too much money to waste on fancy marketing buzzwords, ofc.

Maybe this wouldn't make for a very interesting video for the average viewer, but I think most of us aren't professional photographers/videographers either and Brandon's camera videos on Short Circuit were always a must watch for me and a lot of people... Taking the last one (also about a Sony product) that David hosted as an example, the way they showed how this new ~2k$ camera fits somewhere between the entry-level and the more professional grade cameras was really informative. This video would be more informative if they did something similar: Bring out a craptastic old android phone or laptop, a less shitty smartphone with a somewhat decent DAC/amp, an audio interface with an headphone port (like the Focusrite 2i2) and a dedicated USB DAC/amp and see where this fits using a load that's somewhat reasonable with all of these.

Sorry for the long comment, I've seen LTT/Short Circuit going from absolutely clueless about audio gear to reasonable reviewers in most respects, and this video reminded me a lot of your older stuff, but I know you can do better. To use another analogy, this felt like watching Jake do an unboxing of some crazy storage server where he said "there's no reason you need 100s of TBs of storage, just buy a NAS bro", which he obviously wouldn't say...

Stay safe, a long time viewer and fan ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you’ve looked at one of these before. It was suggested as an alternative to a Samsung display I was looking at on Newegg. Might be interesting at the $270 price point for 144hz, 2k, and 99% sRGB coverage.

Description:

KTC 27 2K 165Hz, 144Hz Gaming Monitor 1440P Curved Monitor 1500R 1ms, FreeSync Premium/G-Sync, DisplayPort/HDMI/USB, Vesa/Wall Mount Computer Monitor, Desktop PC Monitor, Ultrawide 

When I saw the recent video about "OnePlus Nord Buds 2", which reminded me of the brand Soundpeats that makes earbuds that are pretty similiar in price but I've never had the chance to try them in comparison to other earbuds. Would  love to see it because they seem like a good alternative to Airpods for much cheaper!

For example the Soundpeats Air 3:

https://soundpeats.com/products/soundpeats-air3-wireless-earbuds?_pos=3&_sid=dd0a47e33&_ss=r

I would like to suggest a pair of buds for unboxing by oppo which are enco x2,https://www.oppo.com/in/product/oppo-enco-x2.P.P1100108?utm_source=google&utm_medium=media_team&utm_content=estore&utm_campaign=enco-x2

These are maybe some good buds under 100 dollars